Closed A Brave Butler (w/Bhdire8)
Orvin plopped into the chair when he was urged to do so, he pressed his lips together with his own look of greeting, he hated being forced into the Lord's life this way. If only he was smart and didn't deny what he was going through, this could have all been avoided, he wouldn't be pregnant and everything wouldn't still be so bad. The butler said nothing as the other man spoke until he felt that he was looking for pity,"I believe you deserve whatever happens to you... I hope you try and admit to your wife and friends that the way this was conceived wasn't of consent between us."He shifted himself slightly and pressed his lips together as he thought more on it as he continued. "This...because of you has taken a toll on my family, because of you I have to lie and hide to my own daughters and reveal to my wife that I..."He grit his teeth, he wanted to badly not to be civil towards this man, to spit in his face and tell him to go to hell. Yet, he was frequently reminded of the life inside of him, something that was half nobel,"How do you want it delivered to you? I have made a decision not to have my girls be subject to this, it's birth will be secret."
BeWaRe ThE pRiMe NuMbErS
"You think my wife and friends cared about how the child was conceived? They didnt care. All my wife could see is I am unfaithful. My friends see I have a bastard." He calmed after the otburst. "I understand your family must be strained upon this.... unfortunate development. And if that's any console, i didnt want this to happen as well. I was drunk." He bit his lips from further explaining, knowing Orvin probably wouldnt accept whatever defend. He felt pathetic for finding the need to explain. What was he aiming for here? Pity? Understanding? Even if he miraculously got that from somewhere, Orvin would probably be the last person to be extending that to him. "Back to our discussion. Since you have to hide it from your children, i am suggesting you to stay here from now on. You will be compensate handsomely, and I will be ensuring your wellbeing here. I do not want this to be forced, but I strongly recommend you to stay if you really plan on hiding this entirely from your daughters."
Orvin looked at Lord Conrad as he spoke, contradicting his entire thought process and leaving him in silence as he curled his hands into tight fists, looking away with a deep frown,"Blessed with a curse, I would say."He huffed as he turned away, not mentioning anything about what the other said in response for a long while until he nodded,"I already have my things packed outside."He crossed his arms, sitting back and trying not to think about his wife, the look on her face when he had told her the truth,"I'm going to simply tell you what I want."He met his eyes, licking his lips,"You're going to pay for my daughter's college educations and... and...'He wasn't sure what else he wanted besides that, his daughters were really the only thing he wanted to look after,"And you will tell my wife what happened. Her heart was broken when I told her..."
BeWaRe ThE pRiMe NuMbErS
Augustus didn't even hesitate as he nodded. "I would pay for that, not only for college, but also the living cost for your whole family and a handsome dowry when they get married. I will treat them like they are my nieces. I will also give your wife an explanation. Do you think she would come to visit or do you want me to go to your place?" He asked, wanting to at least save a family from crumbling when his own was failing disastrously. "You would be living in the largest guest room. Your belongings are all packed? I would ask them to move it. i would give words to the other servants your main duty now would be to take care of the lady so you would be relieved of all your other duties. Anything else you want?"
Orvin watched him and was almost shocked at the sound of those words, he teared up though looked away for a moment out of the doorway to the sitting room, he bit his knuckle and smiled softly as he shook his head. The butler pressed his lips together to contain himself, clearing his throat and shifting to face the Lord once more,"I think it would be more professional if she were to visit, she would want to know where I will be staying for almost an entire year."He nodded some, looking to Brian who stood in the corner of the room, the secondary butler who he had trained from such a young boy and he smiled at slightly in pride like his own son before looking away again. "Me? Take care of Lady Conrad?"He looked surprised and shook his head,"I couldn't, my Lord. I'm sure she wouldn't want me around."He sighed, when it seemed it was already made up,'No. Not at the moment. i will tell you if anything does come up."Orvin stood,"I'll show them my things."
BeWaRe ThE pRiMe NuMbErS
"I wouldn't trust her enough to let you serve her, no. What I meant was that would be the excuse. You and her.... you would be separated as far as possible." He knew the largest guestroom was just beside his own chamber, so if his wife decided to give Orvin any trouble, he would be there to stop her. He couldn't predict his wife's action now, and he intended to be protecting both by hiding Orvin. "This would be kept between us two and Brian there. I would conceal your bedroom forbidding the servants to approach.... if you don't mind. What's your thought on this?" He knew this would probably sounded like imprisoning Orvin so he added a little apologetically. Orvin was dragged into all these unwillingly and he thought he should show him some respect by asking for his opinion on the arrangement.
"Oh."Orvin looked at Augustus, he had no idea that she hated him that much, or was it the bastard she hated... He nodded simply and looked down slightly at his paunch, then to Brian again as he moved towards him with no reply. Until he shrugged simply, it seemed fine to him,"As long as I'm left alone."He replied simply, telling the secondary butler where his things were then turning again to face the Lord silently. "Is there anything else?"
