Video Games
(03-09-2012, 07:46 AM)Lyric Wrote: Ahh that sucks!

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending I chose yet... I just feel depressed.
I get way too emotionally attached to characters :'(

Yes, so I've been reading. I'm a girl who hates surprises, so reading spoilers is not usually a game killer for me-- it's about the journey, not the ending.

I'm getting depressed just reading about it. I won't give it away (I don't know who else is playing) but I've read that it is immensly dissatisfying...
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
Yeah... basically, enjoy the gameplay and the story. It's AMAZINGx10 until the ending.
I never saw a resolution for my romance, didn't get to see what happens to my fellow squad mates (besides two), didn't get to see how my last choice affected the galaxy beyond the cutscene that followed, and didn't get to see what happens to Earth (at least not in any great detail).
It just feels ... vague and incomplete. The Mass Effect arc deserved a better resolution. It didn't feel like a proper end to the series.

Oh well... Shepard's story is at an end now that he's saved the galaxy. Can I just say that his character is one of the greatest ever created in any video game that I've ever played? They did a great job with his character. Since playing the original Mass Effect all those years ago, I've really become attached to him.

I'm hoping they continue the Mass Effect world through another game and another character, though I'll miss Shepard a ton. I'm completely in LOVE with this universe they created.

Still, the game is a 9/10 in my book. The possible ending choices deducted that final point, imo.
(03-09-2012, 09:26 AM)Lyric Wrote: Yeah... basically, enjoy the gameplay and the story. It's AMAZINGx10 until the ending.
I never saw a resolution for my romance, didn't get to see what happens to my fellow squad mates (besides two), didn't get to see how my last choice affected the galaxy beyond the cutscene that followed, and didn't get to see what happens to Earth (at least not in any great detail).
It just feels ... vague and incomplete. The Mass Effect arc deserved a better resolution. It didn't feel like a proper end to the series.

Oh well... Shepard's story is at an end now that he's saved the galaxy. Can I just say that his character is one of the greatest ever created in any video game that I've ever played? They did a great job with his character. Since playing the original Mass Effect all those years ago, I've really become attached to him.

I'm hoping they continue the Mass Effect world through another game and another character, though I'll miss Shepard a ton. I'm completely in LOVE with this universe they created.

Still, the game is a 9/10 in my book. The possible ending choices deducted that final point, imo.

Who did you romance? I almost want to go back and play as maleShep so that I could try out one of the gay options, lol.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
I've been playing a lot of Star Wars: The Old Republic, and loving the hell out of it.

I've got Mass Effect 3, but I my graphics card just barely cuts it. :(

Still looking forward to X-Com: Enemy Unknown, which I'm confident will rock my britches and underbritches off.
(03-10-2012, 03:34 AM)The Kicking Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 09:26 AM)Lyric Wrote: Yeah... basically, enjoy the gameplay and the story. It's AMAZINGx10 until the ending.

Who did you romance? I almost want to go back and play as maleShep so that I could try out one of the gay options, lol.

Miranda :D
(03-10-2012, 06:07 AM)Lyric Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 03:34 AM)The Kicking Wrote:

Miranda :D

Bah, Miranda... I'm a Liara girl. The only one who could pry me off Liara is Thane, and he's dying, so once he's gone, it's back to blue!
---            

Ahh Thane... love him. You'll really like the part he plays in ME3.
(03-10-2012, 06:52 AM)The Kicking Wrote: Bah, Miranda... I'm a Liara girl. The only one who could pry me off Liara is Thane, and he's dying, so once he's gone, it's back to blue!
Liara is a classic alien space babe, and a good action girl once you get her going. :D

(03-10-2012, 02:52 PM)BigPregBelly Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 06:52 AM)The Kicking Wrote: Bah, Miranda... I'm a Liara girl. The only one who could pry me off Liara is Thane, and he's dying, so once he's gone, it's back to blue!
Liara is a classic alien space babe, and a good action girl once you get her going. :D

In ME1, I took her with me everywhere. Liara and Tali. In ME2 it was Tali and Kasumi. In ME3 it's back to Liara, but this time she's paired with Javik.

Wow... That makes me look like one of those GURL POWAH types...

I'm not, I swear! I brought Tali around with me because she was a tech in ME1, and I brought her with me in ME2 because I was used to being in combat with her. And I brought Kasumi with me for the same reason I'm bringing Javik-- their responses in conversations are absolutely hilarious!

And Liara. Well, I brought her along because she is fine as hell... And she's a biotic. I like that.
---            

Shit just got interesting.

This is the kind of concept me and tangerine are going to toy with in the borgie mpreg ficlet. But basically it amounts to such heady concepts as 'what defines sapience' and 'if a machine had sapience, does it have rights?'

We're almost there. Just another few years or a few big jumps and you're going to have lovely little robots do your chores.

Then they're going to come up with models that are capable of asking Why.

Additionally Rabid Pro-lifer Fringe groups strangely don't upvote this. Probably because they think a fetus has more rights than a convicted felon.
[Image: totallynotbroken.gif]
I like to play SL, though haven't been on as much recently. The Sims 3 is an occasional fix and I have quite a few of the upgrades, World Adventures, Ambitions, Night Life, Generations and Pets
I know the game has been on the shelves since FOREVER AGO but I finally got myself a copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. AT A GREAT PRICE TOO! God, I can't wait to pop this baby in plaaaaaaaay.

I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS.

Shush-it Jensen, you have cool ass augmentations and can punch through walls. WHO DOESN'T WANT THAT.

(03-12-2012, 12:57 AM)BaronVonCroydlypants Wrote: This is the kind of concept me and tangerine are going to toy with in the borgie mpreg ficlet. But basically it amounts to such heady concepts as 'what defines sapience' and 'if a machine had sapience, does it have rights?'

Kara is more human than most people I know, have ever met, or will ever meet. God, she doesn't even exist and I love her ;__; Oh man, am I robosexual now? Its Fisto all over again...

Tangerine Queen and Archduchess of all Citrus
(03-12-2012, 11:30 PM)TangerineTitillation Wrote: ;__; Oh man, am I robosexual now? Its Fisto all over again...

ASSUME THE POSITION. ANY NUMBNESS WILL SUBSIDE IN A MATTER OF HOURS.

[Image: totallynotbroken.gif]
(03-13-2012, 02:14 AM)BaronVonCroydlypants Wrote: ASSUME THE POSITION. ANY NUMBNESS WILL SUBSIDE IN A MATTER OF HOURS.

I STILL CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS.
Tangerine Queen and Archduchess of all Citrus
O_O! *Raises hand sheepishly* Me next!

:D
Star Wars: The Old Republic. My character's companion, Malavai Quinn is total hotness. It's a wonder I get anything done. I know he's pixels but I can't help it.
I love Thane. I really do. I might love him even more than Liara.

I was reading this... Yeah...
---            

I forgot to mention that I like Pokemon. A lot. Way more than I should. It could be an unhealthy obsession...
---            

Never fear, DLC's are on the horizon to help expand the ending and possibly re-work it, cuz i too was dissappointed by the endings
I've been playing Pokemon FireRed on the Gameboy Advance, and my strongest team member is my Mr. Mime, who I got in an in-game trade. He's now at Lv. 60, while the rest of my team is in the mid 50's and 40's. I've also been playing Call of Duty: Black OPS, and I'm really enjoying it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer/Video Games BigPregBelly 7 4,097 12-23-2021, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Belly Button
  Web Games darkfanboy 6 3,107 08-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Last Post: inflator