Looking for a television episode
Question 
I'm looking for an episode of a Mandarin/Cantonese-speaking series. 

Briefly about the series: The genre is police procedural/police crime drama (like Forensic Heroes) but the cases are often related to spiritual subjects (ghosts, voodoos, etc.). The main 2 protagonists are the opposite: the female lead believes in the superstitions while the male always has to prove that those are just hoaxes/fakes.

Okay about the episode (some details might be wrong or mixed up with other movies/series since I've watched it a long time ago):
It starts with one of the (second) protagonists (who is a cop/detective) getting a message from a celebrity friend asking him to come and help him out. There's a rumor that the celebrity used voodoo to get to where he's at, and because of a mistake his physical and mental state is unstable. He locked himself up in his apartment with a small altar in his room for a while now. The protagonist comes to ask a few things just to see that the celeb became pale with a really big belly, he comes back and tries to help a few times but doesn't work the celebrity ends up burning himself alive in his apartment.
The detectives find out who did that to him and follow her trace to her lab where she stores parasites that will make the host bellies' swell up and eat them from the inside. And she burns herself in the lab too.
And accidentally, one of the characters gets the parasites and his physical and mental health go downfall real fast. And to make things worse, he gets emotional and runs away in some dark alley (I don't complain cause he's a really good-looking guy with a real nice bump). A female colleague has to calm him down and convinces him to go back to the hospital. When he almost dies, a forensic finds out a way to get those parasites out: put a leech/another kind of parasites into his body and let them kill each other.

More about the series: it's an old series. Based on the image I recall it must be from 80s to the early 2000s. I tried to find it with my language and English keywords but there's no hope, it seems like the series was not that famous amongst the crime genre series. But I think in the right keywords in Mandarin/Cantonese we can find it with ease.
Thank you in advance whoever got the answers  Heart
(12-15-2021, 11:25 AM)peter0107 Wrote: I'm looking for an episode of a Mandarin/Cantonese-speaking series. 

Briefly about the series: The genre is police procedural/police crime drama (like Forensic Heroes) but the cases are often related to spiritual subjects (ghosts, voodoos, etc.). The main 2 protagonists are the opposite: the female lead believes in the superstitions while the male always has to prove that those are just hoaxes/fakes.

Okay about the episode (some details might be wrong or mixed up with other movies/series since I've watched it a long time ago):
It starts with one of the (second) protagonists (who is a cop/detective) getting a message from a celebrity friend asking him to come and help him out. There's a rumor that the celebrity used voodoo to get to where he's at, and because of a mistake his physical and mental state is unstable. He locked himself up in his apartment with a small altar in his room for a while now. The protagonist comes to ask a few things just to see that the celeb became pale with a really big belly, he comes back and tries to help a few times but doesn't work the celebrity ends up burning himself alive in his apartment.
The detectives find out who did that to him and follow her trace to her lab where she stores parasites that will make the host bellies' swell up and eat them from the inside. And she burns herself in the lab too.
And accidentally, one of the characters gets the parasites and his physical and mental health go downfall real fast. And to make things worse, he gets emotional and runs away in some dark alley (I don't complain cause he's a really good-looking guy with a real nice bump). A female colleague has to calm him down and convinces him to go back to the hospital. When he almost dies, a forensic finds out a way to get those parasites out: put a leech/another kind of parasites into his body and let them kill each other.

More about the series: it's an old series. Based on the image I recall it must be from 80s to the early 2000s. I tried to find it with my language and English keywords but there's no hope, it seems like the series was not that famous amongst the crime genre series. But I think in the right keywords in Mandarin/Cantonese we can find it with ease.

Well based on your description for the storyline I believe the video you are looking for is a good 1997 Hong Kong drama called 迷离档案… EP 12-13

Here is a short clip I found on YouTube for ep 12

https://youtu.be/BkC6fTD3qoE

Hope it helps :)
(12-15-2021, 11:39 AM)chongyanjing Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 11:25 AM)peter0107 Wrote: I'm looking for an episode of a Mandarin/Cantonese-speaking series. 

Well based on your description for the storyline I believe the video you are looking for is a good 1997 Hong Kong drama called 迷离档案… EP 12-13

Here is a short clip I found on YouTube for ep 12

https://youtu.be/BkC6fTD3qoE

Hope it helps :)

OMG It's what I'm looking for. Thank you so much!  Heart
Now looking back at it I got the first half details mixed up with other series, do you happen to have any idea where those details are from?

Also, here's a link for everyone to watch (it's in vietdub), the series' name is Mystery Files 1997 in English: 
https://vphimzz.net/xem-phim/mystery-fil...ap-12.html
This sounds a lot like the “Ice” episode of the X-files as well, minus the pregnant bellies.
(12-16-2021, 05:17 AM)Midasmpreg Wrote: This sounds a lot like the “Ice” episode of the X-files as well, minus the pregnant bellies.

Yeah maybe they got inspired from X-files, even the names of the series are quite similar 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't find the episode: Camera Cafe - España mystere882000 4 4,638 11-26-2020, 11:48 PM
Last Post: woodywood101
  迷离档案 Episode 11 pirateking1256 2 6,790 06-26-2016, 07:30 PM
Last Post: pirateking1256
Thumbs Down I wish that Henry danger episode having Mpreg Preggo! 3 6,069 06-05-2015, 05:53 AM
Last Post: pregboy89