Male midwives and doulas
Out of pure curiosity, since there are so many men on here interested in pregnancy and also wishing they could empathize more exactly, has anyone here ever thought of making a career or side career out of that?

Obstetricians are more often male than female, but a midwife is usually much more personal and emotionally intimate with the mother, and of course it's seen as a woman's role (also, your midwife isn't just not going to be on call when you go into labor like an OB might)

I have heard of maybe one male doula existing out there in the world, but it's basically non-existent.

(If you don't know, a doula is a childbirth support person who is there for physical and emotional encouragement and help, but is strictly non-medical. My aunt has been a doula for many years and I studied to be one. I could explain the details of the actual role in the birth and the reason doulas exist later if you want.)

It would probably be extremely hard to find clients and possibly even pointless to try lol, but I thought if there was any man interested in doing that, they'd probably be on this site LOL

As bad as I am, I am proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem

Messages In This Thread
Male midwives and doulas - by Goddess - 12-31-2012, 08:42 AM
RE: Male midwives and doulas - by BigPregBelly - 01-07-2013, 01:31 AM
RE: Male midwives and doulas - by Kelekona - 03-15-2013, 05:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something to Consider Regarding Mpreg VS. Male Pregnancy- Dkid23 0 4,294 06-20-2015, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Dkid23
  Canada's first male doula! Goddess 1 2,044 08-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Kilix