The Kiwi
So, this was taken from the "I Fucking Love Science" Facebook page today. They've always got awesome posts, thought I would share for anyone looking for... interesting story ideas, to put it politely.

"The kiwi is a flightless bird found only in New Zealand. They're around the size of a chicken, and lay the largest eggs in relation to their body size of any bird in the world. Their eggs can be up to 20% of the females body weight - the equivalent of a 130 pound woman giving birth to a 26 pound baby."

Enjoy.
Kilix stockpiled 3!
Mind = Blown (up like a gloriously gravid kiwi)
Or a 200-pound man giving birth to a 40-pound baby.
Man, I just did some math. I lift 27 pound bags all the time at work, and it ain't always easy... and once pregnant I'd be well over 130 pounds...
Kilix stockpiled 3!
Fancy that 135 lb woman/20 lb baby fact. As I stand at 135 lbs myself! To be preggo with an egg/baby of that magnitude, would put me at 155 or 160 easy! 175-180 if I indulged a few cravings here and there!
Heart ☣️ Heart ☣️ Heart
Somewhat related facts from the same page. The katydid's (insect) testicles are 14% of its total body weight. On a 200 lb. human, that would be 28 lb. testicles. On me, it would be about 19.5 lbs... which is really close to about how heavy my simulation bellies are (I've weighed them individually to find out; they're usually about 17 lbs when I don't include breasts).
Kilix stockpiled 3!