COOKING,CUISINE
I don't know if it's a thread here to speak about cuisine or cooking.(I watch 3 hours of spanish Kitchen Hell and american version too)
I love to cook and also love to taste different cuisines.

any other preggo chef around here?

we are from different parts of the world so we can share the different plates.

So I've made to all of you a few questions about it:

-who cook in your house? (if it's you, how often do you cook and what?)
-what is your favourite plate?
-what do you never wouldn't eat? (In my case I can't eat nothing with peas or fish with bone?
-which kind of cuisine you like the most?
-did you tried to cook while being preggo?
-do you like or hate fast food? which one you love and which one you hate?

ok my answers:
- I live by myself so.even when I'm at mom house I cook. Just when I work in hotels I used to eat on the staff buffet.
-my one is bread toasted with tomato and garlic scrubed on it,bit oil and serrano ham (iberic cured ham).
-plates I hate: any with peas,chickpeas, fish with bone,spinach,broccoli or brussels or purple cabbage (I only like the cabbage on the kebab)
-I love italian cuisine, spanish (of course),indian cuisine, greek and arabigan cuisine, scottish cuisine
- yes and now with the empathy belly on is imposible. I can't reach to the cook and I finish with a delicious meal but a big back pain
-I love fast food a lot.I love specially kebabs and burguer king.I really don't like fish&chips and italian restaurant.They never cook properly any pasta,rissoto or pizza.Or maybe like I love to cook italian cuisine I think I don't wanna pay a lot for something I can cook better by myself

so pregnant chefs. wellcome to the place to make grow your bumps LOL
in spain a proverb says: they go in labor they decide.... I WANNA DECIDE TOO..

I'm glad you posted this.

I'm no great cook by any stretch of the imagination but I kind of consider myself a little tiny bit of a foodie.

I have a deep appreciation for gourmet and unusual dishes.

I live alone with my toddler so I do the cooking but he LOVES to help me :)

My favorite dishes are meat pies, shrimp scampi, anything too garlicky or too ancient feeling :D

I cannot swallow tomatoes or cooked mushrooms. They make my stomach toss them...

My favorite cuisine is Indian. I also adore medieval European recipes because I'm a European history / culture fanatic. I also love pretty much all foods that have fun flavors and intention.

When I was pregnant I couldn't stand frozen foods. They made me ill. I could only cook fresh food for myself.
I once ate a spinach and chicken meal at a restaurant and threw it all up in the sink ewww. My husband at the time when I was pregnant loved fried rice and veggies and to this day the smell of that makes me sick.

My favorite fast food is tiny Mexican restaurants here in Arizona. I love to get the California burrito with lots of quacamole. Mmmm. I can overlook the tomato in the pico de gallo because it's so good.

Normally I hate Mexican food but those places are awesome.

As bad as I am, I am proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem
that's a good point, It's so funny because pregnant girl use to love or hate foods when they get pregnant. I remember once that she can't smell fried fish. and some hate something and when they get pregnant they eat like it's not tomorrow.....
did you have any special craving?

About medieval european food. I went to Budapest (hungary) and we went to a kind of place where they cooked a dinner with lot of food, but the tables (wood made) the waitress (all dress like they were a mix of octoberfest and a medieval festival)and the food (all game like deer, wild pig,etc grilled or rosted with marmelade) reminds me a big medieval king celebration.

(06-12-2013, 12:31 PM)embarazado Wrote: that's a good point, It's so funny because pregnant girl use to love or hate foods when they get pregnant. I remember once that she can't smell fried fish. and some hate something and when they get pregnant they eat like it's not tomorrow.....
did you have any special craving?

I craved chocolate, and like you described I didn't like chocolate at all before I got pregnant.
I craved sweet things and I do not normally have a sweet tooth.
One bite of a cookie is plenty of sugar for me normally, but when I was pregnant I craved anything sweet. Juice, maple syrup, candy, ice cream, etc. so in order to stay healthy I would make sure to have a bar of dark chocolate in the cupboard at all times so I could just take a couple bites of that and it would satisfy my craving for junk food without going crazy on sugar.

I also enjoyed the hell out of rice krispie cereal lol. Once in a while I would eat a big bowl of those with whole goat's milk. I moaned through every bite it was so good to me.
I still like it but it doesn't taste as amazing as it did then lol

Quote:About medieval european food. I went to Budapest (hungary) and we went to a kind of place where they cooked a dinner with lot of food, but the tables (wood made) the waitress (all dress like they were a mix of octoberfest and a medieval festival)and the food (all game like deer, wild pig,etc grilled or rosted with marmelade) reminds me a big medieval king celebration.

Oh my gosh, that sounds like absolute heaven! I probably would have cried from happiness lol.

I got to the renaissance festival here but the feast is never any good. So disappointing.

The best food I think I've ever had was in Poland. I would spend my days at the stables with the girls that looked after the horses and the food they would eat when they took a break was amazing. So simple, but so incredible.

Fresh bread and ham and butter. Apricot pastries. Strawberries and raspberries with cream. Lentil salad.

In Ireland I had the Irish Breakfast, just once, but I will never forget it. It's one of the most memorable meals I've ever had. So good and I wasn't expecting it to taste so delicious.

I've recently discovered how much I love crawfish too. I think it tastes even better than shrimp or lobster or crab and I love those.

There's a restaurant here called Wildflower. They have "bruschetta" but they make it with roasted red bell peppers instead of tomatoes, balsamic glaze and other things, sometimes they add asparagus (I LOVE asparagus. Also cauliflower I could eat all day!) Anyway.

I love good food lol. I could probably talk about this all day!

As bad as I am, I am proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem
I see. hahaahaha

I'm a food lover myself as well. I love eat but I also loves cook. It relax me so much (I play music in my iphone and I cook like it's just my kitchen and me and the rest of the world doesn't exist).

I love all kind of seafood: musels, shrimp, spider crab (a friend of mine cooked that at Christmas and wow so delicious) just don't like clams (the one from the sea hahaha).

the best "british" breakfast for me is the scottish they put black pudding, sausages, a kind of square hambuger (I've never seen square hamburguer in my life)with scrambble eggs, a kind of pancake made with potato, mushrooms and grilled tomato (they also put the beans but I hate beans so.....). You can walk the whole Highlands with a plate of that. I really get amazed by the scottish cuisine because my experience with brittish cooker and cuisine was horrible (I worked with a english chef that was the worst one of the world. I really want that Gordon Ramsey met him because he made bad everything even a simple plate of bolognese pasta or a spanish omelette).