MAGIC: THE GATHERING
Yes, MpregCentral, you read that right.
Does anyone here play? Of all my time on this board, I never thought to ask!
Heart ☣️ Heart ☣️ Heart
Yes but just with friends and almost never sober. After a few years off I've gotten back into collecting again but when I went to the local comic shop I was shocked to see young kids, nerds, and older guys all playing together having fun chatting...but there's no beer, no movies going on in the background, etc. I saw some planeswalker cards and someone asked if I liked making aggro or control decks and I had no idea what they were talking about. Apparently I was on the fringes of MTG too.
yeah dude. i still have my deck if u wanna play?
i love my preggo belly. dont u? lol
I never was into it but I know what you mean Labrat... I was big into wrestling than I dropped off for a while and now getting into it again slowly and I'm like what the hell is going on Vince Mcmahon no longer there and WWE is repeating the shit as they did in 1995-1999
That's the one trading card game that was the top fad at one point that I never did get into. I was a big player of Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Magi-natoin (to this day I LOOOOOOVE Magi-nation), but never Magic. Near as I can tell, Magi-nation was very similar to Magic, though. Any chance anyone here played Magi-nation? I lived in Oklahoma, and Oklahoma was literally the ONLY state in America that never signed up with the Magi-nation Council of Elders, meaning we were the only state to not have official tournaments or events =(
Kilix stockpiled 3!
Oh oh oh, Mr Kotter, Mr Kotter! I've been playing MtG since it started. I came in during beta. I still play, though my prefered formats are EDH/Commander and Legacy, I do play other formats for one good reason. I own my own hobby store. Magic is our #1 seller. I have played tons pf games in my life, but Magic and D&D are the one's that stick with me.
Yes, DarkFanBoy,
I wish I would have gotten into it during Beta! But alas, I got into it during 7th Edition...
I just barely barely got back into it with Innistrad, and onward to [as of this posting, Theros]!
How crazy was Dragons Maze, amirite?
Heart ☣️ Heart ☣️ Heart
Things have been pretty nuts all around for Magic. Sales are way up and unfortunately after market prices are overly manipulated by a single company right now. Never been a fan of standard, but I love EDH/Commander. Theros to date is my new favorite modern set. It is so full of story and vibrance.
Kinda thankful that I never got into it went to Kryptonite Kollectibles (comic book and collectible store up in Janesville wisconsin) yesterday and they had a bunch of rare cards and one was like $70.00 and the guys like well it was alot more back in it's hayday.
(09-24-2013, 05:43 AM)labrat Wrote: Yes but just with friends and almost never sober. After a few years off I've gotten back into collecting again but when I went to the local comic shop I was shocked to see young kids, nerds, and older guys all playing together having fun chatting...but there's no beer, no movies going on in the background, etc. I saw some planeswalker cards and someone asked if I liked making aggro or control decks and I had no idea what they were talking about. Apparently I was on the fringes of MTG too.

I'm going to cry it was fantastic!!!
(09-24-2013, 05:43 AM)labrat Wrote: Yes but just with friends and almost never sober. After a few years off I've gotten back into collecting again but when I went to the local comic shop I was shocked to see young kids, nerds, and older guys all playing together having fun chatting...but there's no beer, no movies going on in the background, etc. I saw some planeswalker cards and someone asked if I liked making aggro or control decks and I had no idea what they were talking about. Apparently I was on the fringes of MTG too.
Buddy, there is ALWAYS beer and white noise when I play magic lol. Usually reruns of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, some Guinness a bottle of rum and my artifact deck. I love the atmosphere of a good ol comic shop, but yeah...it's better when I'm having a good match with the geeks my own age.
I'm not a bad driver. I just drive drive better at an altitude of 3,500 feet where I'm not surrounded by morons.
Yeah, Magic is still a very popular game even today.
Don't be famous, be infamous...

PS: My name is misleading, I'm not into much of the dark RP stuff...
:D
I have a commander deck, but I never get much time to play, or partners that give me any real challenge.
I've been looking to get another commander deck, because the one I have was my starter... I got into it a year ago, so I guess you could say I'm still a nub at it...
But to be fair, the only people I played against were seasoned players with some insane decks... but the joke is on them because guess who their DM is in D&D?  Sleepy
 No longer RP Active 
Going straight down to hell when I die. 

I play a lot of commander, been in a slump lately though. Switched over to vampires from my Token Spam. I always tried to imagine that my token spam was me giving birth to hordes of critters on the battlefield, or my bedroom.

Yeah, i play a lot of card games, not only magic, i have the missfortune of liking annoying decks, like blue with negate stuff, mill blue, artifact blue. Also, in mtg arena, is so cool when teferi enters the battlefield, best planeswalker.
I'm back playing after a 6 year hiatus. My friend who got me into MTG left for another state, so I didn't play anymore but kept my cards. I started with the tenth ed stuff, Time Spiral...around that period. I don't play in tournaments or anything, so it's rather informal for decks when I play. I do like Commander, though my favorite deck is way too overpriced to buy, so I'm trying to piece it together.
"Just a little bigger please, these pants still fit!"  Heart
Anyone think that they just straight up copped out on Guilds? I feel like they just reprinted a bunch of stuff with different names.

I play modern, standard, and commander if anybody at Houston's plays hit me up Cuz it will be great to play magic with the mpreg community. Btw who did the pre release for Guilds of Ravnica
I ran a prerelease then played one on Arena.

Is playing arena fun? Maybe I'll start playing there

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Magic Potion Game mk_ka2760 14 11,702 10-20-2017, 02:18 AM
Last Post: SnowWolf