Open Birth Clinic..........A midwife opens her doors (CLOSED MPREG-RP)
"That's fantastic!" Jeff said, truly excited for the first time since he saw Sophie. The concept of becoming a father was really starting to take hold on Jeff, and while he may have conceived under negative circumstances, his past didn't have to prevent him from enjoying his future. Jeff smiled at Sophie, "well if there isn't anything else you need to check up on me at this time, you mind telling me where I can get some lunch. We're getting pretty hungry over here" Jeff said with a grin, holding his belly proudly.
Sophie was happy to see him so proud and suddenly so full of hope. Furthermore, he made her laugh with his last sentence. She quickly nodded. "Oh yeah, I totally understand that. No, I am done here", she said and wiped away the contact gel from his belly and the Vaseline from his rectum. "You can pull your pants and your shoes back on, but just let me help you to sit up", she said, not wanting him to collapse again.
"Our center has a great cafeteria.........would you mind if I join you ?? I don't want to be over protective, but I just don't want you to faint again.........furthermore, I don't have any other patients at the moment", she explained and smiled.
"Of course. I'd love to have lunch with you" Jeff said as Sophie helped him sit up before they got dressed. Sophie and Jeff made their way to the cafeteria, Jeff still holding his belly as he waddled alongside here. Once in the cafeteria, Jeff filled his tray with food, his appetite having grown considerably since before he conceived and feeling the need to eat even more now that he knew he was carrying twins. Sophie and Jeff sat down at an open table while Jeff began to eat ravenously.
Sophie was glad, that he wanted to have lunch with her. She really began to like him.........to be honest, she felt some kind of sympathy for him since the first moment...........but now, she liked him even more.

She was also happy to see, that his appetite was so good. "I am so happy, you like our food, Jeff........and I am happy to know, that you are happy. It's like with animals, you know.........if they feel some kind of strong pain, they stop eating..........and I think it was the same with you, well......your pain was psychological...........but now it's just great to see you like that", she said and smiled at the young father to be.
"Is there already anything, any question I could answer for you ??", she asked him after some seconds and smiled gently, while taking a sip from her water.
Between bites of food Jeff replied. "Well I guess I have a lot of questions to be honest. Now that I'll be living here, what will I do during the day? What should I be doing to get ready for when my babies come? I haven't bought any baby supplies or anything and now that I'm having twins I guess I'll need a lot of stuff." Jeff took a big bite or french fries before continuing. "And while I feel like I can eat anything, what should I be eating?" Jeff said with a chuckle.
Sophie started to laugh and nodded quickly. "Yes, those are a lot of questions, but I will answer them all", she began. "You should use the days here to just prepare yourself personally for the birth and for the whole situation. That means, that you should try to realize and think about, what this would mean and that it will happen soon. I don't mean with that, that you should stress yourself, no......you should just be aware of this one fact. This will prepare you psychologically and physically for the birth", she explained and waited for him to nod between his bites.
She nodded back. "Okay. You can use the days here however you want, but I suggest to you, to make some walks with me, so that we can talk about everything that bothers you. Furthermore, I will show you some breathing techniques...........", she said and thought about it for a moment. Then she continued. "Okay. To be ready for your babies to come, you should just rest a lot. Save as much energy as possible for the birth and just find your own balance for the entire situation. Concerning your eating, it would be good to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables to get the most energy. But I will tell the staff of the cafeteria to prepare something special for you", she explained and smiled.

"Oh yes, one more question: Do you need anything like clothes, or do you have something with you ??", she asked him.
Jeff nodded, listening to all the information Sophie gave him. "I don't have any maternity clothes to be honest. I've been wearing this same sweatshirt and sweatpants for weeks because it's the only thing that fits and can hide my belly. Or at least try to hide my belly" Jeff said as he finished the last of his food. "I'd love to go for walks with you, want to go for one after lunch?" Jeff asked, looking at Sophie.
Sophie smiled and nodded, also having just finished her meal.
"Oh yes, it would be a pleasure to take a little walk with you. We have got a great park here and furthermore, there is a shop for maternity clothes about 400 m from here. They also offer maternity clothes for men, so that you don't end up with pink sweatpants", she joked and stood up, waiting for him to do the same.
