C My brothers best friend

Owen laughed nervously “You have delivered tons of babies but not your own, you’re going to be in pain, you’re probably not going to think straight, what if you tear and bleed out or something really bad happens, what if something bad happens and I can’t get you to the hospital in time?” He said worriedly

"Nothing bad will happen! Everything will be fine!" Shawn insists, sighing with frustration.

I don't do sexual content, it makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am asexual.

Owen frowned “Why are you getting mad at me? I’m worried about you and our baby, we agreed that I would deliver the baby if I was confident and I’m not” he said crossing his arms frustrated as well

"I'm not mad at you, I'm just frustrated with everything right now. Nothing is going right anymore" Shawn huffs.

Owen looked at him hurt “Nothing is going right anymore…” he said sadly pulling away and standing up wrapping his arms around himself a bit “Sorry…” he said hurt blinking back tears before leaving the room and going down to the twins room climbing in Molly’s bed with her holding her close

"Wait! That's not what I meant..." Shawn sighs and gets up to follow Owen "I meant that nothing about the pregnancy is going right anymore, I feel like everyone is making my decisions for me without having any say so on the matter myself. It feels like I can't do anything without someone second guessing everything I say and every decision I make "

Owen frowned at him “Excuse me?” He said getting up and glaring at him a little “I have done nothing but support your decisions through this! You wanted the gender to be a surprise, I said yes, you said you didn’t want a hospital, I said yes, you cancelled on the midwives without discussing it with me, you said we would choose whether or not I was ready to help you through this since I don’t have any training or medical knowledge and I’m telling you I’m not ready and you refuse to listen and get angry at me. All I’ve done is support every decision in this pregnancy you want! But this doesn’t just affect you! You have two other children and a fiancé, what happens if something happens to you or the baby and it’s because I didn’t know what to do? You would never forgive me if something happened to the baby and I would never forgive myself. And what if something happened to you? And I’m left by myself with three kids under 3, what am I supposed to do then? Just continue on like everything is normal? I’m terrified and all you’ve cared about is whether you’re comfortable and I’ve gone along with it because I want you to be happy but the whole situation you want terrifies me and you don’t even listen!”

"You say that as if I didn't go through the same thing when you were pregnant! I had no say in anything about your pregnancy up until you went into labor, all I could do was give you advice and hope either you or Nick listened to that advice. I wasn't able to be there for most of your pregnancy, Nick was there making those decisions and experiencing it all with you instead of me! Do you know how much that hurt?! I kept my mouth shut because you seemed happy with him and I didn't want to ruin that for you!" Shawn glares back at Owen with tears in his eyes "Seeing the two of you together and seeing Nick acting like the twins were his kids was absolute torture, I wanted to be with you so badly and for nine months I had to watch you in a seemingly happy relationship with another man while you were carrying my children even after he kept treating you like shit and ignoring you when you needed him...you deserved better than him then and you deserve better than me now..."

Owen felt himself tearing up “I did as much as I could to involve you in everything! In every milestone! Every opportunity I could I had you involved! I let you make the decision about whether we found out the gender or not, I made sure you were the first to feel them kicking, not Nick, I let you choose the names for them. We went out for lunch at least two or three times a month throughout, maybe I didn’t see how bad Nick was for me, I admit that, but he seemed to care and didn’t flee when I found out I was pregnant and tried to be supportive but he was struggling with it too, you would have seen how jealous he was of our relationship and it wasn’t because we were falling in love with each other it was because we had these babies who were always going to be ours, he never had a claim on them. If I wanted better than you I wouldn’t have proposed to you, would I? No! I love you and I will love you forever, that ring promises that but I’ve been so scared about all of this and I’m so tired of feeling like I have to bottle it up to make sure you’re comfortable, I want you to be happy but more than that I want you to be safe”

"I'm scared too! I've been trying to hide it so you won't have to worry about me too on top of everything else you have to deal with! I buried my fear with confidence so you wouldn't see how damn terrified I am! Seeing how difficult it all was on you really scared me, you're so much stronger than me and you struggled so much...how could I possibly make it through that?"

Owen moved to him wrapping his arms around him tightly as much as he could with the bump in between them “I love you so damn much of course I’m going to worry about you. I promise, I promise I won’t let anything happen to you or the baby” he said softly “I know you’re afraid, having a baby is terrifying and it hurts a lot but I’ll be here, the whole time, no matter what, okay? And you’re being ridiculous about strength, you’re way stronger than you know” he said and kissed him softly “We’re in all of this together, forever” he smiled gently

"I love you too...I love you so much..." Shawn sniffles and hugs Owen tightly "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

Owen kissed his forehead softly “Don’t be sorry” he said softly “We both messed up, communicating these last few months has not been easy between us but from now on we will be honest about everything okay?” He said smiling gently

Shawn nods, still hugging Owen tightly "Okay..."

Owen ran his fingers through his fiancé’s hair gently “I love you so much. If you want me to be the only person at the birth I’ll do it, but I need you to go through worst case scenarios just so I know what to look out for, and what I need to do, okay?”

"Okay, I can write down a list so we have the information on hand if we need it" Shawn says, leaning into Owen's touch.

Owen smiled gently and leaned up kissing him softly “I love you” he said happily

Shawn kisses back "Love you too, so much"

Another few weeks went by, Owen had Shawn’s head on his lap and was gently stroking his hair as the kids played on the floor “I can’t believe its already almost time” he laughed lightly “I swear it was yesterday I proposed and I knocked you up” he teased playfully

Shawn chuckles and holds his belly "I know, right? It doesn't feel like it's been almost nine months"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post