C The experiment

Ry shrugged a little “It may not be a physical attack, perhaps an emotional one or a personal one, maybe you’re trying to catch yourself and admit something? However, I’m not sure, that’s part of the human mind I do not comprehend well” he said and gently touched his stomach rubbing his thumb over it lightly “I am very excited for the arrival of ‘our’ child” he said smiling down at Amadeus’ stomach

"I have a question... Do you want to have a child so you won't be alone? You need someone to love?" he asked with seriousness, looking into his eyes. He wanted to know the answer to that question.

Ry felt himself freeze up a little before sitting up “Are you hungry?” He asked trying to distract him, not wanting to speak about his loneliness. He stood quickly moving to the kitchen to make food and avoid the conversation.

Amadeus already wanted to go after him, but stopped himself in the end. Maybe it's better not to continue this topic? Comfort him? Heavyweight got up and followed him into the kitchen. She gently embraced him from behind. "You acted like a mentally ill thug at first, but you're okay!"

Ry froze at the touch breathing a little heavily “Thank you” he said quietly as he continued to try and move from the embrace making the food for Amadeus silently.

Amadeus let him go quickly, not wanting to make this embarrassing for both of them. He immediately sat in silence, taking in the pregnancy book Ry had read to him earlier.

Ry focused on the food putting it on a plate and brought it over to Amadeus quietly sitting it on the table in front of him before sitting a little further away from him looking down at the floor as he thought silently.

Amadeus, however, did not give up so easily if he had the chance. He moved closer to Ry, looking at him carefully. "Did I offend you? If so, I'm sorry"

Ry sighed softly “No, you did not offend me” he said softly “I have been alone a long time, it is not a nice place to be and I would like a child to change that for me, I didn’t get chosen as someone’s mate and all those I asked rejected me but a child wouldn’t know”

"Ever since I told my father that I like men we haven't spoken to each other.... I guess he was kind of right about me not being gay since I've been on so many dates and so far nobody wants me... So I understand you," he said, and then touched his arm, "Will you eat with me? I feel silly eating alone"

Ry shook his head “You just haven’t found the correct mate yet, I’m sure you will” he said softly “Maybe that Thomas next door” he said, although it hurt he wanted Amadeus happy and to be with someone that would appreciate him. He took a small portion for himself as he didn’t eat often and took little bites “Is that better?”

"You said he liked women... Are you... No, never mind," he said, and then went back to eating his meal, "Could I cook something myself? Your food is ok, but I would like something normal though, meat, salad, and for dessert for example chocolate cake?"

Ry shrugged “I do not know his preference, I assumed from the way he spoke but I could be incorrect” he said softly “Am I what?” He asked curiously “You may cook whatever you like, however I would like if you still had at least some of what I make as well as it gives you more vitamins and minerals for the development of the baby, especially with the growing pace of our child”

"It doesn't matter anymore, don't ask..." he said confused and then returned to the topic about cooking "And what do you add to your meals? Since it's supposed to help the baby I'm going to try balancing my meals that way too...."

Ry frowned a little “I told you you could ask me anything and I would reply honestly, what was your question?” He said “I use plants from my planet and genetically modified plants from yours as well” he said getting up and opening a cupboard pointing out blue and purple potatoes and carrots

"So it's not hard. I could try," he said, looking at the vegetables. But then through his gaze returned to his question. "I, uh... Are you jealous of Thomas?" he asked abashed. "Never mind, I'm talking nonsense"

Ry looked at him confused “I do not feel jealousy, he just makes me feel uneasy when you two speak to each other over the fence” he said frowning “I worry that he might tell someone about you and our baby would be taken from me, that is the only reason” he said, trying to convince himself at the same time as convincing Amadeus.

"I see... So I won't talk to him" he said, and then finished his meal in silence. That little spark of hope had just dimmed in him. Ry wanted the baby after all, not him. It was an easy transaction.

And so another two weeks passed. Amadeus' belly was large, even very large. There were two weeks left until the birth of their child. Amadeus read a lot about pregnancy, cooked, rested and even started sewing clothes for the baby. He took care of rose rarely, but enough. As promised, he tried not to talk to Thomas

Ry sat reading another book silently. Their time together was coming to an end and he was extremely upset and anxious about them separating but he wouldn’t worry Amadeus with his thoughts, his thoughts should be purely on their child and making sure it was healthy and strong. He was glad that Amadeus hadn’t been speaking to Thomas but didn’t really know why he felt that way, perhaps his time on Earth had started giving him emotions similar to a human.

Amadeus, however, had to put the book down. The child began kicking him mercilessly in the ribs. The pain was unbearable. He felt it very strongly. He leaned his body against the sofa and tried to soothe the baby by massaging his stomach. "Mom's in pain... Stop it, baby"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by pregcap
03-29-2021, 06:48 PM