CARTOOOOOONS.
There was a general TV thread, but I want to talk specifically about cartoons -- and I'm not counting anime here; I'm talking about, like, good ol' fashion American animation.

I watch enough cartoons that one day last summer when my neighbors were hanging outside on the stoop I overheard the following:

Neighbor 1: That girl watches a lot of cartoons.
Neighbor 2: Yeah, she's watching Venture Brothers.

Which I totally was and I found it awesome that the neighbors knew that.

ANYWHO.

What cartoons do you guys watch?

My favorites at the moment are Regular Show (this is a new love and I find it hilarious), Smurfs (reliving my childhood FTW), Venture Bros. and Futurama (seriously, what's not to love about these two???).

I also watch the Simpsons (I've seen almost every episode), Family Guy, the Cleaveland Show, American Dad (my favorite of the MacFarlane batch), and King of the Hill (Hank reminds me of my dad).

Oh, and I like robots, too. Transformers G1, Transformers: Animated and Beast Wars (which is my FAAAAAVORITE). I've seen a few episodes of Prime, which I didn't dislike, but never got into, and I have yet to watch Rescue Bots.
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
(03-04-2012, 01:52 AM)Buggy Girl Wrote: King of the Hill (Hank reminds me of my dad).

My Dad is like .... 100% just like Hank. Prude, perfectionist, talks very little I TELL YOU WUT. I'm not the only one with a Hank Hill for a Dad, good to know D:

But to get on topic. Regular Show and Adventure Time :3 Anyone remember the MARVELOUS MISADVENTURES OF FLAPJACK? I loved that show~♥ The Amazing World of Gumball is okay too. AdultSwim cartoons: American Dad. Me and the Mom-unit love that show, mainly for Roger :3 King of the Hill and METALOCALYPSE.I do watch a little Spongebob Squarepants here and there, but the new material really ... sucks. The older episodes are much better.

One last cartoon.... My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Its the best thing since sliced bread.
Tangerine Queen and Archduchess of all Citrus
I absolutely ADORED Megas-XLR because it was a show that was just plain fun >:3 you had a couple of slacker gamers who somehow got ahold of a giant robot, and affixed a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda for its cockpit/head and together they Destroy Jersey City on a-I mean fight evil yes! And find mundane uses for a sixty foot mecha. Like using it to go to Drive in theaters or watch a city parade. When its too hot to fly he just walks in traffic XD and he has little to no control over the damn thing.

I have episodes if anyone wants them!

ALSO------I adore Venture Brothers (fucking loved the 21+24 comraderie), Adventure Time, and I grew up on shows like the Bionic Six (STILL POPULAR IN GERMANY) and Thundercats/Bravestar
[Image: totallynotbroken.gif]
Okay, I figured I'd post this in the cartoon thread, because it doesn't really fit in the actual mpreg sightings section and DOES pertain to my cartoon loves and IS relevant to our mpreg interests.

Here is a clip from tonight's new Regular Show, "Gut Model" (which will air again on Thursday night at 8:30): Mommy Man
Beavis and Butthead. I still love it!
Mpreg Central's resident gearhead princess!
Oh my gawd! A discussion can really sink my teeth into. Dispite my age(don't judge me!) I am a total toon fiend. A friend of mine and I discuss and lament our favorite cartoons constantly. My friend will not watch American Dad until someone kills Roger. When I watch the show with my head lowered into the palm of my hand I constantly ask myself "why does any of the family even listen to Roger, and why have they not killed him yet." She says there would be not show without Roger, and I disagree, there is enough family dysfunction to keep the show, not just going, but thriving. Mcfarlane is way craze enough to keep us mesmerized. She will not watch any of his other shows either.

I am so disappionted with cartoon network. It was the only reason I have cable at all. I can not get into Adventure time or Regular show, and none of the live action stuff. It is called cartoon network after all. I like Mad, It is so much like the name sake magazine. I adore The fairly odd parents. I love a show that has dialogue like "oh my speen" and Cosmo stating the personal observation "There wasn't one manly word in that sentence." And come on, they had a whole hour devoted to a mpreg moment for Cosmo (he both worries and delights me.) A subject right up our ally. Love Jimmy Neutron, dislike Planet Sheen, but enjoyed Sheen on Jimmy Neutron. Go figure, not to like the spin-off.

