Closed Angel Wings
[Closed w/ Chrome]
Araqiel returned that hug without a seconds hesitation, hold his son close for the first time in ages. He remembered the days when Cael was just a boy and they used to hug all the time. Those days were long gone, now, and it was obvious, by Cael's questions, that he did not remember his mother. It was understandable. It had been hundreds of years since that moment "Yes. Your mother was a woman, Cael. Her name was Vivian. She was the lead singer in her church, many many moons ago." He smiled fondly at the memories, sighing softly.

He could see the question forming in Cael's mind and smiled, reaching a hand up to gently cup Cael's cheek "Nephilim are far different from an angel or a human, Cael. You know this as well as anyone does. Nephilim have their own unique set of differences from a human and an angel. You are different." The fact that Cael could carry a child was due to in part of being a nephilim "There was a reason why Nephilim were removed from earth, and in some cases, Heaven too. Human's who knew about them used Nephilim as breeders, to create more nephilim, and they were not good - the nephilim that had been used. They were evil. And they did nothing but hurt people when they had the chance, therefore GOD, our father, deemed it necessary to abolish Nephilim's from Earth, and the ones who were in Heaven, if they were evil, they were punished too." He took a breath and exhaled slowly "The demons that you have heard about, the devils, those are all the nephilim that once roamed this Earth, now banished into a world of fire, to keep them there. Once in a very rare while, nephilim are born into this world, and depending on how they live their life, they stay as angels, or they become demons... You, you are an angel. Your child, raised by the right parents - You and your mortal - will also stay an angel, if he or she is good."
[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Cael listened to Araqiel's explanation on the history of Nephilim and felt a small bit of relief at the sudden knowledge that, despite his and Marshall's fears, it seemed everything that had happened so far wasn't as unique and worrisome as they'd first thought. A weight felt like it had been removed from his shoulders as he relaxed more, his arm around the swell in his abdomen relaxed and became more of comfort than anything protective. Cael was sure Marshall would be happy to hear this information and felt excited to let him know when he got home. The thought of Nephilim possibly becoming demons sat in the back of his head, already he loved the child growing inside him and couldn't imagine their child as anything but an angel-- her actual angelic heritage aside.

"Thank you for telling me this information," Cael said softly, giving his new-found father another light hug. "It means a lot to me and you've settled a lot of my nerves. I'm sorry that I didn't report my situation right away and I seemed to have caused a bit of trouble. I was just...very scared."
[Image: UXpL7lx.png]

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Araqiel smiled and returned the hug "I'm glad that I can put to ease some of your fears, my son." He stated honestly, pulling back to look at Cael "I understand you were afraid, but you should have known that you could have come to me with anything. I have always been open to you, and your fellow brothers-" those were not biological to him, though "-and I have always tried to be helpful in any situation you found yourself in. Human or otherwise." He glanced over at the door "Do you want me to leave? Your mortal has just pulled up... I do not want you to feel like you have to explain me to him, if you are not ready for that."

Turning his attention towards the sounds of Marshall's truck shutting down, Cael looked back towards Araqiel. "It's probably best if I explain it to him first," he explained, not wanting to cause Marshall too much panic at seeing a stranger in their house. It would definitely be much easier to explain to Marshall about his own heritage and Araqiel's sudden appearance without that kind of added stress. Cael's hand reached out to grip his father's hand lightly with a friendly smile. "You're welcome to come back any time," he added, placing his other hand on his stomach. "I would be honored if you met your grandchild at some point."

"I will come back, I promise. And I will watch over you, your mortal, and your child." He reached to hug Cael again, kissing his temple before he quickly made his way to the back door. With a strong flap of his wings, which very quickly materialized, Araqiel was gone, soaring rapidly into the sky.

Marshall just made his way in and sighed tiredly "Hey, babe. I'm home!" He smiled, dropping his belongings by the door and turning "Oh, hey. What're you up too?" He smiled as he came over to his lover and wrapped his arms around his angel, kissing him sweetly "What are you and my little angel doing?"

Cael brought his arms around Marshall without hesitation, returning the sweet kiss with a smile. "Welcome home," he greeted, bringing his hand up to run his fingers through Marshall's short hair. "You look exhausted, Marshall. How was work today?" He hoped it wasn't anything too stressful, knowing how difficult it could be to be a police officer even in a small place like Charter Beach. "Oh--" he suddenly remembered the roasting chicken and vegetables in the oven, hoping it wasn't over cooked at all, planning to have taken it out when Marshall got home. Making his way towards the kitchen to take the food out, he checked it and reassured himself that it was fine before he left it there to cool a bit. "We had a visitor today," Cael started when he turned his attention from the food back to Marshall. "One of the angels came to check up on me, he just left before you got home."

