Hey guys - I've been tinkering with the new profile system for a while and I ran into a slight issue with the avatar system, and I just wanted to get some input from other members on some technical advice. I was trying to use my original display picture from the old mpreg forums because that's what people "know" me as, at least for now, but the problem I ran into was the file size limitations on avatars uploaded from the computer. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't find an image file that was 10 KB or below anywhere on my hard drive (and yes they were all jpegs), which is the size limit. Instead, I had to go find a new picture and use the URL link option, which does not have the same limitations from what I can tell.

Is anyone else having problems with uploading an avatar from their computer? If not, I might be doing something wrong. Does anyone have any tips on shrinking the file size of an image file?

... okay, that's weird... I just went back to my profile control panel and now it says there's a 50 KB limit. What happened?
Your introduction reminded me that I needed to increase the KB limit. Sorry for the confusion!
I realize that 10 KB is pretty low--is 50 more of an acceptable amount? I'm not much of a technical person, so this is very much a trial & error type of thing.
Ah yes, 50 is much better. The one I was using on the old site was 34 KB, and a couple of the others I was considering were around 50 (52 to be exact, and that's with some cropping room), so 50 KB should be good.

EDIT: Of course, now though I love my little drifloon too much to change him! <3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Personal Avatars and NSFW darkfanboy 2 3,371 02-08-2019, 05:44 AM
Last Post: TheKicking