Type of shapewear/cami to use?
Hey y'all,
I'm really excited bc my boyfriend agreed to wear a fake belly for me!   Blush  Heart  We've been talking about it for a few weeks, but have yet to buy anything more than a pack of balloons. (We decided on a pretty standard method, water-filled balloon-in-a-balloon, held in place by layers of camisoles or girdle-type shapewear and compression shorts.) Does anyone have recommendations for what, exactly, we should be looking for to put over his top half? Not Amazon listings, but ideas for stuff we can look for in a store?
Thanks! :*
EDIT 8/14: Actually, Amazon listings are fine, lol.
This thread has not been active for a while, but I just wanted to give my opinion for anyone else out there who might want to know.

There are two parts that need to be addressed when looking at the top half: the belly and the breasts.

For the breasts, using sports bras is the common solution. The sports bra is going to have to be worn higher than intended, because the balloons are not really connected to his body, so just supporting the breasts from the bottom will not keep them in place.

For the belly, I would suggest to use some sort of shapewear to keep the balloon in place. There are a lot of different options here, but I would suggest "wear your own bra" shapewear. By placing the belly inside of the shapewear, not only is the heavy belly supported by the shoulders, but the shapewear doesn't get in the way of the breasts. Other options for the belly include maternity shapewear/belly bands, one-piece swimsuits, leotards, and ever bodysuits.

Lastly, I prefer letting the balloon(s) stay in contact my skin on my belly and chest when dressing up because the friction from my skin helps to keep the balloons in place rather than falling down. However, I know some other people don't like the feeling of the balloon(s), so they put on some other piece of clothing before putting on the balloons and other shapewear.

I hope this helps anyone out there looking to start out trying the balloon method!
(05-05-2019, 04:59 AM)BoyWithADream Wrote: This thread has not been active for a while, but I just wanted to give my opinion for anyone else out there who might want to know.

There are two parts that need to be addressed when looking at the top half: the belly and the breasts.

For the breasts, using sports bras is the common solution. The sports bra is going to have to be worn higher than intended, because the balloons are not really connected to his body, so just supporting the breasts from the bottom will not keep them in place.

For the belly, I would suggest to use some sort of shapewear to keep the balloon in place. There are a lot of different options here, but I would suggest "wear your own bra" shapewear. By placing the belly inside of the shapewear, not only is the heavy belly supported by the shoulders, but the shapewear doesn't get in the way of the breasts. Other options for the belly include maternity shapewear/belly bands, one-piece swimsuits, leotards, and ever bodysuits.

Lastly, I prefer letting the balloon(s) stay in contact my skin on my belly and chest when dressing up because the friction from my skin helps to keep the balloons in place rather than falling down. However, I know some other people don't like the feeling of the balloon(s), so they put on some other piece of clothing before putting on the balloons and other shapewear.

I hope this helps anyone out there looking to start out trying the balloon method!

I would wear something between my belly and my fake belly b/c I am hairy and don't want it tugging hairs. The biggest issue I, and from what I hear, others have had, is drooping. Apart from tying it to your torso there isn't much you can do about that except get a TON of shapewear. Even that isn't going to help. Before I used shapewear I had bought a long tank top and pulled it tight around the bottom of my belly, then tied the excess fringe off with a hair tie. Think Homer when he tried to look thin for Marge, but the intention is interestingly reversed XD This actually did a pretty good job keeping everything up, and all I had to do was untie the hair tie and pull everything tight again to adjust it. There is a youtube channel called Anne Pregum (link below) and they use a lot of shapewear for their belly, and was a great inspiration for me on how to use it. They were active on this forum until about 4 years ago. I didn't get decked out nearly as much as Anne, but they are an inspiration in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjNVurT...Rtjd5KzgKg
When it seems like no one else loves you, remember that I do.