Mpreg Central
An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED) - Printable Version

+- Mpreg Central (https://mpregcentral.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Roleplaying (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Forum: Mpreg Roleplaying (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Forum: General Roleplay (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+----- Forum: Roleplay Archives (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+----- Thread: An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED) (/showthread.php?tid=4146)

RE: An Odd Story of Man, Machine, and Magic - FweepFwopFwoop - 07-22-2014

Up ahead, along the shores of the White River, a small group was already set up with their carriage. They seemed to be a merchant caravan, from the looks of it. One was human, the other a dwarf, an elf, and a fourth man who was of a race Cormac could not recognize. His skin was pale, and from his forehead, horns grew out, and angled back. He was the largest of the traders.

The largest one greeted Cormac as he pulled the carriage closer. "Hana'ken." He said. He was holding a net full of fish.

RE: An Odd Story of Man, Machine, and Magic - Eskal - 07-22-2014

"Hello," Cormac said politely as he hopped off the carriage and began releasing the horses. "Hope you don't mind us camping with you for the night."

"You are more than welcome." The horned one said. Astien came out of the carriage, one hand on the small of his back. "Hello." He told the man.

The horned man nodded toward him. "Hana'ken. I have already told your friend that you are both welcome here. Come sit by the fire." He gestured.

Around the fire sat the human, elf, and dwarf, who seemed to be the only woman of the group.

Cormac lead the horses to the river and left them to drink and graze before sitting by the fire. He figured to let himself rest before starting on preparing his and Astien's meal.

The three bid hello to Cormac and Astien. The horned one gave the human the fish, and he began chopping it up. "Will you be joining us for dinner?" The human asked.

"If it's no trouble, yes." Astien replied.

The horned one sat beside his comrades. "What brings you this way, friends?"

"We're heading to Dragonperch," Cormac said.

"Dragonperch Mountain? You sure he's in any shape to make the trip?" The elf asked as he gestured toward Astien. Astien blushed.

"He stays in the carriage while we travel. It was his idea anyway."

"Most travelers remain in their carriages while they travel. That does not mean hey are fit for the trip. But that is not for us to concern ourselves with." The horned one spoke.

"Are you pilgrims? Going to ask for a blessing for your baby?" Asked the dwarf.

"Something like that." Astien said.

Cormac nodded. He had never heard of a half-drake, even in stories, so he figured it was best for them not to state the true reason why they were making this venture. He took out Fraea and the daggers to clean and sharpen them respectively.

The elf whistled at the sight of Fraea. "A collapsable bow. You into collectibles, kid? That could fetch you a nice price, especially since that one's in good shape."

"Ah, no I don't plan on selling her. She was a gift. I promised to take care of her and make good use of her."

The elf shrugged. "Alright, but if you ever change your mind, I'll be happy to take her."

The human then served up the fish to all around the fire. It was a bit too lacking in chocolate sauce for Astien's tastes, but he decided to remain silent about that. He didn't want to seem ungrateful to their hosts.

The horned one began playing a lute, and the elf played a harp as the human and the dwarf danced like fools. They even roped Astien into dancing, though he wasn't dancing so much as shuffling.

Cormac smiled and pulled out his ocarina and joined in the festivities.

Following the dancing, the merchants decided to show their wares. Astien was more interested in the baby clothes the horned one was showing him. The human was offering magic related items, but they all seemed to be things Astien already had. The elf offered traditional elven crafts, and the dwarf offered dwarven weapons and armors.

Cormac eyed the armor, but wasn't sure if he should buy especially if it could be destroyed by his wings sprouting again.

Astien decided to buy some of the baby clothes, then turned in for the night. The human, elf, and dwarf went to sleep as well, but the horned one remained by the fire, quietly humming a warrior's song, looking out for trouble.

Cormac stayed up for a while after Astien had turned in. He laid atop the carriage and looked up at the stars. He traced the constellations with his eyes.

"There is a certain calmness offered by the night that makes it feel safe, despite all the horrors it stirs. We are smart enough to know that this peace is what the night time horrors rely upon... And yet we cannot resist it." The horned one spoke to no one in particular. "This peace is shroud to harpies and vampires, but I would give it up for nothing."

"I've dealt with harpies," Cormac said with a shudder. "I hope to never deal with vampires. I've traveled for a while now and I have grown to like the night sky."