C My brothers best friend

Owen chewed on his lip looking around the room a little nervously. He didn’t like that he was going to a new doctor but he needed to get back to work and he kept having to call in sick. He rubbed his tender stomach gingerly, he was hungry and felt sick at the same time.

A few minutes go by as the clock on the wall ticks loudly with each passing second until the door opens and Shawn walks in, looking down at the Owen's chart that the nurse had given him.

I don't do sexual content, it makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am asexual.

Owen was feeling more and more nervous and sick as he just sat there waiting. He fiddled with his phone trying to distract himself. He heard someone come in and looked up gasping a little “Shawn…?” He asked curiously

"Owen?! I saw your name on your chart but I didn't realize that it was you, I never got your last name" Shawn looks up startled before chuckling awkwardly "I'm sorry for not calling you back yet, work has been kicking my ass"

Owen shook his head “It’s fine, we agreed it was a one night thing, I wasn’t expecting anything more than that” he shrugged lightly and smiled awkwardly “I didn’t realise you were a doctor” he laughed rubbing the back of his neck

"Yeah...right" Shawn's smile wavers a bit "I never brought it up..." He shrugs his shoulders "Soooo, it says in your chart that you've been having some stomach problems?" He says.

Owen swallowed and nodded “Yeah, I’ve been sick on and off every day for the past week. I need to go back to work to, you know, pay bills” he laughed lightly “Um…I guess I’ve been a bit bloated too and certain smells are setting me off, like I can’t have or be near coffee at the moment which sucks” he laughed lightly

"Oh, I'll have to run a few tests on you so we can narrow down possibilities" Shawn says as a few possible diagnoses cross his mind "...unless you would like a different doctor?"

Owen swallowed roughly “No, it’s okay” he smiled gently “At least I know you” he laughed lightly before he felt a wave of nausea hit and quickly looked around for something to be sick in

Shawn jumps and quickly passes a trashcan to Owen.

Owen took it and vomited in it a few times before wiping his mouth “Sorry” he said embarrassed

"It's okay, I deal with worse than vomit every day" Shawn chuckles.

Owen chuckled softly and grabbed some gum from his pocket chewing on it to get the taste out of his mouth “So…what tests do you need to do?” He asked

"Well if my suspicions are correct, just a blood test and a urine test will do" Shawn says as he gives Owen a glass of water.

Owen nodded and sipped at the water “Thankyou” he said smiling “What are your suspicions?” He asked worriedly

"I um...I suspect that you might be pregnant? How long have you been having these symptoms?"

Owen froze for a second “N-no, I can’t be pregnant” he said shaking his head “I’ve been sick for almost a week. You’re wrong, that’s not it” he said scared

"It's okay, calm down. I didn't say that you were pregnant, I said that your symptoms make me suspect the possibility that you COULD be" Shawn says, resting a comforting hand on Owen's shoulder.

Owen took a shaky breath and nodded “Okay” he said shakily “So blood and urine test?” He said softly and started to chew on his lip worriedly

Shawn nods as he starts looking through the cabinets above the room's sink for what they would need for both samples.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post