What's Your Pet Peeves?
(10-15-2012, 03:55 PM)KPepper Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 07:02 AM)Craddenali Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 05:02 AM)KPepper Wrote: It seriously bothers/upsets/infuriates me when someone treats a serious and diagnosed mental illness like it's nothing and it's just the sufferer's way of getting attention.

I'm sorry if I offened you anyway by saying something about it. I don't mean too upset anyone in anyway I wasn't aiming to piss anyone off by saying anything about it. I thought since this was about Pet preeves I could say something about it and how it really does get to me. The reason why I treat it, like nothing happen is cause, I feel like I want people to see/feel the same way I do about it... It happened and I'm want to move on and say I'm not normal here some of my problems but I'm happy with it. So sorry if it infuriates didn't mean anything by it.
-blink blink- Actually, I hadn't noticed that. I was talking in general and, more specifically, my girlfriend. She acts like my disease is nothing because she's got a harder life than I do. I have periods (usually between a few hours and a day) where it gets really bad and I contemplate suicide. It's not something I can control, even with medication, and when I'm like that, I don't think. I just look for someone to hold onto until it passes. God forbid it be my girlfriend or someone who's supposed to care for me...

Oh god I'm sorry... If I had semi-back story with what was going on I would better understand what your comment was targeted toward. I mean on here MpregCentral I noticed a few people whipping out diesease without a reason. So I thought it was a jab toward them then I thought I'd plead my case and say I'm sorry if it upset anyone. That sucks your friend is an ass about what's happening to you.
(10-15-2012, 06:40 PM)Craddenali Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 05:02 AM)KPepper Wrote: It seriously bothers/upsets/infuriates me when someone treats a serious and diagnosed mental illness like it's nothing and it's just the sufferer's way of getting attention.

I'm sorry if I offened you anyway by saying something about it. I don't mean too upset anyone in anyway I wasn't aiming to piss anyone off by saying anything about it. I thought since this was about Pet preeves I could say something about it and how it really does get to me. The reason why I treat it, like nothing happen is cause, I feel like I want people to see/feel the same way I do about it... It happened and I'm want to move on and say I'm not normal here some of my problems but I'm happy with it. So sorry if it infuriates didn't mean anything by it.
-blink blink- Actually, I hadn't noticed that. I was talking in general and, more specifically, my girlfriend. She acts like my disease is nothing because she's got a harder life than I do. I have periods (usually between a few hours and a day) where it gets really bad and I contemplate suicide. It's not something I can control, even with medication, and when I'm like that, I don't think. I just look for someone to hold onto until it passes. God forbid it be my girlfriend or someone who's supposed to care for me...

Oh god I'm sorry... If I had semi-back story with what was going on I would better understand what your comment was targeted toward. I mean on here MpregCentral I noticed a few people whipping out diesease without a reason. So I thought it was a jab toward them then I thought I'd plead my case and say I'm sorry if it upset anyone. That sucks your friend is an ass about what's happening to you.
It's okay. :) It's actually my fault that I kinda popped it out like that. So I'm sorry.
Beware of the Cute Ones!!!!
They usually have the ax up their sleeves.
(10-16-2012, 03:16 AM)KPepper Wrote:

It's okay. :) It's actually my fault that I kinda popped it out like that. So I'm sorry.

I am sorry we had to have this misunderstanding between us. In a way we are not so different, You with physical problems and my mental problems. We both deal with people who don't treat us like how we should be treated.
(10-16-2012, 04:15 AM)Craddenali Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 07:02 AM)Craddenali Wrote: I'm sorry if I offened you anyway by saying something about it. I don't mean too upset anyone in anyway I wasn't aiming to piss anyone off by saying anything about it. I thought since this was about Pet preeves I could say something about it and how it really does get to me. The reason why I treat it, like nothing happen is cause, I feel like I want people to see/feel the same way I do about it... It happened and I'm want to move on and say I'm not normal here some of my problems but I'm happy with it. So sorry if it infuriates didn't mean anything by it.

