C My brothers best friend

Owen smiled gently and gasped at the cool gel, he didn’t think he would ever get used to that. He bit his lip lightly looking at the screen “Are they good?”

"They're great, growing nice and strong like they should be at this stage. One of them is a little bit bigger than the other, but that's totally normal" Shawn says, turning the screen to show Owen.

I don't do sexual content, it makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am asexual.

Owen looked at the screen and blinked back tears quickly “Sorry, the hormones are setting me off at everything at the moment” he laughed wiping his eyes. He bit his lip “Can you see what genders they are?” He asked curiously

Shawn passes Owen a tissue "It's okay, that's normal" He smiles at the other man "I should be able to, would you like me to check?"

Owen laughed wiping his eyes “Nick doesn’t think so, he thinks I have to cry more than any pregnant woman ever” he smiled a little “Yeah, well you wanted to know right? I might as well find out now” he smiled gently

"Well now you can tell him that your doctor says that it is normal and he can stop complaining about it" Shawn laughs bitterly, he really didn't like Nick or the way he seems to treat Owen "Are you sure you want to know now? I can just write it down so you and Nick can find out together"

Owen laughed lightly “Okay, I’ll let him know” he grinned “No, I want to find out with you, they’re your babies” he said nodding excitedly and bit his lip nervously looking at the screen

"Alright, if you're sure" Shawn smiles and moves the transducer around a bit until he finds what he's looking for and gasps with tears in his eyes "The bigger one is a girl and the little one is a boy"

Owen bit his lip lightly feeling tears rolling down his face quickly “A boy and a girl?” He said happily unable to stop crying “We’re having a boy and a girl?” He said sniffling lightly

Shawn nods and wipes away his own tears "A boy and a girl"

Owen smiled brightly “Nick wanted two boys but I’ve always wanted a little girl, I’m so happy” he laughed lightly tears still not stopping as he took the towel and wiped the gel off his stomach “Do you have more patients to see or do you have time to come and have lunch with me?” He asked chewing on his lip

"I'm free for the rest of the day, you were my last patient" Shawn smiles and helps Owen stand up "I'd love to have lunch with you"

Owen smiled brightly “Do you know any places near here that are good?” He said happily as he wiped the gel off and fixed his shirt

"Yeah, there's a good diner about a block away from here. I usually stop by there during my lunch break"

Owen smiled brightly and nodded “Okay, let’s go then!” He said happily before walking out and waiting for Shawn to lead him there

Shawn follows Owen out of the hospital and leads the other man to his favorite diner.

Owen looked around happily and walked into the diner “Wow, this place is gorgeous!” He said smiling brightly before sitting down in a booth with Shawn. He grabbed the menu chewing on his lip as he looked through it happily. His stomach pressed a little against the table

"I know, right? And the food is amazing" Shawn grins and sits down across from Owen.

Owen laughed “Well it’s only fair you return the favour, I showed you the bar, you show me this place” he grinned and smiled as the waitress came over “Hi! Can I please have the spaghetti bolognese but can you please make sure that there’s absolutely no cross contamination with shellfish as I’m highly allergic. And also a chocolate milkshake please” he smiled brightly

"I'll have the same, that sounds good" Shawn smiles.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post