Closed My brothers best friend
The doctor motioned for him to sit and looked down at his notes “He got a lot of scratches from the broken glass and hit his head causing a brain bleed, we got that fixed up and he’s now in a medically induced coma for the next 48 hours just to get the swelling of his brain down. He should be okay, I am not sure if you knew but he was pregnant, he has lost one of the twins and we think he may lose the other from the trauma in the next couple of days. If he’s lucky and that does not happen he must have a c-section instead of having the baby naturally as he may bleed a lot and obviously in the c-section we can avoid losing him with blood on standby” he said softly
"H-He was pregnant?" Steve asks in disbelief, devastated to have lost one of the twins already "Do whatever you need to do to save him and the remaining baby" He says "H-How far along is he?"
I don't do sexual content, it makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am asexual.
The doctor smiled kindly at him “He should be fine, I wouldn’t worry about him too much. He wasn’t that far along, by our estimations about ten or so weeks, was he having symptoms you weren’t thinking about at the time?” He asked gently
"N-No, none that I've noticed. He's been kind of moody lately but I didn't think it had anything to do with him being pregnant... I shouldn't have let him leave the house, how could I not have noticed that he was pregnant?" Steve tells him.
The doctor reached over and touched his leg gently “Plenty of people don’t notice the signs, it’s especially hard in men because they don’t have as visual signs as women, no periods and no tenderness in the chest, it’s really only mood swings and knowing that you’ve had unprotected sex” he said softly “Don’t beat yourself up about it, this could happen to anyone and he will be fine in a couple of days, just left with some scratches” he said gently
"Thank you for taking care of him, I don't know what I would do without him" Steve thanks him "Do you think the baby will make it out as well as he will?"
The doctor sighed a little “The baby, I’m not sure about. Honestly, the chances are slim but there is always hope” he smiled gently before putting the clipboard down “If you have any questions feel free to ask the nurses and if they can’t answer they’ll contact me” he said smiling gently
"I-I will, thank you" Steve forces an anxious smile as he gently holds Kyle's hand.
A couple of days later Kyle whimpered quietly starting to blink slowly wincing at the bright lights in the room, he went to sit up slowly but his head was pounding.
"Kyle? I'm here, baby. Don't try to move too much" Steve gasps, quickly jumping up to tend to his boyfriend by pressing a button on the side railing of the bed to raise the top half so he could sit up.
Kyle blinked slowly and put a hand to his head blocking out the light as he looked at Steve and then around “What happened? Why am I in a hospital?” He asked before a couple memories came flooding back, he looked over at Steve and felt some tears in his eyes “Why are you here?”
"You were in a car accident, the doctor said that you're going to be okay though" Steve says as he dims the lights and takes Kyle's hand "I couldn't leave you here alone..."
Kyle looked at him tearfully “You told me I wasn’t her father” he said hurt coming through “I had to go” he said shakily feeling tears in his eyes “I couldn’t stop crying, I-I don’t even know if I caused the accident, did anyone else get hurt?” He asked brokenly
"I-I didn't mean it, I was angry and it just slipped out, I wasn't thinking. I'm so sorry, this is all my fault" Steve says, starting to tear up himself, gently kissing Kyle's hand "Not seriously, the other driver got out of it only needing a few stitches" He explains "I-I have some good news and some bad news..."
Kyle looked at him confused “What news could be worse than I’m stuck in a hospital?” He laughed lightly trying to lighten the mood “And I have a massive headache”
"You were pregnant with twins, one of the babies survived but the other one..." Steve explains, trailing off when he finds himself unable to bring himself to say what happened to the other twin.
Kyle looked at him shocked “I…I was pregnant with twins?” He asked shakily before tears started to spill “One of them…one of them I killed?” He said feeling his chest tighten and it was hard to breathe
"Y-You didn't kill the baby, Kyle. We had no idea that you were even pregnant in the first place, it's not your fault" Steve says, trying to calm his boyfriend down so he didn't accidentally hurt himself.
Kyle looked at him tearfully “I should have known…I…I was sick a few times” he said shaking a little “I didn’t want you to worry so I didn’t say anything” he said crying “I should have figured it out and been safer” he said
"I should have noticed that you were sick, I'm so sorry that I didn't realize it..." Steve carefully hugs Kyle close.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C My dearest friend (w/ Littleittyboy) GothPop 395 20,476 12-02-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Littleittyboy