I am sorry we had to have this misunderstanding between us. In a way we are not so different, You with physical problems and my mental problems. We both deal with people who don't treat us like how we should be treated.

Exactly. :)

Oh, and the ex turned out to be a total psycho, so no harm done.
(10-16-2012, 05:36 AM)KPepper Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 03:55 PM)KPepper Wrote: -blink blink- Actually, I hadn't noticed that. I was talking in general and, more specifically, my girlfriend. She acts like my disease is nothing because she's got a harder life than I do. I have periods (usually between a few hours and a day) where it gets really bad and I contemplate suicide. It's not something I can control, even with medication, and when I'm like that, I don't think. I just look for someone to hold onto until it passes. God forbid it be my girlfriend or someone who's supposed to care for me...

Another thing we have in common but mine did major harm. Let just say Joker's scars.
(10-16-2012, 06:40 AM)Craddenali Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 06:40 PM)Craddenali Wrote: Oh god I'm sorry... If I had semi-back story with what was going on I would better understand what your comment was targeted toward. I mean on here MpregCentral I noticed a few people whipping out diesease without a reason. So I thought it was a jab toward them then I thought I'd plead my case and say I'm sorry if it upset anyone. That sucks your friend is an ass about what's happening to you.

Another thing we have in common but mine did major harm. Let just say Joker's scars.
-holds up a cuckoo clock-
(10-16-2012, 07:42 AM)KPepper Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 06:40 AM)Craddenali Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 03:16 AM)KPepper Wrote: It's okay. :) It's actually my fault that I kinda popped it out like that. So I'm sorry.

-holds up a cuckoo clock-

thats putting mildly
Resurrecting this thread cuz I hate oral presentations and I hate it when teachers think they are an effective teaching tool. They are mortifying...

And I hate it when people bug you for updates. When you pay for me to update my stuff, you can yell at me all you want.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
Bad English, I keep getting messages from people who can't spell or grammatically put together a decent sentence. I know some people find spelling and grammar hard but at least try?

People who are absolutely clueless about pregnancy, I mean it's a pregnancy specific interest website and you want to rp a pregnancy story with me but you haven't got a clue how it actually works (this is kinda waved if it's a fantasy rp)

People who clearly don't bother reading my props and cons thread before messaging me.

People who have no clue what it is like to live with diabetes but instead of asking you what it's like, seem to think they have the right to tell you what to do or how to live.
People who treat depression like you're just not trying hard enough to see the bright side. Or alternatively patronise you with 'there there' when you've FINALLY worked up the courage to seek help.

Also working in the soul crushing retail industry.
(11-01-2014, 11:24 AM)xHappyBumpx Wrote: Bad English, I keep getting messages from people who can't spell or grammatically put together a decent sentence. I know some people find spelling and grammar hard but at least try?

That does tend to be a peeve of mine as well. I realize that English isn't the native language for a lot of people out there on the 'Net (and English isn't always the easiest language in the world to learn, even for us native speakers), and that it can sometimes be easy to make the occasional mistake if someone starts typing really fast (I've done that myself). However, when I see situations from people who indicate that English is their main/only language who make glaring mistakes (such as confusing "your/you're" or "their/they're/there" - c'mon guys, I'd learned the difference between those words by the time I was in second grade, and I don't even claim to be the greatest master of English out there), then it does start to be irritating.
When you get inboxed for RPs and you just know they've gone nowhere near your props and cons thread (strike 1) - WHY?! WHY DO YOU WANT TO WASTE MY TIME?! It's rage inducing. They always end up coming back (after I tell them not to message me again till they read it) with "oh sorry i'm only a carrier" (Strike 2) (very clearly says on my thread i'm not into seeding) or "We can both be pregnant" (Strike 3)

Do your homework, don't just go around asking to add people for the sake of it.

There/ They're/ Their is a peev, but i'm talking REALLY bad English. "The boy sigh, he not get up. too heavy with babies in him." The maid from Family guy can speak better English.

I realise it's difficult if it's not your first language but then you have to understand that whilst I can let go of the occasional mistake, my brain would actually set itself on fire and run around screaming inside my skull if we tried to RP with that kind of broken English. - My mother raised me to be a huge spelling and grammar freak.

