Closed Angel Wings
[Closed w/ Chrome]
"You do make me nervous. It's nothing bad, though... You're just... You're you... I'm undeserving of you spending time on me like this." Marshall admitted quietly, nodding his head and exhaling slowly. When mentioned about the sugar, he chuckled a little "I'm sorry. I'll make sure to add more next time... If you want, I can grab the sugar for you?" He was already up and moving, grabbing the small sugar bowl and setting it down in front of Cael "There you are." He sat back down and smiled warmly.

He listened to the other's explanation and nodded slowly. A lot of it made sense. The Angel had a sense of duty to protect his charges. The cop had a sense of duty to protect his fellow man. "You and I are a lot of like in that regard. Protecting those that we are charged with to protect." He whispered, smiling as he looked down into his glass again "Maybe there were... greater powers at work... putting you in my way? Maybe your true destiny was to be my guardian angel? I... I don't know if I even have one." He must've had one, there were many of times where death did try and knock on Marshall's door, both over seas on his tours of duty, and whilst as a police officer, and yet here he was, still alive "Maybe you're my new guardian angel? Which is why you're drawn to me? Can you ask someone about it...?"
[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

A hum escaped Cael as he thought about what Marshall was saying, absently scooping spoonfuls of sugar into the glass of lemonade as he did. "Perhaps," he thought aloud, light blue eyes glancing towards Marshall. "Though I would have thought that I would have received word if they were changing my position." Finally deciding that was probably enough of the sweet crystals, he decided to take a sip of the overly-sweet drink now, the taste bringing a smile to his lips. "This is better, thank you, Marshall."

There was the option of Cael going up and asking someone, but it was rare that an mere Angel like himself would be able to ask God this kind of question in person. The only Angels that were allowed easy access to their Creator were the Archangels and they typically paid no attention to him. Still, he gave Marshall the truth. "I may be able to get answers, but it wouldn't be soon. I would have to go up the chain of command."
[Image: UXpL7lx.png]

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

He chewed on his bottom lip as he thought that over, eyes slipping shut. He set his glass aside and rubbed his hands over his shorts "Would that mean that you'd have to leave? Go up to Heaven and ask your questions?" Marshall asked quietly. The thought of losing Cael, though he did not belong to Marshall, nor did he have any type of hold over the angel, it was hard to think of him no longer being here, no longer being with him, even if their time had been so short "I'm not sure the reasons, but if you have to go up there to find the answers, I'd rather not know the reason... And have you stay here, with me."

Looking into those honey eyes as Marshall spoke to him softly and honestly, causing Cael's lips to turn up into a wider smile. "Yes, I would have to return to Heaven in order to get my answers." Taking another sip of the sweet lemonade, ice blue eyes wandering out one of the open windows before turning back to the mortal next to him. There was something inside him telling him that he shouldn't leave either, at least not right away. There was obviously something special about this particular human and Cael was curious to see whether or not he could find it out himself. "There's no rush," he finally spoke, ice blue meeting honey-brown. "I also would like to stay here for a while. I'm curious about some things myself and want to see what I can find out on my own before I bother my brothers or Father."

Marshall smiled and leaned over, pressing a soft kiss against Cael's cheek "Thank you." He whispered, exhaling slowly as he pulled away and settled in the couch again.  Honey eyes slowly roamed over Cael's porcelain skin and he cleared his own throat "Are there ways I can help you find the answers we both seek?  Can I help you figure things out?" He stood up and grabbed his glass of lemonade, heading toward the kitchen and rummaging through the fridge and freezer.

He glanced over at Cael "What do you like eating, when you do eat?  I want to make you dinner... It'd help if I had a bit of direction on what you like?" He was probably trying a little too hard, but he really did want to make Cael happy.  That, and he was hoping to repay some of what he owed Cael, though his life was hard to repay like that.

Cael stilled for a moment, hand coming up to rest on the cheek that Marshall's lips had touched with a hint of surprise. He'd seen humans do that before too but from what he had gathered it was much less of a casual thing and more for mortals to show their affection. Shaking himself from his slight stupor, Cael turned to where Marshall had disappeared into the kitchen watching him search for something before standing and coming closer to the mortal to get a better look at what he was doing. "Maybe it would help if I stay close to you for a while," he offered, though he didn't want to intrude on the man's life more than he already had. "Everything I've ever known keeps drawing me towards you, perhaps I should keep close and see if you have any answers for me without knowing it."

