Closed My brothers best friend
Owen chewed his lip “You don’t think they would like to know how successful you are? That you have two kids on the way?” He said softly and rubbed the back of his hand gently trying to be comforting
"Probably not" Shawn says softly "They're not good people, I'm glad that I was able to get away from them"
I don't do sexual content, it makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am asexual.
Owen smiled sadly “It’s okay, for Christmas we can go up to my mums, she’ll adopt you” he grinned brightly rubbing his stomach lightly
"That sounds great" Shawn laughs "Are you sure Nick wouldn't be jealous about that?"
Owen rolled his eyes “It’s fine, you’re the babies dad, he’ll just have to deal with it. He’s ignoring me at the moment anyway” he said rolling his eyes a little taking a bit of his food
"Really? What for this time?" Shawn asks.
Owen shrugged “Who knows, probably something to do with some way I want to dress the babies. I mean when I told him I didn’t want to move he ignored me for 9 days” he said softly sighing gently before shrugging “It’s fine”
"That's...that's not good...he shouldn't be treating you like that, especially when you're pregnant" Shawn huffs, anger boiling at the back of his mind "You don't deserve to be treated like that"
Owen smiled gently “I’m fine, it’s just part of our relationship” he said smiling gently and yawned lightly “I’m so sorry” he said covering his mouth “I don’t sleep much with the acrobats” he laughed lightly “They like to tire me out”
"You don't have to apologize, carrying one baby is tiring let alone two" Shawn chuckles.
Owen rose an eyebrow at him “And how would you know?” He teased playfully “Maybe next time you should be the one getting impregnated” he said before blushing brightly “I didn’t mean it like that…” he said laughing awkwardly
"Most of my patients are pregnant people, you doofus" Shawn laughs then blushes bright red at Owen's comment "O-Oh...right..."
Owen bit his lip lightly looking away awkwardly before clearing his throat “I just…I meant in the future…with a partner of your own you know?” He said embarrassed “Anyway…I should get going” he said standing up and grabbing money out awkwardly putting enough down on the table to cover the whole bill. “Happy birthday, I’ll see you later, okay?” He smiled gently, his cheeks still red as he raced to leave
"I-I know..." Shawn nods, not quite able to make eye contact with Owen "Thanks, see ya later" He smiles awkwardly.
Owen quickly left embarrassed. Another month later Owen was at home reading a book, Nick and him had had a bit of an argument and Nick was ignoring his messages. He knew Shawn was in a surgery today for at least 6 hours. He started getting back pain which quickly developed into cramping and he knew it was probably time. He tried to ring both of them several times with no response but left them both voicemails, but as the contractions weren’t close he wasn’t too worried. Six hours later he laid in his bed breathing heavily, sweat starting to drip down his face and he shook a little in pain.
Shawn leaves the operating room with a few of his co-workers, smiling and laughing after another successful surgery and a healthy patient. He stretches his arms over his head and cracks a stiff spot in his back before going to collect his things from the break room so he could finally head home after being on his feet all day, he picks up his cellphone to check for any messages or missed calls.
Owen held onto his stomach tightly, contractions were coming every five to ten minutes and lasting 30 seconds to a minute, he wasn’t quite sure though giving up on timing them a while ago. The voicemails he has left had simply said he was fairly sure that labour had started and to come to the apartment as soon as either one of them could.
Shawn's eyes go wide with panic when he hears Owen's voicemail message and he quickly throws on his jacket and scarf before driving to Owen and Nick's home "Owen?! It's me, Shawn! Are you still here?" He calls out as he enters the home.
Owen cries out in relief hearing Shawns voice. “Yeah! I’m in the bedroom!” He yelled out sitting up slightly as he wasn’t currently having a contraction, he breathed heavily holding onto his stomach and wiped the sweat from his forehead
Shawn rushes into the bedroom to Owen's side "I'm so sorry for not coming sooner, I-I just finished a surgery. How long have you been in pain?" He asks, taking the other man's hand to comfort him "Where is Nick? Why are you here alone?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C My dearest friend (w/ Littleittyboy) GothPop 395 20,478 12-02-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Littleittyboy