Mpreg Central
An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED) - Printable Version

+- Mpreg Central (https://mpregcentral.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Roleplaying (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Forum: Mpreg Roleplaying (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Forum: General Roleplay (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+----- Forum: Roleplay Archives (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+----- Thread: An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED) (/showthread.php?tid=4146)

RE: An Odd Story of Man, Machine, and Magic - Eskal - 07-24-2014

Cormac talked with the inn keeper and helped Astien to the room the had gotten them. Once they were in the room he took his clothes off and hung them in the bathroom to dry. He sat in the only chair with a towel around his hips and tended to Fraea. He tapped his fingers against her frame as he trailed off into thought. The elf mentioned that the bow would be worth quite a bit of money. Question was if he could manage to find a buyer and would it be enough to get a new carriage? And would it be wise to get rid of his only range weapon?

RE: An Odd Story of Man, Machine, and Magic - FweepFwopFwoop - 07-24-2014

Astien drew a nice warm bath to rid himself of the cold. He sat in the tub, eyes closed, just trying to relax after the last few days of stress. His baby gently kicked inside of him. He smiled and slowly stroked his tummy. At least his little one was okay. "I hope you're warm, at least." He said to his belly. "Things will be easier for us now. I promise." He sighed. Winter was coming. An he didn't have the proper clothes for it.

Cormac put on a change of clothes and headed out to the town. He wore a change of clothes that his grandfather had packed, all in royal colors. Either they would attract trouble or make things easier. He was hoping for the later. He made his way to the market place. He found the shop he was looking for. "How much would a carriage cost me?" he asked the shop keep.

An elderly centaur ran the store Cormac was in. "That depends on what size you're after and whether you're looking to rent or buy. And of course one has to factor in steeds. A carriage ain't any good without something to pull it."

"We only have one horse left. I need one big enough for at least two people and decent storage. I'm looking to buy."

The centaur rubbed his chin in thought. "Alright, follow me then." He led Cormac back and showed him a few carriages. "Find one you think is right. I'll wait here."

Cormac carefully looked over each of the carriages. "This one is great," Cormac said. It was about the size of the previous one, bit only a little wider. "How much for this one?"

"Hmm, well this one here'll run you about 23 thousand. Buy a steed too, and you'll save 40% on the steed."

(Disclaimer: I can't math.)

Cormac's nose wrinkled as he pulled out his coin pouch along with Fraea and the two daggers. "Do you take trades? I'm afraid I don't have that much gold on me."

The innkeeper shook his head. "Sorry son. Cash only. If you're struggling with money, you can usually find odd jobs what need doing round the market."

Cormac nodded and put his items away. "Do you have any leads on that sort of thing? I'm willing to do any sort of work."

"Hmm... Blacksmith's usually complaining he hasn't got any help. Butcher's errand boy left him last week. Inn usually takes people to scrub floors and do laundry. Beyond that, there's a job board in the town square, and another one outside the temple of Asana."

Cormac nodded and smiled. "Thank you. I'll come back as soon as possible." He waved and quickly left the shop. He walked into the blacksmith's shop. "Excuse me, do you buy weapons?" He took out Fraea and the daggers and placed them on the counter.

"I do." The blacksmith said. He looked over the weapons Cormac set before him. "Hmmm. These are some fine pieces here, but the real money's in these daggers." He picked up one of the daggers and looked it over. "Solid steel, good shape, minimal nicks and scratches.... That a moonstone set in the pommel? Might be." He set the dagger back down. "You lookin' to sell all these pieces?"

"I'll only give you the daggers if that's what you're truly interested in," Cormac said.

"I run a business, kid. Doesn't matter if I'm interested, it matters if you want to sell."

Cormac thought for a moment and took Fraea off the counter. "Just the daggers." As much as he needed the money Fraea was a gift and he promised to take care of her. "I also heard you're looking for some help."

"Alright then. These daggers'll get you about... Two thousand. And yeah, I do need an assistant."

"I'm not sure how long I'll be in town for, though. Is that going to be an issue?" Cormac asked.

"Sorry then, kid. I need a long term assistant. No hard feelings."