BeWaRe ThE pRiMe NuMbErS
"I would let you settle. Just tell Brian whatever you need." The lord followed Orvin's gaze and looked down at the belly that was still not obvious under loose clothings. He opened his mouth as if wanting to say something but thought better of it and turned away. He would try to avoid Orvin as best as he could, he knew his butler didn't enjoy his company, in this room especially. He resumed his seat behind the desk for the paperwork wiating for him. "See yourselves out would you? And please close the door behind you." He said starting to look through a letter. Augustus hadn't decided on when he should approach his wife again, though it was certain he wouldn't be informing her of the arrangements with Orvin. She probably wouldn't notice their butler disappearing, as she had become a hermit these days in her own chamber.
The butler obeyed as he stepped out of the room finally, a breath escaping him as he did, patting Brian's shoulder gently with a subtle squeeze,"Thank you."He said simply, then turned to make his way down to where he had left his things to show the young man and help him. That was it for then, it took three more weeks for something concerning Orvin to happen and that was even considering the weekly checkups for the Lord's child inside of him. His wife had collected himself before venturing onto this side of town, he sent monthly checks with his letters, it was more pay than they had ever had. He was sure his wife appreciated it as he received letters back from his family, they made him smile and gave him hope for when this was all over. Things were going to be better than ever before, he could feel it. Though that feeling could also be the Lord's child shifting within him, he had been begun wondering more and more each day if his stomach was just being fitful or the fetus was restless.

Today, he came out of the guest room, fully dressed in wake of his wife's arrival, he had been given maternity suits to wear by the Lord and he had just put one on. It was strange, though he wanted to look presentable at least so he headed down to the ground floor finally after a moment of fussing with his new clothing.
BeWaRe ThE pRiMe NuMbErS
The butler's wife was a meager little woman. Aged by years of hardwork, picking up pettiwork herr and there to get some extra cash for their family, she looked out of place in the grand hall. She had on her the best dress, but felt exposrd without thr apron she always had on. She dare not sitdown on the embroidered chairs, afraid she might put dirt on the expensive looking..... everything. She fidgeted as she waitrd for her husband, looking up at the stairs every few seconds. Finally, the footsteps came and she broke.into a teary smile seeing Orvin. "Orvin! Are you ok?" She rushed forward to meet her hsuband at the base of the grand staircase. "I have missed you.... the girls too. They kept on asking me where have you been."
She was meager and yet he loved her with his very being, he lived for her,"Marie."He smiled brightly at her, opening his arms to embrace her, usually he would lift her up but with his belly he could barely get her flat against his chest. So he settled for this, kissing her head and then pulling away to look at her, rubbing his thumb against her pink cheek,"Of course I'm okay."He replied after a moment of them looking each other over, he then pushed her thin curls behind her ear,"I know, I've thought about you all every night and sent kisses across the country to you."He smiled again as he kissed her lips this time softly,"Tell them that I'm working on a present for them."He turned then to take her hand and lead her away over to the sitting room.
BeWaRe ThE pRiMe NuMbErS
Marie blushed slightly but revelled in her husband's indulgence. The bump was pressing into her making her slightly uneasy, but the touch of Orvin's arms around her made her forget about everything else. She followed him close, trying to hide herself behind his always steady steps. Everything was intimidating but she's glad she came. She missed him too much. "So.... is the master taking good care of you?" She asked worriedly. She had helped Orvin in treating his wounds, and knew how violent their lord could sometimes be. "Did he.... not beat you again?" She asked hesitantly. If her husband wasn't treated well, the woman was ready to sneak him out, no matter how lucrative the money seemed. She wouldn't allow for her husband to endure that for their wellbeing.

Augustus came in just in time to catch the question of Marie, and he frowned at how the woman pictured him to be some abusive monster. "Welcome Mrs Jakson. Please be seated. Thank you for coming. I am sorry to interrupt with your little reunion and I promise I would be leaving in a minute, I just wanted to extend my apology. For bringing you and your family negative impacts by my rash doings."
Orvin nodded simply, knowing that she knew almost everything about what goes on in this mansion since he tells her. These questions were the usual and he simply answered them as truthfully as he could and with as few words as possible. He rubbed her back as he lead to to sit down,"No. He hasn't lifted a finger in my direction since the doctor told him of my condition."He responded, glancing up at Lord Conrad when he came into view and sitting beside his wife carefully, sighing when he did. Opening his jacket to allow his mound more room when he sat, resting his hand on his wife's leg with a gentle squeeze. "Conrad... We appreciate that, as much as we can, but we don't appreciate it at this moment. I'd rather forget about what happened, I know how...apologetic you are and it will take us both a while to recover."He looked to to her and then the man again,"Especially with the situation as it is."
BeWaRe ThE pRiMe NuMbErS
The lord nodded. "I understand that. Sorry for interrupting. I would let you two have your moments." He left, saddened to see the couple so supportive of each other while his own wife... he sighed and shook his head at the mess. He still hadnt' come up with a method to change the lady's mind. His reputation was ruined, true, but that's hardly the most pressing matter as their social group was filled with news everyday. His wife's public declaration had soon left people's mind as fresher and juicier news appeared. The problem was how he could make the lady accept the stiuation, or, was his wife able to accept the situation at all.

