C My brothers best friend

Owen smiled gently “There’s no way I told him I ‘didn’t like’ seafood, I tell every restaurant that sells seafood that I’m allergic to avoid cross contamination” he sighed softly “Anyway, before I got so rudely interrupted by an anaphylactic reaction, you were confirming you meant what you said?” He said biting his lip hopefully

Shawn blushes and nods "I-I didn't think you'd remember that...but I meant every word"

I don't do sexual content, it makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am asexual.

Owen smiled and sighed “I gave him his ring back and broke it off. I don’t want to be with him, I never really realised how tired he made me until I ended up in hospital because of him, he would ignore me for hours or days if we got into an argument, he didn’t really talk to me about feelings or what I wanted in life or in general. I want someone to laugh with, who gets my humour, who makes me smile more than he makes me sad. Someone who lights up when he sees me which is the most amazing feeling in the world. I want someone to share pasta and milkshakes with and talk for hours about nothing and everything. Someone who is excited by a gift as simple as a scarf because they notice that I notice small things like that. I want you” he said softly

"...are you serious? You love me too?" Shawn replies, left nearly speechless by everything Owen just told him "I want you too, you and our perfect little babies" He grins with tears in his eyes.

Owen smiled brightly tears welling in his eyes “Of course I love you” he said happily “And I really want to kiss you but I’m stuck in the bed so any chance you want to come over here?” He laughed lightly

Shawn laughs and goes over to the bed, leaning down to kiss Owen.

Owen wrapped his arms around him carefully as he had an iv in his arm and kissed him back happily pulling back and leaning their heads together happily “This has been one insane day” he laughed lightly

"Mostly for you, today was rough on you. I'm surprised that you're not still asleep right now after everything you've been through today" Shawn laughs and kisses Owen's forehead.

Owen rolled his eyes “I mean you were my doctor and birth partner for a fair amount of time, then you dealt with an anaphylactic shock and looked after two babies while doing it, and you ended up with a boyfriend” he said blushing a little at the word “So, you’ve had a pretty full day too”

(I was thinking for Shawn maybe he decides to have a home birth because he knows what to do/if there’s something wrong and he wants to see what his patients sort of go through? And, do you like these in the between moments? I just want to check that you’re not just going along with them, haha, I know some people pretty much prefer all birthing no story)

(I like that idea! It makes sense for Shawn since he knows what he's doing lol. I like the in between moments, they flesh out the story and give a calmer moment to let things sink in)

"That's true, but I didn't end up in the hospital after delivering twins" Shawn chuckles and kisses Owen again "I'd do it all over again if it means that I get to be with you, well minus the anaphylaxis" He grins.

Owen laughed softly “I’d even do the anaphylaxis again” he said happily “With you there to save me it turned out all right anyway” he said happily

Shawn laughs softly "I'm glad that you and the twins turned out okay in the end"

Owen smiled and nodded “Can you imagine what would have happened if you had arrived any later” he said chewing his lip a little

(Do you want to skip until Shawn gets pregnant?)

(Sure)

"I don't want to think about that..." Shawn sighs sadly.

*skip two years*
Owen grabbed his wallet and phone putting them in his pocket “Babe, you ready to go? It’s time for dinner by ourselves for the first time in months” he laughed lightly

"I'm coming, I'm coming" Shawn chuckles as he leaves the bathroom and walks over to Owen.

Owen grinned and leaned up kissing him softly “Love you” he said happily taking his boyfriends hand heading out the door “The twins are going to stay at my mum’s for the night so we have all night to ourselves” he said winking playfully as they walked down the street to the restaurant they first met at

"Love you too" Shawn smiles and follows his boyfriend out the door, walking hand in hand to the restaurant.

Owen smiled brightly at the hostess who sat them down in a booth near the corner giving them menus “What are you feeling like tonight?” He asked looking through the menu himself

"How about spaghetti?" Shawn grins brightly and takes Owen's hand.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post