Pandemic talk
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is well with the pandemic? How do you cope with the lockdown in your country? Here in Canada it is pretty bad!
Well, depending on what government official you ask, here in the US it's either some form of breathtaking cognitive denial like A: a hoax made up by the Democrats, B: not our problem because our state has fewer cases, or C: let's sacrifice our elderly and workforce upon the altar of capitalist economy.

Or some have come to the acceptance of the fact that we really need to take the quarantine guidelines seriously, type of coping.

I have "feelings" about some of our leaders.
I'm on lockdown all week, but being cautious and spending time with my family, I realize most of the world (hopefully) will be alright and the global covid19 pandemic will come to an end sometime this year.
Father of 3 children wanting to share the experience of pregnancy with my wife (I love her and her ability to bring life to the world).   Heart
We are in lockdown too in Quebec.

It is gonna be very long before this pandemic stop.

I talk about all country! I know not to be able to go outside it’s tough for the mental state.
A message of encouragement in these tough times. Empower yourself!
I am unable to leave my home. I am in Newyork and it is awful seeing the news and realizing that many lives are being lost each day and many more are struggling to survive beyond where I live. I am aware that my hometown is not the only location devastated by the awful illness.  Cry To all affected by the cruel virus keep your head held high and strive through.
I, Silent Feather once thought that my life was just one long merry go round, mundane, repetitive, and just plain bore some but after meeting my beloved Nitrogen, all were changed. And as such had changed me, and when I mean that I mean for the positive, greater of a person I have become, a woman I am as well.

A full grown, bonafide Madame.
Here in Quebec we have 12 thousand cases! I didn’t have my house a month and a half now.
I've been fortunate enough to remain at work throughout the 'first wave', so barring a lack of going out (literally just going back and forth to work during lockdown), it's been a case of 'as you were' for me. The company I work for has come through it reasonably okay I'm relived to say. Only one member of staff had to be laid off - and that member of staff I know for a fact was literally a week away from handing in her notice anyway.

Over the last few months I've been able to get out and about again, but not quite on the same level as before. At this moment in time, I'd say I'm running at about '70% normality' if that makes any sense.

If there is to be a 'second wave' (I'm in the UK) as some are predicting with cases on the rise again, I'm not so sure my employer will get away as lightly as last time. Business slumped the first time around and whilst we got through it, it ate into the 'buffer' we had. We won't have that luxury the second time around and many more jobs will be at risk if we're left just 'ticking over' for a few months again.

It's still worrying times.
I'm still recovering from Covid. I had it back in April.
APRIL.
It's brutal. My heart and my left lung are fucked... but being me I grabbed death by the taint, said "Nah bitch" and here I am, for better or worse alongside my fellow kinky people.
This year been rough everywhere..
 No longer RP Active 
Going straight down to hell when I die. 

I've been handling it better than some people. I'm pretty sure I got the virus as well, but only experienced mild symptoms and got better after about two weeks or so. I was already unemployed when it already started. I'm a pretty unsocial person in general and kind of a hermit so the whole lock down thing barely affected me. There has been literally no difference in how I live my life.
--------
Why do drugs when you can just watch a Baz Luhrmann film?
Quebec is back on lockdown we are on the second wave and the rest of Canada doing more better than Quebec.
Things have been pretty tough for me here in Missouri, USA. At first things were going pretty good for me during these crazy times we are living in. Recently I lost my cat, Kami, he died last month and it’s still hard for me to talk about cause he meant a lot to me. I also quit my job cause there were too many changes happening all the time so now I’m just looking when I can for another job. Let’s just say things are tough and I’m sure it’s still tough for everyone else as well. Before my cat died he was the one thing that was keeping me going through this pandemic, even though places have reopened it doesn’t mean we are out of the woods yet with this pandemic.

Well I hope everyone else is staying safe and keep being safe.
I’m so sorry for your cat kpeery.

I didn’t work at all this year my 3 jobs didn’t open.
It is very hard to be on lockdown again because people didn’t respect the rules to save people.
(10-03-2020, 08:00 AM)Redbane Wrote: I'm still recovering from Covid. I had it back in April.
APRIL.
It's brutal. My heart and my left lung are fucked... but being me I grabbed death by the taint, said "Nah bitch" and here I am, for better or worse alongside my fellow kinky people.
This year been rough everywhere..

My half-sis and her BF had rather mild cases back in July, they said when CA reopened restaurants for indoor dining, they caught the COVID from there. I feel sorry for those who were infected and esp. for those who lost their lives in the pandemic. I try hard to avoid getting infected in my grocery store job, although 6 or 7 months went by, it's still out there and we're having second spikes in every single one of our 50 states either in the summer (CA's case and the southern states) and now the fall (NY state and Midwest).
Father of 3 children wanting to share the experience of pregnancy with my wife (I love her and her ability to bring life to the world).   Heart
In Quebec is more worst because we have the most cases in Canada. People doesn’t want to understand to protect the people who are at risk to respect the lockdown.
In my state in the US our governor held off doing anything about it until our positivity rate became 3rd worst in the world (not country, the world!!). Only then did they acknowledge the issue. Problem is they've still responded piss poorly and numbers are still skyrocketing. Doesn't help that 90% of the state is rural and most folk think it's some kind of "liberal propaganda." Ya, tell that to my buddy who almost died from it. He lost 30 lbs in a week, was bed ridden for a month, and even after he has gone nearly two months without symptoms and tested negative, he still wheezes when he breathes and has cognitive function issues. He can't remember how to do most moderate or complex tasks. He hasn't been able to go back to work because he doesn't remember how to do his job. He is messed up. But ya, liberal propaganda...
When it seems like no one else loves you, remember that I do.
Quote:In my state in the US our governor held off doing anything about it until our positivity rate became 3rd worst in the world (not country, the world!!). Only then did they acknowledge the issue. Problem is they've still responded piss poorly and numbers are still skyrocketing. Doesn't help that 90% of the state is rural and most folk think it's some kind of "liberal propaganda." Ya, tell that to my buddy who almost died from it. He lost 30 lbs in a week, was bed ridden for a month, and even after he has gone nearly two months without symptoms and tested negative, he still wheezes when he breathes and has cognitive function issues. He can't remember how to do most moderate or complex tasks. He hasn't been able to go back to work because he doesn't remember how to do his job. He is messed up. But ya, liberal propaganda...
Apparently there are some people who are on the verge of dying in the hospital with the disease and still don't believe it's real.
--------
Why do drugs when you can just watch a Baz Luhrmann film?
I don't have much to add, but I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy
Yes be safe everyone!
First my half-sis, then my step-sis (last month) and now in 2021, my bro all had mild COVID cases on 3 separate occasions. CA is having the worst spike in the world and L.A. is the epicenter, already CA is back on lockdown and just when a new vaccine has arrived, a more contagious variant appears which has brought the UK out of all nations on another lockdown. 90 million (1 billion possibly) now infected and 2 million dead.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wouldn't be able to talk about this IRL Dadmom 1 1,229 04-03-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Belly Button
Shocked someone to talk to pregnantscubasteve40 18 10,925 02-04-2016, 12:52 AM
Last Post: ethei