The mortal was trying, Cael could tell that much. Trying to make him comfortable and welcome in his home despite having no need for any of the objects inside it. "I like sweet things," Cael admitted, leaning his wings back against the wall as he watched with pale blue eyes. "I don't know much about human cooking or meals but I do enjoy sweet things." With the sweet tooth that Cael could have when he wanted it was a good thing he was an angel and whatever food or drink he took in was immediately burned up in his body. "Though I'm willing to try whatever you make, Marshall. Don't bother yourself too much."

He liked the idea of Cael staying close to him, and his entire body ran red with the thoughts that filtered in through his mind. He closed his eyes and slowly breathed, opening the freezer to allow the gust of cold air to cool him down rather rapidly "You can stay close to me. I will let you observe me, if you think it'll help." Marshall whispered, voice thicker and deeper than he really intended it to be. He quickly cleared his throat and opened his eyes again, scanning the contents of the fridge "Ah! I have steaks marinating. I was going to cook a couple up for dinner the next couple of nights... Tonight seems perfect." He reached in and grabbed the bowl with the steaks and then turned, finding himself pressed quite closely to Cael.

Honey brown eyes slowly slid to the angel's face, Marshall's face was bright red again, and that wasn't the only change. His heart was pounding hard and fast, his cock had stirred to life, tenting his cargo shorts "I ah... The grill... It's in the backyard." He squeaked out before pointing toward a bowl on the counter "Could you grab two potatoes and the... the tinfoil, next to it?" Marshall whispered, swallowing the lump in his throat and breathing out slowly.

Cael could feel it when the air changed around him, how Marshall seemed to change rather quickly after being so close to him. Perhaps he still made the mortal a little nervous-- Marshall's face was red again after all and he seemed to be unable to look him the eyes. However, Cael didn't feel that he was unwelcome, and Marshall asked him to help him with the preparation of the food so he moved further into the kitchen to look for the requested items Marshall asked for. Doing as Marshall asked he moved towards the bowl on the counter, grabbing two potatoes and a long box that did indeed say tinfoil. The Angel raised his eyebrow in a human-like expression of confusion, looking at the box in his hand as he made his way over to Marshall. "I don't think tinfoil is safe for you to eat," he told the mortal, handing over the potatoes but keeping the tinfoil in one hand as he read the English words on the box.

Looking up from the box and glancing at the meat and potatoes, Cael had the sudden urge to know how Marshall would be preparing his food. He'd never really had the chance to watch a human cook before and was curious to see how it was done. "Do you think I could watch?" he asked, moving closer. "Or I could help if you need it."

Marshall couldn't help but smile at the Angel's confusion; it was like teaching a baby new things, except this one knew how to walk and talk already, and was an adult -in most senses- "You can watch. I have no problem with that," Marshall had managed to gain his composure and was capable of looking Cael in the eyes again "And if I need help, I'll gladly accept it from you." He gently reached for the box of tinfoil, his fingers gently brushing over Cael's as he took it from him "I know you can't eat this. Watch and learn." He smiled and turned back to the potatoes, rather quickly -he'd had the urge to just kiss Cael then and there, but he had to keep himself together; it was bad enough he'd already kissed the angels cheek.

With the two potatoes, Marshall pulled enough tinfoil out to cover both of them. They were then slathered in butter, salt, pepper, and a few other dried herbs "So, you place the potatoes in the tinfoil-" to which he did "-and then you seal them up like they're in a little pocket-" again he did that whilst explaining and showing Cael what he was doing "-and once they're sealed up, we can take them out to the grill." Marshall quickly washed the gunk off his hands, dried them and grabbed the tinfoil wrapped potatoes, then nodded at the marinade bowl with the steaks "Grab those and the tongs next to them, follow me." He led Cael toward the back door, of which they came in earlier in the evening, and out onto the porch where a charcoal grill was set-up.

