C The farmer’s child

Jace looked away not wanting to make eye contact biting his lip a little “Yeah, I mean, sometimes I couldn’t control it because of your hands but I learned over time” he said rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly “Let’s not talk about how I got aroused just from your fingers on me” he laughed awkwardly and sipped at the water they were given “Tell me about yourself, about your family, why you became a nurse?”

Liam was beet red and took a sip of his drink. "I don't have family really. I grew up on an orphanage and was never adopted. At eighteen I had to leave and had little money and well I just enjoyed the idea of. Wing of aid to others so I got into nurse school." he said softly "during my practices I found I really enjoyed helping fathers and babies and that's how I ended working at the clinic were we met"

Jace looked at him a little sadly “Wow, that’s a lot to deal with growing up, you seem to have a handle on it really well though, you weren’t disappointed you weren’t adopted?” He asked gently not intending to hurt Liam’s feelings, just curious. “How long have you been a nurse now? And how long with men birthing?” He asked smiling

"I was, I dreamed of it but it never happened. Perhaps that's why I ache to become a father and I do hope to adopt one day" he said softly and smiled gently "I've been a nurse for ten heasoand been working with men and babies for nine"

Jace smiled gently at him “I like that you think of adopting, that’s really sweet” he said softly “That you would like to help people in positions like you were” he smiled gently and thanked the waiter as he brought their food out. “That’s cool, so you have a ton of experience with men and babies, no wonder I feel comfortable with you” he smiled and winked before taking a bite of his burger

"you think so? Not many look into adoption until they're sure they can't have kids. I do wish children of my own but to adopt as well" he said and thanked the waiter as he brought their food.
His soup was steaming and smelled amazing. "I hope I could make any kind of patient comfortable. I just so my work with love and perhaps that translates to what you might feel" he said and smiled "what about you? I don't want to be the only one talking though I don't mind either. Feel free to ask away so you can see if you'd like a second date or no with me"

Jace smiled gently “Well, I want a big family and I’m not pushing them all out” he teased grinning brightly as he ate some of his chips happily.

He smiled gently over at him “I guarantee you make people feel comfortable, maybe you have that sort of aura, you know how sometimes people have different auras and it just calms you instantly, you have that I think” he grinned shrugging “Are you asking me what my no-no’s are?” He chuckled softly “I mean, I don’t think I have many. Probably drugs even cigarettes, not a fan…um, like human stuff? Don’t be mean? You’ve got to like animals? Im pretty basic, what about you, what would make you say no to a second date?”

Liam blushed unsure of what Jace meant with that he wasn't going to push them all out. Was he hoping a partner carried too? Or he meant adoption? Maybe both? He was sure they had talked before if how he wasn't able to carry. He simply hadn't a womb like some men.

"I don't smoke but do take a beer here and there" he noted as Jace listed what he wouldn't accept in a possible boyfriend. "for me? Oh well, I wouldn't date some one that has a hurtful addiction, that's not respectful or doesn't want kids. I think I'm sure you want kids so that's a check on my list" he said with a cocky grin "if someone was abusive or controlling or a cheater" he shrugged his shoulders for he could come up with many things he wouldn't accept in a relationship.

"But I was also asking about your own family. I think I never asked you if they were suoooriive to you for doing IVF?" he asked.

Jace laughed “Well although beer could be described as a drug as long as you aren’t drinking constantly I think I can make an exception” he winked playfully “Yeah, as I said, a decent human being” he laughed gently and reached out touching the other mans cheek gently “I would never physically hurt you or emotionally, at least not on purpose, but I give you permission to slap me back into line if I do say or do something wrong” he teased pulling his hand back.

Jace snorted a little and smiled gently “My family hasn’t supported any ‘decisions’ I’ve made for a very very long time” he said looking down at his food “Since I told them I liked men at 16” he smirked a little “I was lucky, I got work on a farm and they treated me like family and when they passed away they gave the farm to me” he said shrugging “I don’t need my family” he said quietly

Liam smiled as Jace stroke his cheek "I'm sorry you had to go through that. Some people are still holding to unjust and old fashioned views of life. I'm glad you could get out of there and be happy with who you are" he said and realized neither of them had family. Though Jace now had a child of his own and therefore had a family of his own.