Jeff got up, following Sophie out of the cafeteria and outside, walking with a slight but noticeable waddle. "Yeah it would be great to get some clothes that actually fit" Jeff said as Sophie and Jeff walked through the park, "especially ones that aren't too feminine" Jeff said with a laugh.
Sophie nodded and laughed. "I can understand that", she said and left the cafeteria with him.
The weather outside the clinic was beautiful. Even though it was February, the sun shined quite strong and created one of the first warm days of the new year.
While walking with Jeff, Sophie thought about all the things she had said to him and if she had told him everything. She then nodded for herself, took a deep breath from the warm air and looked at the young father to be.
"So, what would you like to do ?? Would you like to do some shopping, or would you like to take a little walk to let you and your babies cope with the huge amount of food, you just ate", she joked and smiled at him.
"I think a walk would be best" Jeff said smiling at Sophie. "But I'll definitely need to pick up some maternity clothes before the day is done." Jeff walked with Sophie through the park until they made it to a bench, Jeff sitting down to catch his breath. "I've spent so much time holed up in my apartment I never realized how much work it is to walk with my belly" Jeff said, holding his bump and feeling his twins inside kick. "And I don't think my twins are used to their father getting so much exercise either."
Sophie smiled and nodded. "Oh yes, I can imagine, that it's hard to walk with a belly this big..........but you have to be optimistic about that: your legs will be more muscular than ever before and last time I checked, girls just love that", she said and smiled.
She then let the silence of the day, the slight twittering of the first birds and the warmth of the sun fill her body and her mind with energy. Then, she looked again into Jeff's blue eyes. "Is there something else you would like to know.........about the birth for example, about the center or......about me ??", she said and smiled at him, allowing him to ask her everything to get even more confidence towards her.
"One thing I've been wondering" Jeff said as they both got up from the bench to keep on walking, "is what made you get into midwifery."
Sophie smiled and nodded. "Well, that's a good question", she joked and made both of them laugh. "I suppose it was the fascination for the entire process and miracle of bringing a new life into the world. This miracle, which starts at zero and ends with a new human being..........I was fascinated by that since I first heard about the process of conception, pregnancy and birth when I was a child of 9 years............then I read a lot of books during my years at school, which not just spoke about the biological processes, but also about the psychological ones, which made the whole thing even more interesting", she explained.
"Well.......then after having finished high school, I went to college, but I used the summer before that to do a little training in a hospital, where I worked as a secretary in the urological ward. Those were little paper jobs like checking forms and stuff like that or receive patients at the reception..........and as the urological ward had also a station for male childbirth, I got into touch with it, with the fathers and sometimes.........sometimes I could even get some little sounds or images of a man giving birth to his child, when I walked past the door of the delivery room or handed something to the doctor there", she explained and smiled, seeming to be captured by her past in a wonderful way.

"And that's pretty much it. I went to college then, did my degrees and worked in a hospital for about 4 years, but not in the same as where I did all my practical training..............unfortunately, because this one I worked in was full of intolerant people, who could help men and women deliver their babies, but who always looked at a pregnant man, as if he was an alien..........I had to get out of there and so I opened my own clinic", she said and smiled.
Jeff listened to Sophie's story intently, coming to realize that she was more than just a midwife, but rather someone who truly cared about helping men with the entire process of becoming a father. "Well I guess it's a good thing I came to your clinic rather than someone elses" Jeff said with a chuckle. Jeff stopped at an ice cream stand in the park to get an ice cream cone. "Well I guess I've got to ask the question I've been worried to ask" Jeff said between licks from his cone. "How does birth work?"
Sophie smiled and nodded, very pleased to see, that he was doing fine and feeling comfortable with his environment. She knew how important that was for men as well as for women, when they were about to give birth and had to lay everything they had, their destiny so to say into the hands of a doctor or a midwife.

"Well", she started, wanting to explain the process of a birth as detailed and comprehensible as possible, but at the same time avoiding to scare him. "Some days before the birth, the mucus cork will loosen and will be expelled via your rectum. This cork closes the uterus and protects it from being infected by bacteria or other things. So, if you discover a about 5 centimeters long piece of thin flesh in your bed, in your boxer shorts or elsewhere, then you will know, that it won't be long until the actual birth", she explained, trying not to be too graphic, because she didn't want to steal him his appetite.