When I was doing homework in school if I made a mistake I wasn't allowed to cross it out, I had to start the entire page again. (Including the last sentence of the second side of a double sided page)

(10-15-2012, 12:09 AM)Goddess Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 10:12 PM)Craddenali Wrote: Got a brand fucking new one that just happened to me. So I'm have my Yahoo IM up can't remember his name on here, anyways this is what happen and yes will put up our conversation piece up and I will censor his name out and use him cause I such a nice christian. So he is into birthing rp and pretends to be a midwife anyways he refers to the babies inside of me as "That thing". I'm not cool with that cause I have suffer though cancer that messo shit you see on tv. Anyway that what my doctor a real doctor called the cancer. I understand that RPing is real but ether way treat as if it was I mean If my wife or boyfriend was pregnant do you want the person who is helping you birth call your baby a thing. If you want to avoid this person on yahoo IM Privite message me and I will give it

Him: hi
me: hey what up
him: nuthin how r u
me: not too much
him: hows that thing growing inside u
me: You call my children "that thing" again I will beat your ass
him: i didnt no if it was a boy or girl
him: so how is your preacious cargo
me: They doing fine but I not too trilled with you right now
him: im sorry lwt me make it up to you
me: Calling children "that thing" and now cargo makes the person who's preggers with that child or children sound like you refering to the child as a cancer or now with the cargo shit sounds like your calling the mother (carrier) fat
him: how can i make it up to you
me: I really doudt you can but for future referance when you talk about someone child and you do know what they are haveing call them Little one, the darlings and youngings cause I did suffer from cancer and that what the doctor called it as that thing

I thank you all for listening

I don't think precious cargo is too insulting. It's just a phrase people use.

My friend (now probably an ex friend because I'm soooo tired of how shamelessly rude she is) once referred to my son as a thing. She said, "Get him to shut up or I'm going to beat that thing."

She was trying to be funny so I acted like it was funny back and just told her she was being rude, but her family is all like that too and they were constantly saying things about my son and telling me how to parent, etc. so finally I started taking it seriously and I told them to stop. Now, of course, they think *I'm* a bitch lol.
Ironic.

I agree, "cargo" is just a word to refer to goods that are carried, so by saying "precious cargo" he's just saying you're carrying something precious. He's not calling you fat.

"Thing" i'd leave for alien rps and such, not for usual pregnancies.

People who can't stay in character or pay attention to what my character is saying.

I told someone I've over done the fluffy romantic style rp and want to do something non fluffy, purely medical/ sci fi theme so we agree on an alien breeder rp, the alien is not without compassion, isn't cruel or dominating but is simply 'professional' about it if you will. No romance involved. And now he's flirting with me like mad and when I tried to gently remind him it's a breeder rp not a flirty romantic one he said his character has a thing for mine even if it's not mutual. I'm like NO that's not what was agreed. It's the kind of thing that will make me do all the things you shouldn't in an improv, closed answers, blocking each other's characters etc.
1) Loud Chewing! I guess it was just the way I was raised. I was told that it was rude to chew with my mouth open. It makes an unpleasant smacking sound that gets under my skin, and I don't want to see your food!

2) When people ask what time it is when there is Clock on the wall.

3) When people hover over my shoulder to see what I'm doing.
1) People who drive below the speed limit on the highway - it is like they are trying to get rear ended because sometimes you don't realize they are driving slow until you are about to hit them.

2) People who suddenly forget how to drive as soon as it starts raining/snowing - Just because there is moisture falling from the sky doesn't mean you suddenly have to drive 5-10 mph instead of the normal speed limit!!

3) Crossing Guards - They are a great thing around schools to help kids cross the street. HOWEVER when they take it upon themselves to direct traffic when there are no kids around THEN they become the issue. I have never seen one who is able to direct traffic and improve it, all they ever do is mess things up and cause traffic jams. There are stoplights and stop signs for a reason... just let them do their job and everyone will be happy!

