COOKING,CUISINE
(06-12-2013, 12:31 PM)embarazado Wrote: that's a good point, It's so funny because pregnant girl use to love or hate foods when they get pregnant. I remember once that she can't smell fried fish. and some hate something and when they get pregnant they eat like it's not tomorrow.....
did you have any special craving?

I craved chocolate, and like you described I didn't like chocolate at all before I got pregnant.
I craved sweet things and I do not normally have a sweet tooth.
One bite of a cookie is plenty of sugar for me normally, but when I was pregnant I craved anything sweet. Juice, maple syrup, candy, ice cream, etc. so in order to stay healthy I would make sure to have a bar of dark chocolate in the cupboard at all times so I could just take a couple bites of that and it would satisfy my craving for junk food without going crazy on sugar.

I also enjoyed the hell out of rice krispie cereal lol. Once in a while I would eat a big bowl of those with whole goat's milk. I moaned through every bite it was so good to me.
I still like it but it doesn't taste as amazing as it did then lol

Quote:About medieval european food. I went to Budapest (hungary) and we went to a kind of place where they cooked a dinner with lot of food, but the tables (wood made) the waitress (all dress like they were a mix of octoberfest and a medieval festival)and the food (all game like deer, wild pig,etc grilled or rosted with marmelade) reminds me a big medieval king celebration.

Oh my gosh, that sounds like absolute heaven! I probably would have cried from happiness lol.

I got to the renaissance festival here but the feast is never any good. So disappointing.

The best food I think I've ever had was in Poland. I would spend my days at the stables with the girls that looked after the horses and the food they would eat when they took a break was amazing. So simple, but so incredible.

Fresh bread and ham and butter. Apricot pastries. Strawberries and raspberries with cream. Lentil salad.

In Ireland I had the Irish Breakfast, just once, but I will never forget it. It's one of the most memorable meals I've ever had. So good and I wasn't expecting it to taste so delicious.

I've recently discovered how much I love crawfish too. I think it tastes even better than shrimp or lobster or crab and I love those.

There's a restaurant here called Wildflower. They have "bruschetta" but they make it with roasted red bell peppers instead of tomatoes, balsamic glaze and other things, sometimes they add asparagus (I LOVE asparagus. Also cauliflower I could eat all day!) Anyway.

I love good food lol. I could probably talk about this all day!

As bad as I am, I am proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem

Messages In This Thread
COOKING,CUISINE - by embarazado - 06-07-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: COOKING,CUISINE - by Goddess - 06-11-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: COOKING,CUISINE - by embarazado - 06-12-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: COOKING,CUISINE - by Goddess - 06-12-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: COOKING,CUISINE - by embarazado - 06-13-2013, 12:45 AM