IUD Surgery Experiences (graphic).
I went to the local hospital (which for me is Dr Gray's in Elgin, as I live in a small town called Forres, which is in NE Scotland) in late August. It was to the gynaecology department, as ever since I was 11 years old (just under 15 years ago, as I'm 26 now) I have had heavy periods. I have tried everything from the pill to the injection, and neither of them worked (they wreaked complete and utter havoc on my mental health which was only made worse by my nan dying earlier this year). I was put on the waiting list for an IUD (Mirena) insertion, Had my pre-op on October 1st, and went in for the insertion yesterday.

Now for the actual experience...

I was admitted to Ward 1 (day case unit) at 11am yesterday morning, and was told that I would be going into theatre at 3:10pm. This was my 4th time going into theatre (1st in 16 years and also since I moved up to Scotland, as I'm originally from Liverpool, England), aswell as my 4th general anaesthetic case, and my 6th time under anaesthetic of any kind (have also had local and topical). I ended up going to theatre just after 2:30pm, and I asked the nurse how long it would take.

She (like the anaesthetist during my pre-op) said that it would only take a couple of minutes.

I was in theatre for an hour, as Professor Cumming (yes, that's his actual surname) had to bring in the ultrasound machine after finding out that my cervical canal is incredibly narrow, and he was having trouble getting the instruments in (I had a d&c biopsy done aswell as the IUD being inserted). I also have what's called ectocervical cells, which basically means that some of the cells in my cervix are actually growing outside of my cervix, aswell as thrush (which is understandable, as my periods were like ribbons, which for those who don't know, are extremely heavy, and the reason why I now have anaemia, aswell as the reason why my sanitary pads would have to be industrial-strength instead of the standard shizzle).

Oh, and my blood pressure was like a roller coaster.

As for the anaesthetic, that's because I am what one would call a sworn virgin, and that side of things was both surprisingly pleasant and surprisingly quick. as those who know me personally (excluding Mrs Mad Ronin, as I no-longer have anything to do with her because of an incident involving my DNA donor, and needs to be removed from this site because she - like the rest of that side of my family - should be in an insane asylum) know that I had a bad time when I was 8, after the nurse that inserted the cannula used the wrong type of plaster (which resulted in the cannula slipping out, me getting one in my foot without anaesthetic, and me very nearly ending up on a slab in the morgue). As a result, I have been on the mask side ever since, although I decided to watch the cannula getting put in yesterday (the anaesthetist used the right type of plaster this time). Also, due to being autistic (something I've never really mentioned here), my mum usually has to be in the room as I'm getting put under. Yesterday, I decided to go solo, and the last thing I remember before going to sleep was talking about the Alien franchise (and letting them know that I'd become a cousin again, as my Auntie Shauna had another boy 2 weeks ago yesterday), and then I woke up with a mask on my face and feeling like I was drunk.

What was your experience?

Note: This is a question for anybody who has got a uterus (be you female, trans male, cis male with a uterus, etc etc).

2nd Note: I've had the mask 3 times (only IV-only case being my tonsillectomy), and the drugs they used to put me under yesterday were so powerful that I was out in about 2 minutes max.

3rd Note: It was also my first time having surgery at Dr Gray's, and for the first time ever, I got my own private room.

4th Note: I even told them that I liked mpreg.
Valar Morghulis - All Men Must Die.

For those who want more mpreg stories from me, visit http://mpregwriter.wordpress.com/ which is my new page and will be dedicated to mpreg (page currently inactive due to loss of inspiration).
Update: I had a Mirena replacement done earlier today (as the one I was put under for started to come out).
Valar Morghulis - All Men Must Die.

For those who want more mpreg stories from me, visit http://mpregwriter.wordpress.com/ which is my new page and will be dedicated to mpreg (page currently inactive due to loss of inspiration).