I enjoy (but should not watch, ever!) Boondocks. It is oh so very wrong! It is a major gilty and forbiden pleasure. I feel I have to scourge my skin, eyes and ears after watching it. The show uses the "N"-word over 20 times per episode, and call women b*tchs rather than use their given names. But I love the fact that Samuel L. Jackson is the voice for a white man (Gin Rummy) it cracks me up just thinking about that. Samuel L. Jackson is in everything. Hardest working man in the film industry (Afro samuri as well, man! An anima I refuse to watch. Gore and language.) I think the late master Bushdo Brown is taylored after that anima charactor.

I also enjoy The Venture brothers, It is another guilty pleasure (Patrick Warburton seems to turn up in every thing as well.) Because of language and/or gore there are alot of Adult swim cartoons I refuse to allow myself to watch.

Comedy central also produces alot of cartoons that hit my list of guilty pleasures. Ugly americans, Futurama (just a pleasure, no guilt). I can not do South park, ever. Every so often I try to watch and feel ashamed for even thinking about it, much less trying to. I have other issues with Stone and Parker (Team America) I can not delve into right now. Drawn together-No! Cleaver but no.

But back to Cartoon network. I enjoyed Dexter's laboritory, Johnny Brovo, Cow and Chicken (way sick) and I just recently discovered that Mcfarlane had a hand in their production, which answers a lot of questions (personal meanderings.) All of the Ben 10 incarnation, Generator Rex (Di Maggio is getting up there in the character work as well), Young justice (though it can not replace Teen Titans), I would like to see Simbiotic Titan return, like the other works under Genny Tarkaovsky (Samuri Jack's producer) were ended ubuptly. Though I am not proud to say I like Johnny Test (didn't see that comming.) Power puff girls-great (again Genny Tarkaovsky)! Fosters home for imaginary friend, Kids next door, Ed Edd and Eddy (butterd toast, mmm.) Megas XLR was the total bomb! It tortured and roasted anime constanly! I aboslutly loved the show! It should never have ended, I cry when ever I think about it. At least I was able to get the DVD, I watch it with my nephew and got it as a present for my friend. I feel the new Looney Toons is a saddly anemic atempt at the beloved shorts. But I really enjoyed Duck Doger of the 24 and 1/2 century and Tazmania.

Several Nicktoons as well; Angry beavers, Zim the invader (sad), Rugrats, The wild Thornberrys, Rocko's modern world (also sick).

I loved Batman the animated series and could spend hours upon hours discussing how absolulty great it was and how much I miss it, and I am talking about hours, beleave me. As well as Superman, Justice league, all produce by warrner bros. and all the aboslute liveing end! They also produce greats like Animaiacs, spin-off Pinky and the Brain-narff, and my aboslute fave Freakazoid. When I show my nephews the DVD they look and me with a dead-pan expression and say 'that's just not right'; they are so young and naive.

Disney is on my list (people and/or things that I wish to eliminate.) Not because they do bad work. I have issue with how they stop production on really great cartoon series, and there are a lot of them. The art work is excellent, story and dialogue often very good. but after 3 years no matter how well the story, is it is stopped! Not ended, just stopped!

I am going to stop now because as you can see I can go on and on and..... And beleave me there is much more. Well thank for letting me vent and pontificate.
I used to like Beavis and Butthead when I was about 10 - 12 years old!

And Ren and Stimpy, Two Stupid Dogs
(03-07-2012, 11:10 PM)Sick twisted puppy Wrote: Oh my gawd! A discussion can really sink my teeth into. Dispite my age(don't judge me!) I am a total toon fiend.

By your list of toons you are likely a great deal younger than I am :)

My list is:

Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show
Scoobie Do, Where are you (The original)
Josie and the Pussycats
Pink Panther
Space Ghost (not the talk show)
The Jetsons
The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
Captain Caveman
Flintstones

Then in the 80's as a teenager LOL:

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Batman
Tarzan
Beetlejuice
The Real Ghostbusters
Transformers
The Incredible Hulk
The Thundercats
Voltron and Robotech (yeah yeah, anime)

Nowadays:

Family Guy
Futurama
Metalocalypse (Winning!)

And other Adult Swim productions that make me scratch my head and occasionally snicker but I still watch them because they are too bizarre not to.

That wraps it up for oldtimers.

Keisan -- I am not of your generation, but I still love the classics! I currently have a cable package that includes the Boomerang channel, and I spend time on weekends watching both the Flintstones and the Jetsons. I find both of them a little sexist at times -they are from a different time- but still LOL a lot.