When it comes to roleplaying my pet peeves are:

1) People who contact you saying they want to play out a scene with you, but when you contact them to set something up you never hear from them again. Either you want to roleplay or not. If the answer is not please don't waste my time and make me wonder about where you went.

2) People who get midway through a roleplay and then simply disappear with no warning or explanation. If you don't want to play anymore that is fine, but at least have the decency to tell me that rather than leaving me to wonder where you went or if I have done something to upset/offend you,
Computer spam - Had to block someone on fb because of it (their page had been hacked and was sending out spammy links) and had to ignore invites for spammy apps a couple of days ago.
Valar Morghulis - All Men Must Die.

For those who want more mpreg stories from me, visit http://mpregwriter.wordpress.com/ which is my new page and will be dedicated to mpreg (page currently inactive due to loss of inspiration).
1) Receiving junk e-mail from companies which I haven't dealt with or bought anything from for at least the last couple of years. I've given up trying to click on any 'unsubscribe' option as they rare works. The e-mail still come through.  

2) At traffic lights - the person who you stop behind has left a gap large enough for another car. Then they drive forward to stop behind the car ahead of them - meaning you now either have a car-sized gap in front or you move forwards yourself to close the gap that the car in front created in the first place. It unnecessarily lengthens queues at traffic lights and it's something which I've seen happening more and more often over the last decade. I'm unaware of this being a new 'thing' in the test or the Highway Code (I'm in the UK). 

3) Courier drivers who come into our place of work and press the buzzer at reception at the front of the building... Why does this bother me? They've passed two large signs which tell them 'all deliveries to the rear of the building' with a directional arrow - plus a sign on the reception door itself telling them the same thing - all deliveries to the rear of the building. There's usually two or three of these every week - and Amazon drivers are usually the main culprits from my experience. 

4) People who say 'Math' rather than 'Maths'. 

5) People who use the generic phrase 'Image', when the following words seemed to have been erased from everyone's vocabulary - photo, picture, sketch, painting, video/video clip, recording... (can anyone think of any more?!)

6) People who go to drive-thrus and order pretty much everything off the entire menu, whilst you're stuck behind, simply wanting a coffee. My latest experience of this was a certain coffee chain of which I took a break during a near-six hour road trip. All I wanted was two cappuccinos. The person in front? They ended up being handed a tray piled high with stuff. I sat there for almost 15 minutes and by the time I left the drive-thru, you could see the queue was now backed out onto not only the car park, but just about as far back as the entrance road.  

6a) Very similar to the above... Those who go to petrol stations, fill up accordingly and then proceed to buy what could almost be a weekend's worth of groceries from the shop before going to pay. This is why I try to avoid supermarket petrol stations as they seem to attract most people who do this. I like the ones where you fill up, drive forward to a kiosk to pay and then leave. You want more than fuel? Go to a shop. You just wanted fuel? Great - no time wasted. Sadly, these sorts are pretty rare in the UK. My nearest one is nine miles away.

7) When you deal with social anxiety issues and people are very quick to tell you it's all your fault (?!) and that you should 'go out more'. An equivalent of "there's a fire - now put your hand in it. It won't hurt, honest". 

8) As a self-confessed 'technophobe', anyone who simply responds "it's easy" isn't giving instructions as to what is needed to be done... Those two words don't suddenly make people like myself suddenly...'know'...what to do. 

I think I'll leave it there for now, as honestly folks, this this something I could go on and on about... But before I do, this one:

(11-12-2014, 09:15 AM)andy_td Wrote: 2) When people ask what time it is when there is Clock on the wall.

Oh yes... This one is another classic and happens surprisingly often at work. I've never understood this mentality in the near 21 years I've been working. Can't these people be bothered to look across at the clock? Do they just want to talk to someone? What is it, exactly?! 
It's kind of funny, I have the opposite pet peeve.

I don't like it when people say "maths" instead of "math."

Yet I'd also find it weird if someone someone said "mathematic" instead of "mathematics" or "arithmetics" instead of "arithmetic."

Brains are strange.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pet of the week Sazzy 1 2,664 08-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post: misty120preggo