My New Silicone Belly: An Honest Review
Hi all,

So recently I had a spark of pregnancy-related inspiration (I call it going baby-crazy) and ordered this silicone pregnant belly off Amazon. It just arrived today and I got the opportunity to try it out, and if you'll permit me, I'd like to share with y'all my thoughts about this belly. (Bear in mind I'm wearing it as I sit here typing this review.)

You can immediately see that this belly isn't all that expensive, but sure isn't cheap either, going at 169 USD (may change depending on your country). It's 4 kg (about 8.8 lbs) and attaches around your waist with large velcro straps, and over your shoulders with two plastic straps. Bear in mind if you buy it you're buying on discount from Hong Kong, which you should be immediately wary of.

The silicone is good quality, but that's really about the only thing that's good quality about it. The shoulder straps are ridiculously thin (one of them broke within thirty minutes of usage) and offer no real support. The velcro straps are enough to keep the belly up, but they dig into your back after thirty minutes or so. I happened to have some spare maternity camis lying around (because of course I do) and if you wear one under the belly it relieves the velcro strap problem pretty well. The straps are hard to get on tightly (I'm a pretty skinny guy) unless you have someone around to help you with them. I don't.

The belly is advertised as being sized for "Twins" but that's clearly false. I mean, even the picture of the woman on the Amazon page will show you this belly clearly ain't twins. But I still wanted to look pregnant, so I bought it knowing it was going to be small, and when it arrived it still was smaller than I expected. Around my waist it's 36 inches, BUT I have several camis and old plastic bags lying around which I stuffed underneath the belly to give myself a couple extra inches. As you can see in the pictures below, I'm just under 39 inches in circumference around my middle. (I was expecting at least forty).

The belly weighs like I said, about 9 pounds, which when I calculated it is about the same total weight of a singleton pregnant belly at 30 weeks. Same weight as a twin mother's belly at about 20 weeks. And I think that's a good metric because that's how pregnant this belly makes me look. And I really do feel it. As I was walking with the belly I noticed I had a slight bit of a waddle going, and it was even slightly more difficult to bend down. No real kicking feeling but it definitely feels firm to the touch when you wear it correctly.

Overall, I think I'd give it a three-stars out of five. It does what it's supposed to (makes me look relatively pregnant) but little more than that. It's hard to wear, and the straps it comes with are cheap pieces of shit that will break even before you're done with the first use. But for all the bad things I'd say about it, I haven't taken it off since I started wearing it this afternoon. And I can't seem to keep my hands off my new "baby bump" for the life of me. With the skin texture and the weight it almost feels like the real thing, and I'm probably going to keep using it until it breaks (I'm sure at some tiny, tiny provocation.)

tl;dr, I like it, though I do feel I overpaid a bit. It's not the best belly money can buy (see Moonbump) but for my budget I think it'll do just fine.

I'm willing to do a bit more modeling for people who really aren't sure if they want to buy this belly so if there's a photo of me you'd like to see that would help you make a purchasing decision just reply below.

Thanks,
           ImEx

The Pregnant Man of Essex County

Messages In This Thread
My New Silicone Belly: An Honest Review - by ImpendingExplosion - 04-03-2017, 11:31 PM
RE: My New Silicone Belly: An Honest Review - by Gravid Lutra - 04-04-2017, 11:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any belly bloat experts? Dadmom 2 2,695 12-25-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Belly Button
  First silicone belly inbound!! joshlg_uk 6 1,229 04-08-2023, 03:02 PM
  Stuffing to simulate/People touching your belly? MacenA 7 1,927 10-19-2022, 01:13 AM
Last Post: MacenA
  Low hanging belly..... agoramilio1 0 746 10-13-2022, 12:39 AM
Last Post: agoramilio1
  Anyone find a way to simulate your belly expanding? Or simulating fetal movement? Joan34 4 3,939 01-12-2022, 08:39 PM
Last Post: BUDDY
Question I think this belongs here (bloating/stuffing for belly/bump) BumpLover 2 2,353 01-04-2022, 07:11 PM
  Used Ivita Silicone Belly zacklovesmpreg2 4 2,258 11-24-2021, 04:14 AM
Last Post: zacklovesmpreg2
Lightbulb Integrated Multi-Sensory Mpreg Simulation: Silicone Belly, TENS, Vibrating Butt Plug johnqsocial 14 18,669 09-21-2021, 05:20 PM
Last Post: johnqsocial
  Traveling with a silicone belly pregboy28 7 2,317 04-14-2021, 07:17 PM
Last Post: pregnant_soldier
  Silicone pregnant belly wearers zacklovesmpreg2 2 1,695 02-19-2021, 05:23 PM
Last Post: zacklovesmpreg2