Also, I was just talking with a couple friends the other day about how weird the Beetlejuice cartoon was -- I vaguely remember watching it with my brothers. It was so bizarre and almost no one remembers it.
Venture Brothers is my all-time favorite animated thing ever. Words cannot express my love for that show and my empathy with Dr. Venture. ..And, oh man, you guys mention Beetlejuice the cartoon - I thought that was the coolest show as a kid, lol. I also liked Earthworm Jim and and Freakazoid back in the glory days of TNT. I mean, an earthworm who without his super suit can't fight chrime and charm the ladies? Brilliant lol. These days I avoid 99% of the animated stuff on TV. Got rid of cable.
Oh contrair Kesian, what I recalled does not reflect 'age', I was just concidering how long I could rammble and trying not to over log what I remember. Here are just a few more to add to the list.

The producers of The Bulwinkle Show also created George of the jungle and featured Super Chicken among others, The hoppity hooper show during the '60s. The animation was not top notch (I enjoyed it) but the writing was stelar. Under dog, Kimba the white lion (Disney's lion king ripoff) I digress though it was anima. Hercules, Davie and Golith. Thouth it was not part of the time frame, my brothers and I were sucked in by the propaganda of Popeye the salor and got our butts kicked many a time. Tex Avery's cartoons, Tom and Jerry up until the '60s, Loony toons of course. Quite a few Hanna Barbara cartoons (even though the work was lazy and flat, it had funny moments.)

During the '70s Marvels attempt using comic book style stop animation. Iron Man, Thor, The Submarinar, Hulk, Captian America (I still sing the theme songs in my head at least once a week.) and Rocket Robinhood. Johny Quest, The Herculoids, Space Ghost, The Incredible Spider Man, School house rock, in all subjects, and I remember most of the songs. I did not watch it but I know the Godzilla show them song. I watched but could not respect the Super friends, The Archies, Sabrina the teenage witch. Before Ameican dad there was Wait til your father gets home.

The '80s throuth the '90s I enjoyed Beetlejuice, Bobby's World, Life with Louie, Ekk the cat was hilarious, my friend and I still laugh and talk about the character "The amazing Elmo" the elk, a race car driver who was always trying to win money for operations for his little brother Timmy. The terrible thunder lizards, the tick (animated version) The pirates of dark water, Tundar the barbarian, the animated versions of The Mask and Ace Ventura pet detective, Tiny toons adventures (it was suprisingly good), Reboot (very underratted) was very good example of CGI animation. The critic.

The MTV liquid television line-up. Aeon Flux, The Maxx. The head and a few others I can not readily recall. But they had a really trippy collection of toons. Daria was also very good.

TTFN whippersnappers.
Reality bites! And it's a well known fact that reality is the carrier of rabies .
When I was a kid, I was into a lot of the stuff of the day - shows like Looney Toons cartoons, He-Man, Thundercats, Voltron, Smurfs, Justice league, and Scooby-Doo (I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some, which I'll totally kick myself over when I remember them).

In the later '80s and ewarly '90s I did watch a lot of the Disney Afternoon shows (specifically Ducktails, Darkwing Duck, TailSpin, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, and Gummi Bears) as well as Tiny Toons.

Nowadays I largely watch Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Ben 10 (all series), and Naruto (watched all the originals and am working my way through Shippuden - I'm a bit behind where the series is now because I wait until each DVD is released so that I can watch it with the English dubbing, since I can't really stand how the characters sound in the original Japanese). I'm also working my way through Robotech (I'd watched some of the episodes back when they first came out, though not all of them, and wanted to revisit the series).

Quick edit: Yep, I knew I'd forget to mention some of the old cartoons I used to watch, like G.I. Joe, Inspector Gadget, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Back in the day (late 80's early 90's) I watched Ghost busters, Ninja Turtles and Batman. Then watched Spiderman and the old school cartoons that cartoon network re-air like Fantastic 4, Scooby doo and a few others. I had a sitter who taped daria and use to watch it to caught up what she missed or whatever and on tv the few weeks back it's on tv.I wanted to see what I missed out on and it was pretty sarcastic show and alright show. Now it's family guy, south park (watch it from he beginning up and still watches it), adult swims stuff
I love Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, Digimon, The old school Pokemon, and Rocket Power. :D
I love it!