Jace smiled gently at him “It’s okay, it hurts sometimes but I’m mostly over it” he shrugged and touched his stomach gently “My baby is all the love I need anyway” he said smiling brightly before looking at Liam “I mean, if I had you that would just be extra” he said and winked over at him.

He finished his meal, or at least all that he could fit in and pushed the plate away “That was a really good meal” he smiled brightly “So, did I pass?” He asked an eyebrow raised “Do we get another date?” He bit his lip a little

Liam gave a shy smile "you pass. I would indeed like to see you again for a second date" he said. He had finished his meal. He was a tall big lad and did needed a lot of fuel to keep himself going.

Jace grinned brightly and stood up happily holding his hand out for the other man before pulling him up, although Liam was taller than Jace, Jace had quite a bit of muscle from the farm and could easily pull him up. He smiled brightly up at the man before leaning up to kiss him, he had to stand on his tippy toes to reach him but he really didn’t mind.

Liam blushed as he leaned into the kiss he had dreamt of giving the farmer so many times before.

He was grinning as they separated and made sure to exchange personal numbers so they could go on a second date. Liam left that pub feeling really excited and giddy about the prospects of something new starting.

Several months later Jace was about 25 weeks pregnant and heading into the clinic with Liam, it was his boyfriends day off and he had offered to come in with Jace knowing he was nervous as always and having someone who perhaps knew the medical dialogue better than him, like how the baby was growing, if it was normal in that regard.

Jace laid his head on his boyfriend’s shoulder in the waiting room yawning a little, the baby had started to move a lot and he had started to lose sleep over it, he knew that was part of parenthood but hadn’t realised quite how early it would start. He had just started to fall asleep when his name was called.

It was strange for Liam to be for once in the other side of things, and waiting with the other pregnant men by his boyfriends side "mention to the doctor you've been really tired lately" he whispered as he had noted Jace seemed to be really tired always lately and that worried him.
He stood with Jace and took his hand as they walked to the examination room.

Jace smiled gently squeezing his hand gently “Okay” he said softly. He followed the young nurse into the room and grabbed the hospital gown he knew would be waiting for him and went to the bathroom to change. He came back out rubbing his rounded stomach before sitting and then laying on the hospital bed pulling up the sheet while waiting for the doctor to arrive. He looked at his boyfriend nervously “Do you think something is wrong to say I’m so tired?” He asked concerned

"it can be a sign that something needs to be addressed. I'm sure the doctor will find it and tell us how to make it better. I didn't meant to make you overly concerned" he said as he held his hand and the doctor entered, shaking hands with both of them.

Jace smiled nervously at Liam, worried more now. He shook the doctors hand and exposed his stomach just like he was used to. He gasped at the cool gel, even though he really should have been used to it by now. The doctor moved the wand around his stomach before drowning a little and pushed it a bit harder into Jace’s stomach, he looked over at Liam worriedly.

Liam kissed his boyfriends knuckles as the doctor ran a silent sonogram. Liam noticed what was happen kng but remained calm and quiet in case he was wrong. The doctor whispered to Liam.

"I need the neo-cardiologist to take a look. Can you prep him for anal sonogram? And break the news? I believe he will take them better from you" the doctor said leaving the two alone.

Liam saddened but nodded. "Darling there are some news" he said knowing he had to be straight forward and not give too much apologetic words "the baby has a whole on his heart, this happens sometimes, but the doctor seeing you now is not a cardiologist. A neo cardiologist will come and check the baby to determine his state and for that he will do an anal sonogram. That means a wand with a camera goes through the rectum and up to the womb to take a clear picture of the child. I know it's scary, but we can only do more tests to give you and the baby the best care possible "