"Work was fine. Just a long day." He scrubbed a hand over his face as Cael went to check on the food "I had to deal with a lot of paperwork after a car accident that occurred today." He slowly started stripping off his uniform, though paused -halfway out of his button-up top, when Cael mentioned a visitor "What?" He looked wide-eyed at his lover "What do you mean one of the angels came to check up on you? Cael, what about... the baby? What about you?" He dropped the button-up and quickly came over to Cael, gently cupping his face "Are you okay? Are *we* okay? The baby?"

Mostly expecting that kind of reaction from Marshall, the angel brought his hands up to Marshall's at his cheeks and laced their fingers together neatly. "It's okay, Marshall," he reassured, smiling genuinely at his mortal lover. It was probably the first relaxing smile he'd had when talking about their child and well-being. "We're fine, both us and the baby. I should have gone to them straight away but...well, I told you I was scared." Taking one of Marshall's hands, he lead him to the dining room table where they could sit and talk before dinner was served. "The angel that came to check on me, Araqiel, he has dominion over Earth and is much older than I am. When no one heard from me they were worried humans had captured me, well he was worried...and apparently for good reason. He told me about the Nephilim and how they had the potential to be evil and turn into demons, but that was because they were treated unkindly by humans. He also told me that Nephilim are different than humans or angels and despite being male or female they could bare children..." He paused, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm a Nephilim... Or I was before becoming an angel because I was a 'good' Nephilim," Cael tried to explain. "Araqiel is my father and my mother was a human woman a very long time ago."

Marshall listened patiently as Cael explained what he had learned. He was shocked by a lot of things, all of these revelations were a lot and he was surprised that Cael was able to handle it all, though maybe he shouldn't have been. Cael was strong, stronger than he, himself, was. A lot of his fears, worries, doubts, they all faded with Cael's words. They didn't have to worry about anything, "We'll make sure that our baby is good," he could assure that, simply being a cop would scare any child straight.

He blinked when Cael explained the rest of Araqiel to him "Your father...?" Head tilted to the side, blinking a little as he tried processing this. He could understand Cael being a nephilim and his having a mortal mother, and obviously an angel father, but someone in that powerful of a position? It was daunting. "Will I be allowed to meet him, one day?"

Standing to attend to the dinner that was now properly cooled and ready to eat, Cael started putting potions of meat and vegetables on the two plates set aside for them. "I'm sure you will meet him," Cael spoke, turning back to Marshall with a smile on his face. "He expressed interest in meeting you earlier but I thought it might be best for you to hear the information from me first." Sometimes humans could be more emotional than angels, even Cael had found himself more emotional recently as was shown with his over protectiveness of their child. "Now that he knows about the child we might expect him to stop by here and there or probably have us watched over more frequently at the very least."

Cael brought the two plates of food to the table, setting one down in front of Marshall and the other at the seat next to him. "She is his grandchild, after all."

Marshall smiled as dinner was brought to the table "Thanks," He whispered, just before the news was dropped. Eyes went wide and he grasped Cael by the hips lightly, pulling him close "She?" He questioned, head tipping to the side as he stared at the expanse of belly hiding underneath his sweatshirt "Are... are you sure? How do you know? Or do you just feel it's a girl?" He asked softly, a hand gently rubbing over that mound, a soft and loving smile on his face "I would love a little girl, Cael. It would be amazing."

Cael smiled as he was turned by the hips before he could sit at the table, not that he minded at all, one hand running through Marshall's short hair while the other gently squeezed his shoulder. "It's just a feeling I have," Cael admitted, though for some reason he just knew the baby inside him was a girl. Cupping Marshall's cheeks in his and leaning down for a kiss, he pulled away just enough to sit at the table, keeping one of Marshall's hand in his. "If I had money I'd be willing to bet on it." He laughed lightly, rubbing his thumb across the top of Marshall's large hand.

