Mpreg Central

Full Version: Yahoo "What If?" Article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice article.
This is great article. I saw it earlier this morning.
Awesome!
There's already a thread on this, lol.
is there a link to the secne of BBCs Red Dwarf that they reference in the begining?

curiouscharese

Someone in the comments section stated that maternity leave of six weeks is not enough. Anyone else feel that way? This is my first time reading someone say that.
(09-06-2014, 03:09 AM)curiouscharese Wrote: [ -> ]Someone in the comments section stated that maternity leave of six weeks is not enough. Anyone else feel that way? This is my first time reading someone say that.

Hell yes I agree with that. New parents aren't cut any slack in the U.S. like they are in other countries and it really should change.

One example is what happened to my cousin. She worked 60 hours a week as a manager and when she had her first child she ended up inducing, which is something she really didn't want to do because of the risks, simply because she wanted to be able to spend time with her baby before going back to work.
She actually induced just because she couldn't get more time off with her baby. It's awful that mothers are forced to make those kinds of decisions.
Also, fathers aren't given enough time to help their wives out at home, either.

curiouscharese

(09-10-2014, 09:17 PM)Goddess Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2014, 03:09 AM)curiouscharese Wrote: [ -> ]Someone in the comments section stated that maternity leave of six weeks is not enough. Anyone else feel that way? This is my first time reading someone say that.

Hell yes I agree with that. New parents aren't cut any slack in the U.S. like they are in other countries and it really should change.

One example is what happened to my cousin. She worked 60 hours a week as a manager and when she had her first child she ended up inducing, which is something she really didn't want to do because of the risks, simply because she wanted to be able to spend time with her baby before going back to work.
She actually induced just because she couldn't get more time off with her baby. It's awful that mothers are forced to make those kinds of decisions.
Also, fathers aren't given enough time to help their wives out at home, either.
That's horrible about your cousin.

As for fathers, I'd agree...except I think shows like "Maury" don't really help the paternity leave debate. Some men might take advantage of it...