Cael listened attentively to Marshall as he explained what he was doing. Most of the time Cael's eyes were on the man's hands but occasionally he would look up to see his face, trying to guess the human's emotions. He wasn't quite sure why but he felt that there was something Marshall wasn't saying. After having watched after humans for all his life it wasn't too difficult to tell when their words didn't match the way their bodies spoke, unlike Angels who really didn't have any ability to suppress themselves or hide what they were thinking or feeling. Humans were certainly interesting, he thought, and Cael had to admit he was a little excited to see what he could learn from this one.

Happy to help, Cael grabbed the bowl of meat and sauce before looking around next to it. He held up a device that seemed to resemble a thin, long, and metal crab claw in his free hand and turned towards Marshall. "This is a tong?" After Marshall confirmed, he followed him out the door they had entered through, and onto a porch. Even though the home was smaller than some of the others around them it seemed to be taken care of. Once they got outside into the open air, Cael's wings took the opportunity to stretch out after having been tightly tucked in the house. Turning his pale blue eyes towards the beach, Cael spoke. "Is this your home?" Humans were a little peculiar like that, some of them changing their homes every year or so while others would prefer one home all their life. "It's rather nice. A little quiet though."

Marshall got the grill loaded up with charcoal, fire going in that to get it heated through. "If you're asking, do I own the home... The answer is yes." He smiled a little and settled on one of the porch chairs, leaning back in it "Do I live here on a regular basis? No. I have a home in the city, its within walking distance of the police station," He checked the grill again and deemed it warm enough to start. He opened the bowl of steaks and carefully began laying them on the grill grates, the juices dripping off and making sizzling and steaming noises; tinfoil wrapped potatoes went on next up in the corner of the grill "I usually rent this place out in the spring and summer, extra income." He shrugged a little and settled down again "I've never even thought about living here permanently... It's not too far from the police station, maybe just thirty minutes."

"You have two homes?" Cael asked, a little surprised. Though the more he thought about it the more he figured he too had two types of home; Heaven and Earth. Marshall hadn't been wrong before, they did have quite a few similarities and more kept appearing the more Cael thought about it. "I think I would prefer it here," Cael commented as Marshall set up the food on the grill, the smell hitting Cael's nose as the meat started sizzling. "The city is loud and crowded." Not to mention the duty he had preformed there long before Marshall was even born. He'd seen the awfulness of some humans in the dark alleys of the city, and though he would never give up on them it discouraged him slightly.

Marshall swallowed and came over, setting his hand over Cael's and squeezing softly "We can stay here then. I don't mind in the slightest." Marshall stated softly, squatting in front of Cael "I want to keep you safe, Cael. As you do with me. If staying here in my family home does that, then I will do it for you." He reached up, hand resting on Cael's pale cheek, thumb gently stroking that soft skin "I agree that the city is loud and crowded, though... Being out here, it's peaceful. It helps you think, get yourself centered again." Lord knew he needed to always be centered after a day of working; there was never any time for any thinking when you were always in the heart of the city, maybe moving here would be good for him. And Cael.

It wasn't a bad idea, Cael wanted to stay close to Marshall-- not only because he needed to find answers but also because he found the man intensely interesting. Being out here with Marshall, at least for a while, away from the city might give him time to learn without distractions. Not really knowing how the human excepted the Angel to react, Cael simply did as he had been observing and returned the affection in the same way Marshall had before. Leaning forward, and slightly on his toes, to place his lips against the human's cooler skin on his cheek-- because he ran on celestial energy his body was always quite a bit warmer than those living on Earth. "Thank you, Marshall," he spoke after finally stepping back. "If I get 'centered' and find answers while I am here I will be sure to tell you."

Marshall's face ran red, again, as those warm lips caressed over his cheek "You're welcome." He managed to get the words out without a problem, which was surprising to him. Maybe he was getting used to the other being around, getting comfortable with the idea of him being around constantly "I'll have to go to the city to get some more clothes and stuff. I only packed enough for the week..." He looked out over the ocean briefly "And definitely don't have work uniforms, though I'm contemplating whether I should go back soon or take a few more days..." The shootout had shaken him pretty bad. It wasn't as if he weren't used to things like that, but being so close -and knowing- he was close to dying, it was really rattling him more than he imagined.

