C My brothers best friend

Owen smiled gently at him, he still couldn’t help the flutter that seeing Shawn gave him even after the time apart. He saw movement behind him and saw the other man freezing up a little “O-oh…” he said quietly blinking back tears “Um…I just…I needed to talk to you but you’re on a date s-so I’ll just talk to you another time” he said taking a couple steps back automatically

"Are you sure? You can stay for a bit if you'd like to" Shawn offers, part of him wanting Owen to stay a little bit longer.

I don't do sexual content, it makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am asexual.

Owen shook his head quickly “I really don’t want to interrupt your date” he said his lip quivering just a little “It’s not important, another time” he said a little shakily before turning and walking away quickly his heart pounding rapidly as tears started to fall down his face.

(Maybe Shawn finds out from someone at the hospital who doesn’t know they’re separated and congratulates him and then he goes to confront Owen? )

(That's a good idea!)

"Umm, okay...see you around I guess..." Shawn says, looking confused as Owen leaves.

Owen burst into tears before going home. A few days later he was making some snacks for the kids while they were doing their homework. He sat them on the table for them to share before hearing a knock on the door, he wen there confused “Shawn? I have the kids til tomorrow, what are you doing here?”

"One of my co-workers congratulated me on your pregnancy...is it mine? Is that what you came to tell me?" Shawn asks, already knowing what Owen would say.

Owen looked back to check the kids didn’t hear before sighing a little looking back at Shawn “Yes” he said quietly biting his lip a little looking at Shawn awkwardly

"That's what I thought you would say..." Shawn sighs, fidgeting nervously "I-I'm sorry"

Owen looked at his feet awkwardly “Sorry for what?” He asked quietly fiddling with his fingers

"Everything...for putting you in this situation, for fighting with you so much" Shawn replies, feeling equally as awkward.

Owen nodded still looking down before turning and going back inside and grabbing the sonogram picture bringing it back and handing it to him “Here…I got you a copy” he said softly

"Thank you, I appreciate it" Shawn smiles sadly as he looks down at the picture.

Owen swallowed nervously and rubbed his neck a little “My next ultrasound is in two weeks on the Friday at 10am, if you want to come…they’re being careful cause I’m close to 40 so I’m in the geriatric father range” he laughed lightly “Anyway…that was all I had to tell you, if that’s all I’ll see you when you pick the kids up tomorrow?” He said and bit his lip a little

"I'll be there, promise. Call me whenever you need anything and I'll come over" Shawn assures Owen.

Owen smiled sadly and nodded “Anything happens with the baby I’ll let you know” he said softly before closing the door sighing a little. Two weeks later he patiently waited for the doctor to call his name for the ultrasound

Shawn shows up at the clinic and sits down next to Owen "Hey. I'm not too late, am I?" He smiles.

Owen smiled softly at him and shook his head “Just waiting to be called” he said looking away awkwardly

"Good, how have you been?" Shawn asks.

Owen swallowed roughly “We don’t have to do small talk” he said quietly before hearing his name called and following the doctor

"O-Oh...okay..." Shawn frowns and gets up to follow Owen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post