Mpreg Central

Full Version: Musicals!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Elvira just posted a story that reminded me of this thread, so I'm resurrecting it.

Anyone like musicals? Which ones?

I grew up listening to "Phantom of the Opera" and "Les Miserables", and watching old movies like "Thoroughly Modern Millie", "Guys and Dolls", and "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers".

Recently I aquired "1776", and although it's long, it has its charms.

Love "Rocky Horror Picture Show". Would love to see it live like they used to do 20 or so years ago.

The Cinderella musicals (yes there is more than one) are always classics, and "Peter Pan" was a childhood favorite of mine.

How 'bout you guys?
I agree with Kicking. Phantom Of The Opera, Les Miserables, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Sweeny Todd. *sigh* all great musicals.
Phantom, Les Mis, Sunset Boulevard...Grease...Chicago...:) Godspell. A few of the Disney ones too.

;) Coincidentally, I was a drama major in university.

I'm a huge fan of Les Mis. It's my favorite musical of all time.

I had a brief Phantom phase, but it wasn't as enduring as my adoration for Les Mis.

And yeah, all the Disney musicals lol, but I think the best music is in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
(04-18-2012, 06:38 PM)Goddess Wrote: [ -> ]And yeah, all the Disney musicals lol, but I think the best music is in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Oh, hands down the best music!
PotO, Les Mis, Wicked, Rent, ummm.... More if I can find a way to see em... But right now they are top on the list. :-)
Oh god... i so forgot rent. My school chorus did the whole score from rent.
Hedwig and the Angry Inch is perhaps one of my favorite musicals of all time. RHPS is a classic as well as the sequel Shock Treatment, Phantom was alright but a bit over done nowadays, Chicago is always good, Dracula was enjoyable, My all time guilty pleasure is Moulin Rouge, Repo! was a fun sexy dirty ride and I still go back from time to time to watch it again, Cabaret is definitely a favorite, and Wicked was ok but I never really got swept up in the hype as I found the book had more substance and the serious tone I wanted. That's my two cents thrown into the mix.

Strangely enough I was a Theatre major in College and now I am a Master Cosmetologist instead...not entire sure how those two are related...

Sugar Kitten =^_^=

Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang! and.. The Pick of Destiny! (Tenacious D)

When I was in school I played in Oliver Twist, and I was the only male dancer in the dancing/singing squad, but also played Dr. Grimwig!
Watching "Hello, Dolly!" right now, XD

Oh, so awesome!
My theater group actually just put on a production of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying." I had a lot of fun with it and loved the music. Nice 60's vibe throughout the show. My favorites though are probably "Fiddler on the Roof," "Spamalot," "Chicago," "Wicked," "Les Mis," "Phantom of the Opera," "Rent," "Westside Story," and "Funny Girl." I absolutely LOVE theater!
Not to sound like the Dos Equis commercials, but

I don't always watch musicals, but when I do, I prefer Repo! The Genetic Opera, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show!

I kind of feel like Disney films are kind of a moot point [since they almost always sing], but if I had to choose, I'd go with Aladdin!

But that's as far as my fandom for musicals go...

P.S. - Speaking of Rocky, Shock Treatment MAKES NO SENSE!
Disney movies don't really count as musicals... Not in my mind anyway. I love them, but they aren't musicals. *shrugs*
I got to see Rocky Horror Picture Show live :3 And it was awesome. We didn't get to throw all of the props on stage, like hot dogs and such, because the theater was brand new. The actors dress was inspired by Lady Gaga costumes and they they made us dance with them. Nothing like doing the time warp with a theater of people XD Better yet, I sat right next to the people that got to shout during the play. Best seats in the house.

And I love Repo! The Genetic Opera. Zydrate Anatomy is my all time favorite song of the entire musical. Hey, did anyone else absolutely hate Shilo by the end of the movie? I sure did...
Well, when I was a junior in high school, my high school put on Westside Story and I played the part of Mouthpiece in it (one of the "supporting" characters--not major). So, I have to go with that one. Plus, when my high school choir took a "field trip" to NYC, we went to see Phantom of the Opera and let's just say that it was just AMAZING! I really haven't seen many musicals (when you exclude the Disney movies like The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, etc.) so I really don't have much to go off of. Granted The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast have BRoadway versions, but I have never seen either one so...yeah.
"When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette, to your last dying daaaaay!"
(05-14-2012, 12:22 AM)Visser5 Wrote: [ -> ]"When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette, to your last dying daaaaay!"

Remember that song as if it was yesterday... It was fun being a part of the musical that year. Too bad the director had to leave due to personal reasons and left the following year's musical to my high school's choir director (who plays favorites/teacher's pet which I really don't care for). In hindsight, do I feel like I should have partaken in the musical despite the Director change? Yes. Would I still auditioned for it if I actually went through with it? Possibly. *sigh*
"Hello, my name is Elder Price, and I would like to share with you the most amazing book..."
Oh my! I love Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, All Shook Up, Seussical, Rent, Rocky Horror, Jersey Boys, and WICKED!!!!!!

I starred in all shook up and seussical. Best time of my life ever!
:D

SeanWoods221

I like Phantom of the Opera, but I love Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical.
Pages: 1 2