Marshall laughed and gave Cael's hand a soft squeeze "Well, you do have money; but any money you bet, would just end up back in the same place it already is, our bank account." He leaned over and gave Cael a soft kiss before retracting and turning to the dinner "This looks amazing, Angel. I'm really very impressed with how far you've come in cooking. Have you been reading recipes online and watching the TV shows that do these types of things?" He grabbed his fork and easily started digging in, humming as the flavors exploded on his tongue "Tastes just as amazing."

Pleased at the compliment and how Marshall seemed to enjoy the food he prepared, Cael took his own first bite with a smile. He nodded at Marshall's question as he finished his mouthful. "I found a lot of videos on the laptop that shows you how to prepare different meals, I've been watching a lot of them." Grinning and rubbing at the back of his head with a sheepish smile, he admitted; "I think I want to try and bake something sweet next." He wanted to try making something sweet with his own hands, having hopes something made by hand would be even better than ice cream or chocolates that he usually picked up at the store when he could.

"Okay, that sounds great." He grinned and reached over, lightly rubbing Cael's cheek with his thumb "I think you will have a natural talent for baking sweets, you already have a natural talent for eating them." He teased, chuckling as he went back to eating his dinner, though there was hardly anything left on his plate -He would have licked it, if he felt like being that utterly barbaric. "You make a list of what you want and need to try your recipes, and I'll get you the ingredients, if we don't already have them." He wasn't a novel baker himself, but had a few essentials.

Finishing his own plate of dinner, Cael stood and took both plates to the sink. "You'll be my number one taste tester," the angel assured Marshall with a small, cleaning off their empty plates and setting them in the drying rack next to the sink. "I've noticed you've got a lot of the average baking supplies on hand which is where I'll probably have to start anyway. Once I get better through and try more unique recipes I might definitely write you a list." Smiling at his lover he motioned towards the remaining food leftover from dinner. "Do you want me to put some in a container for you to take to work for lunch?"

"I'll gladly be your taste tester, Angel. It'd be my pleasure." He stood up and came over to Cael, wrapping his strong arms around that little body, smiling as he lowered to kiss him sweetly "Yeah. I'll put it away though... How about you go get in bed? I'll meet you there in a few minutes." He waggled his eyebrows enticingly before chuckling and kissed Cael again "I want to see my beautiful Angel in action tonight."

Cael smiled with a shiver of excitement at Marshall's words, giving him a light and playful shove to his shoulder. "Fine," he stood lightly on his toes to take another kiss before stepping back. "Put together a good portion of it and put it in the fridge." Slipping his arms through the sleeves of Marshall's heavy and large sweatshirt, the angel pulled it over his head in a single clean motion before tossing it lightly at the mortal. "I'll take a shower and meet you in the bedroom." Cael gave a small grin with a flutter of feathers before turning towards the bedroom/bathroom area, already slipping out of his shirt on his way out of the kitchen.

Marshall was already set to working on putting the dinner in a few lunch containers, there was plenty for him to take for the next few days, which was certainly a positive "I wouldn't bother with the shower! You're only going to get sweaty and messy anyway!" Marshall called after Cael, though he didn't much mind it; if Cael wanted a shower, he'd just take another after they were finished with what he had planned anyway.

After Marshall finished packing up the food, he quickly cleaned the kitchen down and went around to lock up. He collected the stripped clothing that Cael had tossed and smiled as he came into the bedroom. He stripped his own clothes and then tossed them into the hamper before moving to lay in the center of the bed. He was half-hard but getting harder as he idly stroked himself, waiting for Cael.

Cael didn't bother to shower too thoroughly, mostly getting the important areas, he'd take a proper shower with shampoo and the like later. It was a quick shower but he wasn't surprised to see Marshall waiting for him naked on the bed, stepping into the bedroom. The one towel that he'd brought in with him was in one hand, drying out his stark white hair, leaving the rest of him exposed. Thankfully, as a hot blooded angel, despite the change in temperature between the shower and the room it hadn't effected Cael at all. Thinking about being intimate with Marshall in the shower had Cael already mostly hard himself beneath the slight swell of his stomach. It was definitely different having the extra weight in his front but he was quickly getting used to it, for now anyway-- he knew there was still quite a bit of time and growth to go.

Making his way to the bed, Cael got up and sat himself on Marshall's thighs, one hand moving to replace Marshall's on his cock while he leaned forward to kiss his lips. "Looks like someone made themselves comfortable." He smiled against Marshall's lips before sitting back up, his hand stroking more rhythmically and firm around Marshall's cock.