"Maybe I'll just sell the place in the city, there's no point in paying for two places..." He shook his head and moved to tend to the grill again "Don't mind me, I'm just aimlessly rambling." He flipped the steaks over and sighed, looking over at Cael "I'll do anything to make you comfortable and happy, Cael. On my honor."

"I could go with you," Cael offered as he watched the man tend to the meat on the grill. "To the city, I mean. If you're nervous." Cael wouldn't pretend to know how it felt to be so close to death on any given day considering his was an immortal celestial being, but he'd seen the fear in humans before and could understand why. Placing a hand on the arm that wasn't flipping meat, Cael gave the human what he hoped was a comforting squeeze. "I'm comfortable, don't worry yourself too much about it. It's not like I need much after all, but your company is nice." He wondered what honor was worth as a human, each one of them seemed to have different opinions on that, but from what he'd seen of this cop thus far he felt it was worth far more than other's.

Looking out across the beach, Cael scanned the horizon. "Do you swim often?" Cael asked, hoping to provide the human with something to talk about. He wasn't sure what rambling entailed but perhaps conversation would help him. "I enjoy swimming, though I believe our versions of swimming are different." An airy laugh escaped him, seeming to float away with the wind.

After the meat was flipped, and that smaller hand settled on Marshall, he looked down at the angel and smiled softly "I appreciate that, Cael. But I have to be able to do it, on my own. I'll never get back to work if I can't set foot inside the city again..." He smiled at the angel. He cleared his throat and turned to look back at the meat and potatoes cooking, again getting caught up in his own desires and emotions. He wanted so badly to kiss those lips, have them against his own, but he couldn't risk it. Couldn't risk scaring the Angel away forever.

At the question, Marshall nodded his head, thankful for the reprieve "Yeah. I swim quite frequently in the summer months." He looked back at Cael and smiled softly "How are our versions of swimming different? I'm truly curious about this one... Can you show me?" He asked quietly, closing the grill lid so the food could continue to cook.

Cael hummed thoughtfully as Marshall mentioned needing to go back to the city on his own, not particularly enjoying the idea of the human leaving even for a short moment but also knowing that he could probably follow without being noticed. When he heard the grill lid close and Marshall's question, Cael turned towards the man with a hint of surprise on his face. Show him? He'd never shown a mortal anything regarding his particular abilities before and briefly wondered why he found himself being so open and comfortable around Marshall. "You want to see?" he repeated, wings twitching slightly as he laughed thinking about the question of how their versions of swimming could be difficult. "Well for one my wings work much better than your arms and legs do while pumping through the water."

Smiling, Cael looked out towards the beach and found himself walking off the porch and towards the waves lapping at the sand, his arms slipped through his shirt easily enough and once the fabric was off him his wings spread wide, feathers spreading as he turned back towards Marshall. "Are you coming?"

Honey-gold eyes watched as that shirt was removed, mesmerized by the sudden amount of skin he could see. He swallowed thickly and nodded his head "Yes. Yes, I'm coming." He quickly bounded off of the porch, shoes and shirt coming off again as he followed Cael down to the shoreline. Before he entered the water, he grasped onto Cael's hand, fingers lightly squeezing around the angel's "Thank you, Cael." He leaned over and kissed the angel chastely on the lips before turning and heading into the water, getting to where it was about waist deep, before he turned and looked at Cael, waiting and watching to see how different his version of swimming was to the angel's version.

Surprised by the sudden touch of Marshall's lips against his own lips, rather than the cheek, just as he had seen many human lovers do during his time on Earth. Icy blue eyes watched Marshall for a moment as he entered the water, still standing on the beach with his fingers lightly against his lips. It took him an embarrassingly long moment to shake himself free of his stupor before he slid from his jeans, socks, and shoes. As soon as he was in nothing but the boxer shorts humans wore under their clothes he took to the air. Once he was high enough, he let himself free fall for a moment before tucking his wings and entering the water with hardly a splash. He went deep, but with a pump of his wings he was quickly closer to where Marshall was waist deep in the water. When he surfaced he purposefully flicked his wings to splash the mortal as he brushed wet white hair from his face.

"What do you think?" Cael asked, suddenly hoping to have pleased the man with his stunt.