Proposals thread - READ BEFORE YOU ASK FOR RPS!
Mods - if this is more appropriate elsewhere then by all means move it but I wanted it to be noticed.

So I have just had hours, HOURS of my day wasted because a user I will not name didn't take the time (then lied about) reading my proposals and contact thread! I downloaded yahoo messenger which I did not really want to use because I was excited to have a new friend to IM with and it turns out his two key elements to any rp are my two key HATES about any rp!

I have had to uninstall all the additional toolbars and 'smileys' that came with yahoo as I only wnated the messenger service. I even got a virus on my computer because I got scammed by an official looking yahoo site before fidnign the real one.

Now the virus etc is not the users fault I realise that, but my time and effort could have been saved if he'd bothered to read my thread to make sure we're a match!

Please people do the respectable thing - the proposals thread is there for a reason.

rant over.
This is why you should take time to actually talk to someone who approaches you for an RP before you actually start writing with them. If someone sends me a PM to roleplay, I make a point to ask them if they read my player profile. Even if they say yes, I limit communication to just PMs until I know for sure they really did. Ask them what kind of plot they have in mind. Better yet, ask them what it was about your likes/dislikes they found compatible. If they can't answer you with a reasonable answer, then turn them down. I understand this experience was frustrating, but you can't just jump at every opportunity to RP. Make sure your interests are being met.
"Will you walk into my parlor?" said the Spider to the Fly.
Well normally I do, but he lied to me about reading my thread. That's why I wasn't so pushy on the matter of double checking.

Will now of course make a real point of double checking, maybe even triple checking.
https://imo.im/ Web interface for many IM channels. No installing anything. It is what I use.
(05-09-2013, 12:08 PM)BigPregBelly Wrote: https://imo.im/ Web interface for many IM channels. No installing anything. It is what I use.

Whoa cool, good to know!

Anyway, I guess since this is sorta a complain thread, just a reminder to use common decency would be nice. Just because I really, really want to RP at a point doesn't give you a reason to capsyell and buzz the heck out of me if I'm not responding/say I'm busy. Once, in the middle of a conversation, makes sense. Multiple times when I haven responded? Calm down, I probably just walked away, but now I have no want to chat because you've been rather rude. /angry post over
So I just got yet another message from a user who wants to do birth rp via video link.

Told him/her to do me a favour and go read my info before asking me pointless questions about stuff i'm not into.

One more of these and i'll just right out block such users instead of simply telling them to go read my information.
(05-13-2013, 12:07 PM)xHappyBumpx Wrote: One more of these and i'll just right out block such users instead of simply telling them to go read my information.

That almost seems like the best course of action, sometimes. After all, if they ignore the information you provide up front, then the way I see it, you have every right to ignore their message, too.
(05-15-2013, 04:07 AM)Mark Wrote:
(05-13-2013, 12:07 PM)xHappyBumpx Wrote: One more of these and i'll just right out block such users instead of simply telling them to go read my information.

That almost seems like the best course of action, sometimes. After all, if they ignore the information you provide up front, then the way I see it, you have every right to ignore their message, too.

Well I was initially gonna say i'll report these users to the mods but then I figured t was just my bad mood taking over from my justifiable frustration.
RAGE!!!! It's so unbelievably rude to pm someone without even attempting to find out about the person you're talking to! I have been bombarded with requests about YIM rps and I have lost count of the number of times across threads and posts I've stated that I hate Yim and refuse to have it on my laptop. I've given every other option countless times. It makes me so angry! It's a lack of the very basic common courtesy. When I want to rp with someone I check out some of their posts, their props and cons thread (if they have one) to make sure I'm not sending pointless irritating messages. From now on people who do this ate going on the blocked list. RAGE!
That's the risk you take for posting up your info, Happy. It sucks and it's not fair, but it's also not really something the mods can police.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
I know, sorry. Was just so frustrating!
Oh no! I am new to the board and just read this. I asked several members (not all with RP info) if they wanted to chat. My apologiez! :/ I hope I wont get banned.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thread deleted joshlg_uk 3 3,897 10-13-2018, 07:07 AM
Last Post: joshlg_uk
  Editing Thread Names 4k5i6t7t8y 1 4,191 04-23-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Buggy Girl
  Open vs. Closed RPs? pregnancywanted 16 9,522 01-17-2016, 01:22 AM
Last Post: TheKicking
  Images/Videos Not Displaying Properly in Thread Lyric 0 1,796 01-15-2016, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Lyric
  Thread comments/reply adjustments? Frisby2007 3 2,841 07-25-2015, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Buggy Girl
  Can we do fandom rps? Emmy_Cathy 1 1,821 08-09-2014, 01:48 AM
Last Post: TheKicking
  Thread Title Icons Plutexian Mpregger 3 2,560 01-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Plutexian Mpregger
  Which do you think is better, separate or same thread? Faunus 3 3,032 03-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Faunus
Music Can I start thread involeing fpreg and mpreg? MaleFemalePregnancyLover 2 3,071 03-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Last Post: MaleFemalePregnancyLover