Embarrassing moment(s)?
There's some good tales here - thanks for sharing them. 

- My father is now starting to get to the age where he's saying things out in public (whilst I'm with him, at least...) which makes me want to sink into the ground! Nothing nasty, just things you'd probably also think yourself, but not actually come out with and say. That 'filter' seems to be wearing away with age...!
- I've been caught at work before now looking at an internet forum (fortunately, nothing fetish related) but still embarrassing. I'd literally only looked at it for a minute to take my eyes off a screen I'd basically been looking at for about two hours straight... 
- On a similar subject, I've almost been caught looking at this very forum at home on several occasions, having once even had to come up with an excuse as to why I closed down my laptop screen quickly - saying it had crashed on me. 
- Many years ago back when I was around 9 or 10 years old, I remember being on a long distance road trip and I was dozing in the back of my car with my brother. I used to carry a scrapbook with me and make doodles. Just as I was coming round, I overheard my brother mentioning to the parents he was looking at pictures (which I'd drawn) of what looked like 'big bellies' on people. Yes...he was looking through it, obviously taking it from between my legs in the footwell. I pretended to still be asleep and my eyes remained closed. I remember my mother saying "you must be mistaken" or words to that effect and nothing else was said. The scrapbook was put back on the floor... I 'pretended' to wake up about three minutes after that, with my heart in my throat. He wasn't mistaken - he was absolutely correct. 

I can relate to never meeting your heros. I won't mention names but back in 2003 I once met someone quite famous from a TV show (he was also a professional in his field prior to that). He always comes across as being quite jolly. Well, at this particular event I went to I met him amongst a few other people. I praised his work e.t.c and he was signing autographs. Did he look at me? No. Did he even communicate anything in return? No. He looked positively miserable as if he didn't want to be there or be disturbed. I was quite taken aback by that and for many years after, questioned if how he comes across on TV is just a persona or not. Nevertheless, my opinion of him very much dropped significantly from that day. Fast forward around 13/14 years and a near-identical event is being held at the same venue. I'm again in attendance and low and behold - so is this famous TV person. I didn't know that until I physically saw him there, may I add... Anyway, this time I didn't approach him but got to within about 10ft of him whilst looking at an adjacent stall. I was interested to see how he was with others, so I was inadvertently watching/listening to him. He was exactly the same - dour, miserable, uncommunicative and only wanting to really talk to the people 'behind' him helping him out. Needless to say, it only galvanised my viewpoint and I've refused to see anything he's been involved with since. Thankfully, he seems to be slowly disappearing from this particular scene anyway... 

Messages In This Thread
Embarrassing moment(s)? - by mk_ka2760 - 08-20-2012, 08:21 AM
RE: Embarrassing moment(s)? - by Goddess - 08-20-2012, 07:37 PM
RE: Embarrassing moment(s)? - by Craddenali - 10-05-2012, 11:43 PM
RE: Embarrassing moment(s)? - by Goddess - 10-08-2012, 10:15 PM
RE: Embarrassing moment(s)? - by Craddenali - 10-08-2012, 11:12 PM
RE: Embarrassing moment(s)? - by Craddenali - 10-15-2012, 08:01 AM
RE: Embarrassing moment(s)? - by Craddenali - 10-15-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Embarrassing moment(s)? - by Craddenali - 10-15-2012, 11:42 PM
RE: Embarrassing moment(s)? - by Craddenali - 10-21-2012, 01:35 AM
RE: Embarrassing moment(s)? - by Craddenali - 10-21-2012, 02:29 AM
RE: Embarrassing moment(s)? - by Belly Button - 06-05-2022, 03:24 PM