C My brothers best friend

Owen took them gently “Well…you were meant to be my ride home…so yes” he said “Thanks for this” he said before going to close the door on him

"Wait" Shawn puts his foot in the door to stop it from closing "I didn't force you to leave, I told you that I had one last patient to see before I was ready to go"

I don't do sexual content, it makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am asexual.

Owen sighed “I waited for almost an hour, I’m 7 months pregnant Shawn, you know how that feels, I just wanted to get home and put my feet up to try and reduce the swelling. Please remove your foot from my door”

"You could have called a cab or at least have told me that you were leaving! I cut my last few appointments short so I had time to drive you home, only to find out that you already left!" Shawn replies.

Owen sighed “I told the receptionist and I can’t afford to waste money on a cab fare, I have four kids including this one and I’m seven months pregnant with one income, I don’t have extra money right now for a cab when I can walk” he said softly before sighing sadly “I can’t do this anymore” he said looking up at Shawn “I’m done…” he said and removed a chain from around his neck, his wedding ring on it as his fingers had swollen up in the third month of pregnancy. He placed it in Shawn’s hand gently as tears began to fall down his cheeks “This separation for me was always meant to be just a month to steady myself and come back to you but you don’t want that, and that’s fine. I’m happy you’re happy with another man because all I ever wanted was for you to be happy but it’s exhausting acting that way because I’m miserable. We were together for ten years, and we seperate for a month and you have a new boyfriend, do you know how horribly replaceable I feel, you were glad to be rid of me” he cried softly and wiped his face messily “Do you understand what it’s like to be pregnant and have to try and hold back all the emotions I’m feeling to pretend I’m happy you’re with another man? The worst part is Harry is a decent guy so I want to hate him but I can’t. Did you know the kids have started to call me Papa Jace instead of just Papa? Because now they call Harry, Papa Harry? Do you know what it’s like when even your kids replace you?” He sobbed a little “I can’t do this anymore, I can’t. I don’t want to see you, I don’t want to be near you, I don’t want you in the room when I give birth because I’m going to end up saying things I can’t come back from, please just leave me alone, do whatever you want with the ring I don’t want it anymore” he sobbed softly trying to close the door on him.

"Please don't do this...I never stopped being in love with you. I started dating Harry to try and move on from you but I can't do it! Harry left me because he could tell that I still love you and he didn't want to get between us, he's been telling the kids not to call him that because he didn't want to take your place. I have been completely miserable since we split up! I only agree to the separation because I thought you would be happier without me! All I wanted was for you to be happy because you deserve to be!" Shawn says, starting to cry himself as he tightly clutches Owen's ring in his hand "Please don't shut me out...I can't go on without you in my life, even if we don't get back together romantically..."

Owen looked up at him his heart beating quickly as the tears ran down his face “Why didn’t you say anything?” He asked wiping his eyes “I didn’t say anything because you were in a relationship with another man, I thought you were happy. Why didn’t you tell me that before?” He asked sniffling a little pulling open the door a bit so he could come in

"I thought you were happier without me, I didn't want to guilt you into taking me back when you didn't really want to..." Shawn sighs and steps into the house.

Owen went to the kitchen to grab some water. “Did I look happier to you? Did I look happy when I went to your apartment and found you on a date? What about when you brought Harry to Jay’s birthday party? Did I look happy then?” He asked sighing and shaking his head “You’re ridiculous”

Shawn sighs and sits down on the couch.

Owen went and sat across from him on the couch “I love you, so so much. But this needs to stop, you need to communicate with me what you want, you close off thinking I don’t know…I’ll yell at you or something. I’m not your parents, I’m your husband, your opinion matters to me, I’ll never point blank shut it down, you should know that by now” he said reaching across taking his hand gently

Shawn squeezes Owen's hand "Alright... I promise to try and be more open with you, it's difficult after having to stay quiet about how I felt growing up"

Owen sighed “Shawn, we’ve been together ten years…have I ever told you your opinion doesn’t matter or is wrong?” He asked softly “Have I ever invalidated you?” He rubbed the back of his hand gently “I married you for a reason, I proposed to you for a reason” he said shaking his head “I love you, my mum loves you, the twins and Jay love you, I just want you to be yourself with me”

"Your mom loves everyone" Shawn chuckles softly, rubbing the tears out of his eyes "I promise I will be from now on" He smiles a bit.

Owen rolled his eyes and shook his head laughing “Believe me, my mum does not love everyone” he teased playfully and moved to sit next to him laying his head on his shoulder gently “I missed you” he said softly taking his hand rubbing the back of it gently

"I missed you too...so much" Shawn hugs Owen close, placing the ring on a chain back around his neck where it belonged.

Owen smiled holding the ring happily before leaning up and kissing him gently

Shawn kisses back and gently cups Owen's cheek in his hand.

Owen smiled against his lips feeling some tears fall down his cheeks happily. He pulled away breathlessly “If this is a dream I’m going to be pissed” he laughed

Shawn laughs as he pulls away to breathe "You and me both" He grins, gently wiping Owen's tears away.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post