Closed The Musician's Heart
(Closed w/ SazzyP260)
"Does that show even exist anymore? If so, it certainly wouldn't have me on it. I couldn't fathom being in a place where it's often a pity party and needs someone like me, who has a little more recognition than they do at this point, to celebrate those former famous lives because nobody else will."

And she could take that any sort of way she wanted. It was pure honesty. As he awaited her next question before the camera, he sported a warm smile. Naturally, she choked up. A newcomer in the game of media. A newcomer when it came to dealing with the celebrity known as Ryan Chance. Johnny as most would have it for his stage name.

He was cocky with confidence, someone who knew his music would sell and in spite of it all, the mass would still play his records and watch his films. Toxic, some would dare to call it. Nonsense, as he would have it. He wasn't forcing his opinion on anyone that didn't want to hear it and at the end of the day, he was certainly hashing out cash to various organizations across the world than he was keeping it to himself. At this point in his twenty-seven years of living, to make it this far and not falter was an accomplishment. To make it out from a former boy band and break out into his path, that was an even better accomplishment. His contemporaries could never.

"Well," she stammered. "I guess I can ask you this."

She pushed up her glasses, regaining her composure. When will the infamous Johnny settle down? A good question indeed.

"Depends. I have to be looking for starters and someone has to want to contend to this ego of mine to even get that far."

That's why he was exploring his options as a result. As a man who was raised up with certain ethics, getting him to just truly change at this slightly late in the game was quite impossible. Best to focus on his good traits and hope he scores someone who was in it for him and not the money itself. Dating apps with an incognito profile tended to be just that. Imagine the surprise of them encountering a famous stud on their date? Speaking of such a social outing.

"Tonight, there's a charity event of sorts at the infamous Hearst Castle. Anyone who's someone plays a game out among the "Maze of love." It's not really a maze, but you have to play a few games to find that person you've been guessing at the end of it all. Not saying it's impossible. Just saying someone might score something tonight. If you're game for it, come on by and do a few interviews. You might like it. All profits are going towards a great cause, of course."

Once everything was said and done, he rolled his blue eyes and let out a deep sigh. Boy, how he hated doing those things all the time. He might have to take a page from some of the other celebrities and just stop having interviews. If it wasn't to promote the new album, a soundtrack for an upcoming film and just a catch up on his life in general, he would have done just that.

"Hey," he called out to one of his Bodyguards. "Which one has my coffee and which one has my phone."

He had to text his virtual significant other the good news about tonight.
Kaion had been working as a bouncer in various nightclubs, never had he imagined that his days as a bouncer would lead him to being a celebrity's body guard, yet here he was.  Though, perhaps bodyguard wasn't quite the word he would use to describe his 'job.'

Kaion was new on the scene, so he didn't figure he had a whole lot of responsibilities, but he was quick to find out that whatever the celebrity -in this case, Ryan Chance- wanted, he had to get him.  So, when the pompous young man requested his coffee and cellphone, Kaion made his way over and handed the items to his 'boss' with a nod of his head.  He had no interest in really speaking with Ryan, he just wanted to get the job done and move on, as was the custom.

Kaion had spent a great portion of his life running guns, drugs, and other miscellaneous illegal items, so running coffee and other crazy whims from a wannabe teenager, it was rough on the former gangster.  He hated taking orders from a pretty-boy and he hated having to deal with the narcissist himself, but he did it because the money was good and he needed the job more than he needed anything else.  

Kaion's only reprieve from 'living' the day-to-day lifestyle of a celebrity, or at least looking in from the outer edges, was that he had met someone online, who lived near to him, and he was able to text him quite a bit.  They hadn't met yet, but there were plans of meeting very soon, and Kaion couldn't help but be a little excited.  He found himself very attracted to the personality of his SO, and he hoped that this would be the answer to his prayers, that he would be able to settle down with his virtual partner in real life, plan for a family and everything else that came with it.
[Image: 8Ww3nNU.png]
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot force a horse to drink.

Coffee and phone handed to him. There should have been no problem, if the beverage were cold and not laced with some form of chocolate.

"You know, I hate to be that person, but I'm definitely going to be," Ryan stated when looking at his new set of bodyguards. "It's probably not any of you guys fault, rather the assistant I asked to get it."

He took a slight sip, gagging in discomfort before spitting it in the trash. "Yeah, okay no. This is loaded with chocolate and it's too hot. What are they trying to do? Damage my vocals?"

He glanced over at the fella with the braids. Kaina, was it? No...He would just have to call him something else.

"Kai, pal, do me a favor and take this back to the dressing room."

Once Kai was out of his premises, he gazed over at the other guard. "And you...just umm...stand there for now...until the ride comes, maybe?"

It was so weird having to constantly rely on a new set of professional help. Ryan could be a Divo, a male Diva, when it came to it, but at least he had some slight privacy to engage his little buddy on the dating app with a small set of privacy he wouldn't have had with the two guards near his neck and throat. Figuratively.

"Hey hotshot," he texted. "How's the day treating you so far?"