Mpreg Central

Full Version: Thread comments/reply adjustments?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering, how come the site doesn't change the way new comments & replies are shown in the threads? I'm not demanding it, but I feel like it would be easier for people here to see the latest comment/post/response from someone if it was placed at the very top of the thread instead of having to always go to the very last page to see it. New comments/posts/replies should belong on the top every time it gets posted. At least to me, anyways.

It's just a personal thing for me. Call it a pet peeve.
That would be... confusing.

I mean, I understand where you are coming from, but you read everything from top to bottom, at least in English and the romantic languages. Having the newest posts be on top would be a little strange, especially if you need to backtrack to find out what is going on. Then you would need to read top to bottom in each post while scrolling up the page from the bottom to the top to see what is going on.

I've seen a few forums set up that way and I never stay on them long.

It might be a little better if the newest post was duplicated and put on top with the rest of the thread was in order, but I'm not sure our website is even capable of doing that.
(07-25-2015, 08:16 AM)TheKicking Wrote: [ -> ]That would be... confusing.

I mean, I understand where you are coming from, but you read everything from top to bottom, at least in English and the romantic languages. Having the newest posts be on top would be a little strange, especially if you need to backtrack to find out what is going on. Then you would need to read top to bottom in each post while scrolling up the page from the bottom to the top to see what is going on.

I've seen a few forums set up that way and I never stay on them long.

It might be a little better if the newest post was duplicated and put on top with the rest of the thread was in order, but I'm not sure our website is even capable of doing that.

Now that you mention it - it would be slightly confusing, especially for the story department. Such a shame special tweaks can't be made.
You do realize, Frisby, that if you click on the "last post" link to the right of a thread in its forum you get taken to the newest comment, right? That saves you from having to scroll through preexisting comments and posts in that thread.