Poll: Would you play a pregnancy RPG?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
95.65%
66 95.65%
Not really...
4.35%
3 4.35%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pregnancy game
I have no idea where to put this, so I figured this was a good spot.
Please correct me if not.

I thought about maybe making a text based RPG centered around pregnancy. Rather than spend years developing a first-person 3D game single handedly, I thought about coding an engine where people could write a story and include content such as pictures or video to go along with it.

The game would be free and open source, meaning anyone could change it or use it for free. It would come with a story and media to go along with it, as well as several endings that could be put into place from different media.

Ideally, it would read a 'story file' which would be easy to write so that end users could add their own content at any time. The catch is: I am a terrible story writer. I would need people who want to write stories that are open ended that can have many endings based on the players' choices.

Would anyone even be interested in playing such a game?

Let me know I the comments or by PM!

This space intentionally left blank*

Hello
I am very interested
PM me as I'd defo be interested in helping.
Valar Morghulis - All Men Must Die.

For those who want more mpreg stories from me, visit http://mpregwriter.wordpress.com/ which is my new page and will be dedicated to mpreg (page currently inactive due to loss of inspiration).
Sounds interesting
I'm just here to confirm that this is indeed happening now. Crowningxp has indeed contacted me and we have begun to lay out the game.

That said, while we will choose architecture and worry about the programming involved, we would like to have input on what one might like to see. Please be descriptive, with machines it is especially hard to make something from nothing.

Note that it may never happen, and that if your idea does get added, it may not be right away.

I look forward to working on this, and we'll come up with an organized way to document all modes and variations, as well as version control, etc. More to come in the following weeks!

So far this is sounding like a difficult process, but it'll be worth it all in the end. Though do any of you two know about the RPG Maker games? 2 versions of the game are on Steam, and while they have a steep learning curve, I heard they're really good. The latest version is called XV Ace or something, though Steam released XP after XV.

Also, character portraits, like in Persona or other JRPGs, would be pretty neat. Seeing as there are artists on this site, you can probably get one to help draw you some character designs and portraits and different emotions of the characters. Also, is there any info on the plot that you would be willing to tell us now, or like the setting? I was thinking of a modern day setting. Also I remember on deviantArt this person who drew some stuff for an "RPG Project" (http://ashuras2000.deviantart.com/galler...PG-project) and some of the characters were pregnant males (or just one really) but I don't know what came of it.
(01-08-2015, 06:25 AM)Enter-at-777 Wrote: So far this is sounding like a difficult process, but it'll be worth it all in the end. Though do any of you two know about the RPG Maker games? 2 versions of the game are on Steam, and while they have a steep learning curve, I heard they're really good. The latest version is called XV Ace or something, though Steam released XP after XV.

Also, character portraits, like in Persona or other JRPGs, would be pretty neat. Seeing as there are artists on this site, you can probably get one to help draw you some character designs and portraits and different emotions of the characters. Also, is there any info on the plot that you would be willing to tell us now, or like the setting? I was thinking of a modern day setting. Also I remember on deviantArt this person who drew some stuff for an "RPG Project" (http://ashuras2000.deviantart.com/galler...PG-project) and some of the characters were pregnant males (or just one really) but I don't know what came of it.

Yes, it will be difficult. As CrowningXP said, we are leaning towards JavaScript, only because of portability.  I am familiar with RPG Maker, although I am not versed in its use.  The latest, last I checked, was VX Ace.
My original idea was almost to make an 'engine' which was specifically geared towards fetish-inclusive RPG making. The programmers then do not have to worry about content creation at all, at least not during the development process.  The author of stories would make a 'story file' which contains an easily human-readable format of code that can put the game together, along with pictures, video, etcetera.  Of course, my reason to do this is that I have no artistic skill whatsoever.
Ideally, authors of stories could contact us to ask for features, so that they can make more immersive or complex storylines through various media.

A question for both crowningxp and inflator, exactly what is each of yours role in this project? Or are you both focused on making the game engine so far? Which honestly sounds like a good idea as a top priority because you'll know what you can and cannot do with the engine. And you could probably PM some of the more well-known writers on this site, they can probably give you some ideas.
The project appears to be dead at the moment. Marking it as such until further notice.
I would be interested
It's a shame this project doesn't appear to have gone anywhere, because there's certainly an enormous gap in the market for a purposeful pregnancy game. Whether Mpreg or Fpreg. 

With modern graphic techniques now, I'm sure someone could produce a reasonably simple game with a character who has an expandable, realistic-enough looking belly which could be customisable based on settings you could pick at the start of it all. A basic story idea - something like a experimental/hospital setting without too much in the way of background to begin with - and maybe the odd voice actor to contribute. If it proves popular, maybe develop it from there?

Sadly I'm largely a 'technophobe' when it comes to computers so what I'm saying may very well be too expensive, too involved or simply not possible to do at this time.

I'm hopeful designated pregnancy game will eventually come onto the market. I think it's just a matter of enormous expense to produce it for what ultimately will be a limited market. 

On a slightly different subject (but still relatable), many years ago there was a game project over on Preggophilia. It was story-based and, if memory serves me, was a series of basic multiple-choice questions which ended up in getting the woman pregnant and as the months went by, her side-on profile obviously shown a larger and larger belly. I don't recall exactly what happened to it, but it was around for quite a while (I think it was even pinned to the top of one particular section) but just disappeared one day to never come back.
I'm playing an app game that has some "vague" mpreg connotations called Call Me Emperor. It's technically a fantasy empire game where you can play as a male or female emperor/empress of a fictional ancient China-like setting and part of the game is gathering consorts for the harem and raising heirs to grow your nation's power. In their marketing for the game just to emphasize both genders were available for play they released some ads showing both some of the available female and male consorts you can romance heavily pregnant (seriously, search Call Me Emperor and the mpreg ads they ran). It actually caught the attention of some people when the ads showed up on Facebook and it was how I learned about it. I do genuinely enjoy the game but it doesn't show the actual stages of pregnancy, you basically "favor" your consorts and then you get "a new heir is born" prompt and are given the option to name them. Still, it reminds me enough of two favorite manhua I read by Morel (Empress's Harem which is set in a fictional matriarchal China but with no mpreg and Tender Husband Has Happiness which is both a matriarchal China and it contains mpreg) that I do enjoy playing it and the fantasy aspects of it.

The empress/emperor ap games are actually very popular and there are many of them out there and most of those get a lot of player traffic I've noticed. Some people say ap games are generally a little easier to create too. If so, then I could see someone creating one with mpreg included as an element to it and it gaining enough of a following for the effort to be worthwhile. It's the exact sort of game I would spend my free time playing if it existed because I already dedicate time to Call Me Emperor just for the vague impressions of mpreg being included in the universe.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Converse and pregnancy Preggojames33 3 1,231 02-09-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Preggojames33
  Visser5: The Game pregboy28 5 4,545 01-06-2018, 01:26 AM
Last Post: pregboy28
  The Magic Potion Game mk_ka2760 14 11,769 10-20-2017, 02:18 AM
Last Post: SnowWolf
  How soon after pregnancy can I have rhinoplasty? Rhona325 0 6,655 10-28-2016, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Rhona325
  The Acronym Game mk_ka2760 41 26,316 09-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Mark
  Something to Consider Regarding Mpreg VS. Male Pregnancy- Dkid23 0 4,281 06-20-2015, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Dkid23
  music shuffle game tetrisbelly 2 2,307 07-29-2013, 03:07 AM
Last Post: BabyDaddy
  Pregnancy photos pregnantscubasteve40 0 2,195 07-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Last Post: pregnantscubasteve40