Hidden Mpreg Sections
I've only been here an incredibly short while, but I'd like to make a comment if I may.

I don't think it's very wise to hide the mpreg art, story and roleplay archives from outside viewers. For an unregistered user who is trying to decide if they want to join, this place actually looks like a forum for general mpreg discussion and then a bunch of frpeg art, stories and roleplaying. There really is no way for visitors to know that all this great stuff is here. In fact, I probably would have left and never come back if a friend of mine didn't insist that the art and stories really were here. I told her I couldn't see any of it and that maybe the mods had decided to take it all down, but she told me to join anyway.

I just think you might be depriving yourselves of members by doing this. It's kind of like a restaurant having the sign up, but the front door is hidden in the wall so you have no idea what kind of delicious foods are inside, so you just decide to go eat somewhere else.

I'm just one person and this is only my opinion. I just hope someone reads this and maybe considers it. Thanks.
We did this because there was some issues regarding adult content. Some people were asking for everything to have its own label, and we did try that for awhile, but it soon became a huge job since most of our content is NSFW (not safe for work).

There are other issues involved in this as well, but the bottom line is that locking the forums for members only was the best solution that we could come up with.

I don't think that we are going to unlock the forums, but we can have a brainstorming session with Lyric to see if there is any way we can let people know that we have extra, membership only content.

If anyone (mods or otherwise) has a suggestion, feel free to post it up below. We'll review each suggestion and hopefully come up with something that works.

---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
Great point Redthunder, we'll discuss how we can improve this and maybe find a work around. Feel free to leave suggestions here.
Couldn't it just be mentioned somewhere in the visible-to-non-members-section that you have access to more features (such as roleplaying, fanfic, etc.) if you become a member? That seems like the simplest solution to me.
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
Could just put it on the header where it says Mpreg Central, though you may not want to clutter up the title. How big of a page header image can we have? If it is made as large as possible, so "Mpreg Central" is most prominent, but in the bottom right have "Must join to view 18+ art and litterature" in red italics or something that will be noticed before much page exploring is done, then that would probably do the trick. Web design is not my thing though, lol, sticking it there is kindof a cheat, maybe.
(11-30-2012, 03:53 PM)Faunus Wrote: Could just put it on the header where it says Mpreg Central, though you may not want to clutter up the title. How big of a page header image can we have? If it is made as large as possible, so "Mpreg Central" is most prominent, but in the bottom right have "Must join to view 18+ art and litterature" in red italics or something that will be noticed before much page exploring is done, then that would probably do the trick. Web design is not my thing though, lol, sticking it there is kindof a cheat, maybe.

I was just thinking that today! Lol!

Yea, people tend to gloss over threads and announcements when making a first impression (they read them after they decide to sign up), so making a note in the actual banner or even somehow giving it its own banner would be ideal, I think.

So it would be something like:

Mpreg Central
Stories and Art for Members Only

or

Mpreg Central

Or something better than that. :)

---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
Mpreg Central
I prefer the second of the two suggested headers - just incase anyone's taking votes :P
I vote for

Mpreg Central

It's short, simple, and let's people know that the juicy stuff is really here. Be sure to add RP too, though! That's one of the hardest things to find on the internet. You'll defs want to advertise that.
Great suggestions guys!

I've decided to go ahead and unlock the forums. I believe one of the original reasons why we decided to lock it in the first place was because of concerns about our relatively recent rule-change which allowed for incest/underage content. However, I think now that some time has passed and opinions about it have cooled, it's safe to unlock the forums and once again make it viewable even to guests.

As with all policies, this is still open for future changes. Thanks for the help, you guys!

:)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mpreg Questions Shadow091 3 4,020 07-14-2018, 06:49 AM
Last Post: TheKicking
  MPREG story section not accessible via Phone pirateking1256 1 3,046 01-25-2016, 07:07 PM
Question Mobile Web Version Of Mpreg Central AMalePregnancyWorld 2 3,484 11-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Last Post: AMalePregnancyWorld
  Mpreg Central 'Bad Gateway' [Resolved] Lyric 1 2,181 02-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Harry_O'Neal
  Mpreg concest? PregnantDude 3 3,232 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Music Can I start thread involeing fpreg and mpreg? MaleFemalePregnancyLover 2 3,101 03-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Last Post: MaleFemalePregnancyLover