C My brothers best friend

Molly settled down like her brother falling to sleep quickly. Owen stirred slightly slowly waking up and rubbing his eyes smiling at Shawn holding both their babies so gently “Would you like me to take one?” He asked softly, his voice a bit raspy after crying and yelling for the past several hours

"It's okay, I've got them" Shawn smiles at Owen "You need your rest after everything that happened today. Nick should be back soon, he left to get you something to eat"

I don't do sexual content, it makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am asexual.

Owen smiled softly and shook his head “I’m okay, the nap helped” he said sitting up slowly still sore from birthing “I’m sorry for anything and everything I said during childbirth to you” he smiled softly and rubbed his face feeling the ring for the first time and looked at it “Um…when did this happen?” He said confused

"It's okay, I've had patients tell me worse than you did" Shawn chuckles "Oh, Nick proposed before you went to sleep and you accepted...do you not remember that?"

Owen laughed lightly and rubbed his neck awkwardly “Well, I’m glad I didn’t ruin your sensibilities” he teased and then sighed looking at the ring “I don’t remember, I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep” he said biting his lip “Very romantic of him…”

"...would you have said yes if you were more aware of what he was asking?" Shawn asks softly.

Owen looked up at Shawn biting his lip a little “I…I’m not sure” he said softly, his heart beating rapidly at the way Shawn was looking at him “When I was in labour…you said something…did you…did you mean it?” He asked quietly before he heard the door open and froze a little as he heard Nick call out he was back and went to the kitchen to get utensils for his food

Shawn blushes bright red and slowly nods, not wanting to risk Nick hearing if he replied out loud.

Owen smiled a little shyly at him before looking back over at Nick as he brought in something in a bowl. He took the spoon offered to him “Thank you” he said taking the bowl, not realising how hungry he was, his stomach grumbled loudly and he took a few mouthfuls in quick succession before pausing “What is this?” He asked freezing a little. “Seafood soup” Nick said smiling “It’s delicious right? I know we don’t have seafood because you don’t like it but I thought it would be nice to try”. Owen started to panic putting it aside quickly as he felt his tongue and throat start to swell up reaching over desperately looking through his bedside drawer trying to find his epipen

"Owen is allergic to seafood! Didn't he tell you that?!" Shawn snaps at Nick as he helps Owen look for his epipen, finding it at the bottom of the drawer and using it on Owen. He takes out his phone to call an ambulance so Owen could get proper medical care "It's okay, you'll be alright. Just focus on trying to breathe, okay? Keeping your airways open is the most important thing right now"

Owen looked at Shawn terrified nodding as he tried to breathe as evenly as he could, his body shaking from the adrenaline. Nick went to his side and took his hand rubbing the back of it gently “Im sorry baby, I must have forgotten” he said pushing Owen’s hair back gently from his face

"Sorry for snapping at you, I was freaking out..." Shawn apologizes to Nick. The twins had been startled awake during the panic and had started crying.

Nick nodded “It’s fine, it’s my fault” he shrugged a little and went and picked up Sam gently rocking him lightly as the paramedics arrived and took Owen to the hospital. A few hours later Owen woke up slowly in the hospital bed, blinking tiredly looking around.

Shawn is sleeping in a chair nearby, the twins were asleep in a small hospital crib next to the bed.

Owen sat up slowly whimpering slightly smiling over at his babies and Shawn before turning to Nick sighing a little. They had a conversation and Owen gave the ring back before he left. He turned the tv on to distract him while he waited for Shawn to wake up

The sound of the TV causes Shawn to stir a bit until he wakes up "Hey...how are you feeling?" He asks softly when he sees that Owen was awake.

Owen smiled gently over at him “I’m okay” he said hoarsely, his throat still a little sore and swollen. “Thank you for staying with me, you could have taken the twins and brought them to your apartment while I was here” he said softly

"I had them get checked out since we were here, and I didn't want you to be alone when you woke up. I'm just glad that you're okay" Shawn smiles at Owen.

Owen smiled softly back at him “And they’re all good and healthy?” He asked reaching out gently touching the blankets they were wrapped in gently “I can’t believe he fed me seafood…” he said quietly “And that I didn’t even smell it before eating it”

"They're perfectly fine, you are too" Shawn smiles down at the twins "Did he know about your allergy? It was probably just a dumb mistake. You seemed starving, you were just too hungry to notice" He says to Owen "I couldn't smell that it was seafood either, otherwise I would have stopped you"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post