Rep and points
Can I ask what the rep/ points thing is all about? Does it earn you any sort of priviledged access to something? Does it somehow make you 'better' (sorry, lack of better word) than someone with less rep?

Coz i've had a newbie (who I will not name) asking me to give them rep and when I said no because on the whole I don't give points, I give feedback on users work instead. He began going pleeeeeeeeeeeease at me and said that's easy for me to say with a rep of 5.

But I have never asked anyone for points, I have maybe given points to 2 or 3 members in the entire time (over a year) I have been on the site... I have always said thankyou to anyone who's awarded me points but I just don't understand what their importance is? Am I being mean to say no?

I think he was just new and excited and that's why he was asking for points. But am I missing something?
There's nothing special attached to the reputation system. It's just a way for people to thank fellow users or to appreciate them for their helpfulness or kindness.
That's kinda what I thought, I mean I wasn't trying to be a big meanie, but I tend to give writers feedback (especially if they ask for feedback) or actually say "Hey thanks for that" It just kinda irked me that I was being being asked to give out points, instead of earning them for just being friendly and making an effort to be friendly to people around the site.

I guess it's like I said, he's just new and excited.

Thanks Lyric!