Mpreg Central
An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED) - Printable Version

+- Mpreg Central (https://mpregcentral.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Roleplaying (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Forum: Mpreg Roleplaying (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Forum: General Roleplay (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+----- Forum: Roleplay Archives (https://mpregcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+----- Thread: An Odd Story of Man and Magic. A fantasy RP. (FINISHED) (/showthread.php?tid=4146)

RE: An Odd Story of Man, Machine, and Magic - FweepFwopFwoop - 07-30-2014

Astien quickly wiped the tears from his eyes and tried to be nonchalant. "Oh, uh, yes I'm fine. What are you doing out here?" He asked. "Very dangerous to be out this late. Vampires and all that."

RE: An Odd Story of Man, Machine, and Magic - Eskal - 07-30-2014

"We could say the same to you," Wyn said gently as she touched Astien's hand. "Is something bothering you?"
"There's no use hiding anything from her, Astien."

Astien braced himself against the tree and pulled himself to his feet. "I'm fine, everything's fine. Lets all just... Go home."

As they all walked back, Astien allowed himself to trail behind. When he thought he was out of earshot, he turned back to the moon and spoke quietly. "Goddess Faye, maybe you can answer my questions in my dreams tonight. But, what is the purpose to my life? It feels so empty and... Pointless." Again, no response. "Lady Faye," he said quietly. "Would I be better off if I just ended my life tonight?" A light drizzle began from the sky, and Astien hung his head in shame. "I'm sorry, goddess. I didn't mean to make you cry." He turned around and hurried to catch up with the others.

"I have to thank you for looking after Cormac," Wyn said. "I've been worried about him. It's nice to see that he has some sort of father figure in his life now."

"Well, he's been looking after me, so I suppose we're even."

"Well, that's what a family is supposed to do, isn't it?" Wyn questioned. "We look after each other." She hooked an of her arms into Cormac's and Astien's.
"We're one strange family then," Cormac chuckled.
"But a family none-the-less."

Astien chuckled. "Yeah... I guess so."

Wyn smiled and made everybody some tea once they got to the carriage. "What are you doing?" she asked Cormac as he began padding the floor with his clothes and cloak.
"I'm just setting up so you can take my bunk," Cormac said with a blush. "It'll be a tight fit if we shared."

"All the more excuse to cuddle." Astien said. "Tell me I'm wrong. You can't."

Wyn giggled. "If you're worried that I'll fall then you should just keep your arms around me." Cormac nodded and cleared up the floor. He removed his shirt and shoes and climbed into the top bunk. Wyn smiled and changed into her nightgown and braided her long hair before joining him. It was a tight fit, but if they laid on their sides there was enough room. "Sleep well, Astien."
Wyn was the first one up in the morning and immediately took to the kitchen to make a hearty breakfast for everybody. While that was cooking she took to mending some of the clothes and even altering some of Astien's clothes to have them fit him better. While she was born and raised with a silver spoon in her mouth, Wyn had always liked taking care of people especially her loved ones.

When Astien first woke up, he was startled to see a third person in his home. But then he remembered, it was only Wyn. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"Making your clothes bigger," Wyn stated cheerfully. "Also I made some portage with fruit and sausage for breakfast."
Cormac yawned and sat up. "You're up early Wyn."
"I had to make breakfast, plus the sooner we get moving the sooner we can reach the cottage. You should gather some fire wood before we go." Cormac nodded and quickly got dressed. He enjoyed a quick breakfast before leaving the carriage after pecking Wyn on the cheek. She sighed wistfully. "He's grown up so much." She smiled at Astien. "I guess I have you to thank for that somewhat. Gods only know what he was like before he started working for you."

"He's been reliable as long as I've known him. But I guess I might have helped him... Connect with himself."

"After they buried his mother he ran off without saying anything. I waited for him to come back, but days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months and those turned into years. Most girls in my position would have given up and gotten married, but...I just feel this connection with him. I can't quite explain it. Have you ever felt that way about somebody, Astien?" She gave Astien the altered shirt for him to try on.

Astien pulled the shirt over his head and smoothed it out over his belly. He was pleasantly surprised with the new fit. He shook his head. "No, can't say I have. I've never really been fortunate in the love department."

"I'm sure you'll find somebody," Wyn assured him. "You're a really sweet man even if I haven't known you long." She kissed his forehead and returned to her mending.
Cormac returned a while later and loaded up the wood chest with the firewood he scrounged up. Once that was finished he got the carriage moving towards the mountains.

Astien sat in bed, the bat in his arms, staring off into space.

Wyn started quietly singing as she worked on laundry in the sink. "I'll swim and sail on savage seas with ne'er a fear of drowning. And gladly ride the waves of life, if you will marry me. No scorching sun, nor freezing cold, will stop me on my journey."
"If you will promise me your heart and love me for eternity. My dearest one, my darling dear, your mighty words astound me, but I've no need of mighty deeds when I feel your arms around me," Cormac sang from his perch outside the carriage. He looked to the sky and wondered if Wyn joining them was a good idea or not. While he was happy to see her again and have her in his life, was it really worth risking her life. He ran his hand through his hair. "That's three now," he muttered to himself. "Three people to protect." His mind wandered to Astien's child and it's lack of energy and activity for the past few weeks. He couldn't help but feel responsible. If he hadn't listened to his grandfather and just stayed with Astien to begin with, he wouldn't have taken that fall of the horse or gotten so sick. He tried to shake the thoughts from his head and focus on the road ahead, metaphorically and literally. What was done, was done, and all they could do was move forward and hope for the best.

Up ahead, on the side of the road, there sat an elf, a pack on his back, and his fingers flying across a guitar. He looked a bit dirty, and not particularly well off, but he seemed happy enough, strumming away and singing.

"Golden girl, with a golden smile,
Please don't go, please stay a while.
Cuz I have walked a thousand miles,
For the golden girl, with a golden smile."

He smiled at Cormac as he rode closer to him. "Hey, friend. Don't suppose you'd mind to sit a spell?"

"Not at all." Cormac pulled the carriage to a stop.
Wyn stepped out of the carriage. "Why are we stopping?"
"I need to stretch my legs. Plus I think you and Astien could use some fresh air."