Marie relaxed visibly as the lord went away, she was unused to strangers, and having the lord present was making her tensed. She was almost prepared to get hit by the lord. she looked at the lord disappeared at the door and turned to her husband, embracing him tight. "The lord's... scary. Does he ever smile?" She asked, still recovering from the shock of seeing the master of the house appearing.
Orvin tilted his head slightly when his wife asked him that, looking to Marie for a moment as his hand lifted to rub his thumb over her soft skin. "He's...strange, yes. I wouldn't call him scary."He added and kissed her head softly, his eyes closing for a moment as he wrapped his arms around her and sat back gently with her,"He does."He nodded some,"At least...a few times."He tilted his head back, looking towards the beautifully carved wall finishings,"He smiled when the doctor told him that I was pregnant... He smiled when he was married to the Lady."He thought about how long he had been a butler for the family, or even just a hand boy and it was mostly all of his life, he had grown up in the conrad family and was now adding his own addition to it.
BeWaRe ThE pRiMe NuMbErS
Marie was mixed hearing Orvin recalling his master's rare times of smile, with one involving the discovery of her husband's pregnancy. "So... is the lady really...? Where is she now?" She asked innocently. There had been rumors around that the lady was barren. Her announcemnet on the party night was only circulating around the upper class. Though it hardly needed any further evidence to prove the lady was unable to produce a child. "I... I feel for her. Though the lord seemed to be in pain as well. This is so... complicated." Marie finally concluded. She felt like she, a meager and lowly woman, perhaps was much happier than the lady. At least she was sure of her husband's love and loyalty of his heart.
"Really barren?"He rose an eyebrow at her and placed his hand on her knee as he sat back, leaning his head in a comfortable position on the couch, he had never realized how wonderful this house was before when he was a servant, but now he noticed every luxury,"Yes, I believe she is... I was never so...fertile myself, and simply after one damn time this happens to me."He scowled, no he didn't hate the child that was put inside of him but he did hate it's father and the means of how it got there, he wished that if this had ever happened to him it would be because his wife was simply tired of rearing children herself. "I have no-"He stopped himself,"She hasn't left her room for weeks."He corrected himself, looking to his wife and raising his hand to rub his knuckle against her cheek gently,"It's just one big...hodgepodge of lies and truths and things we should have no part of because it's nobility's problem to deal with."He sat up slightly again and kissed her head,"I am just glad we have it like we do... Yes it would be easier to be rich, but why be rich when you lose your soul either way?"
BeWaRe ThE pRiMe NuMbErS
Marie snuggled close to her husband, holding his thickened waist and burying her head on the crook of his neck. "Yes indeed, a bunch of mess that we shouldn't be any part of.... I just wish you would be fine and good when you come out of it." She said, still quite uncertain about the life being nurtured in Orvin's belly and was therefore quite deliberately avoiding any direct contact with it. She still find it awkward and out of place, seeing her husband swelling with child, but her heart wouldn't change because of that. "Tell me again, when will you be returning home? We really miss you and I am getting aksed by the girls everyday on that..."
Orvin wrapped his arms around Marie in return as he felt her breath against his neck, smiling softly and stroking her back slowly,"I will be. No need to wish because I will make it happen. I'll come back to you and the girls no matter what."he looked down at her and ran his hands up to lift her head and kiss her softly on the lips,"Soon love, plenty soon."he murmured and smiled softly at her, squeezing her arms and then looking down at himself,"I'm sure the Lord's child won't be inside of me for much longer."
BeWaRe ThE pRiMe NuMbErS
"I am looking forward to that day....I am so scared everyday." Marie's eyes once again moistened with emotion. "Would you, how would the master plan about the, t-he, arrival of the child?" She asked. "Just last week... our neighobr, you remember? Mr Hobbs? H-he gave birth at night and...." She couldn't continue, not when she recalled how his wife rushed out, her hands bloodied as she desperately ran to the local doctor for help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 88,851 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  Set to Sea (closed RP with @bhdire8) sipscan330 110 18,723 08-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bhdire8
  C Trying to Save the City w/ bhdire8 lxcttrll 195 23,974 08-02-2019, 10:47 AM
  C The Priest & The Shepherd (w/Bhdire8) Lovebite 247 26,755 04-06-2019, 07:33 PM
  The Soldier and The Governor ((With bhdire8 and Lovebite)) Lovebite 551 82,751 04-01-2019, 09:48 AM
  C In The Old Farmhouse w/ bhdire8 lxcttrll 110 13,228 03-06-2019, 01:10 PM
Last Post: lxcttrll
Shocked Sailor and a Selkie ((w/ bhdire8 and Lovebite)) Lovebite 394 63,527 11-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Lovebite
  Apron hate. (w/Bhdire8) Lovebite 359 68,306 09-28-2018, 04:37 AM
  C A Common Arrangement [Closed with bhdire8] Sam260 131 10,643 09-17-2018, 05:42 AM
  'business' partners (Closed with bhdire8) secretsparrow 100 10,106 08-27-2018, 02:39 PM