"Well, as you might know, contractions are responsible for bringing the baby down. But before the regular contractions start, you will possibly feel premonitory pains, also called Braxton Hicks Contractions, which prepare everything for the birth. You may have already felt those contractions. They are not really painful, but they even occur some months before the birth appearing with the 25th week. So if you have ever felt your stomach contract some day for about 30-60 seconds without having pain, then those should have been this kind of contractions", she explained and smiled, before continuing. "Well, the real contractions feel different. They are more intense and create a completely different feeling, you will see. Those contractions are responsible to bring your baby down into your birth canal. At the beginning they come about every 15 minutes and last for about 20-30 seconds. As time goes by, they will get closer together, rest longer and get more intense. The sense of those real contractions is to open up your rectum and your birth canal for your babies. This can take some hours of time and will end, when your entrance is dilated to 10 centimeters", she explained and made another pause to see, if he got any questions.
He just nodded, so she continued.
"Okay. During the last centimeters of dilation, you will feel pressure building up in your pelvis, as the head of your baby goes down.........and when you are fully dilated, you will start to feel an urge to push. This is the sign, that you are just about to give birth. We then wait for the next contraction and when the contraction hits, you try to push with it. Normally one pushes free times for ten seconds during one contraction, but this can be varied. Sometimes, the person who gives birth pushes longer, sometimes shorter.........this depends on how much strength and energy she has", she explained and smiled. "Well and after some time your first baby will be crowning and slowly coming out", she added with a gentle smile.
Jeff listened intently, absorbing everything Sophie was saying. "So is losing my mucus plug different than having my waters break?" Jeff inquired, his only experience of birth being what he had seen in movies. "And then after I deliver my first baby, will the birth of the second baby by the same process over again?" Jeff was very curious about how the birthing process would go, a completely different attitude than Jeff experienced earlier that day when Jeff and Sophie had met for the first time.
Sophie smiled and started to laugh. "You got me........I forgot to tell you about that. Yes, it's different from when your water breaks. You won't feel the mucus plug go off........normally. The amniotic sack is just behind it and it breaks, when you've already had contractions for quite some time.........and you will notice that, because it will get quite wet then", she joked and smiled.
She was happy to see the motivation in his eyes and to feel the interest he suddenly had.........this wonderful curiosity about one's future.......
She then started to answer his second question. "No, the birth of the seconds baby is different. While the first baby comes in most of the cases with his head first, the second one comes very often with his feet first. That's the first difference. Secondly, the birth of baby number two will be a bit easier, because your birth canal, your rectum and your entrance are already stretched from the birth of the first baby", she explained. "Between the birth of the first and the second baby lie about 15-30 minutes. After this time, the contractions will start again and you then just have to push with them, as you already did with the first baby. But this second birth should normally be much faster and more comfortable", she explained and smiled.
"Interesting. Well I'm glad to know the birth of my second baby will probably be easier than the first, even if it is born feet first" Jeff said, finishing his ice cream cone. "Well I guess this questions is pretty vain and not all that important, but how much bigger do you think I'll get?" Jeff said, supporting the underside of his belly with his hands as he walked. "I already feel like I'm huge but I've still seen people with bellies much larger than mine. And I kind of want to know what kind and size of maternity clothes I should buy."
Sophie smiled. "Oh no, that's an important question", she gently replied. She then stopped for a second and thought about it, before continuing: "Well, as I already said, the birth will take place in the next two weeks, so.........well.......maybe two to three sizes bigger from now", she answered.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny Knows No Cessation (Closed with PoppedBB, graphic content warning) PregnantTyler 6 3,684 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: PregnantTyler
  O Chief's Harem (Open to all!) BandOfMisfits 5 2,395 01-30-2020, 05:31 AM
  O The Space breeding station (open to everyone, first come first serve) dolria1 16 4,151 01-25-2020, 12:08 AM
Last Post: dolria1
  Outlaws || Open to Everyone chrome 13 3,075 01-02-2020, 06:54 AM
  The Dairy Debt (closed with DragonKnight) SnowWolf 11 3,436 11-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: DragonKnight
  Fur and claws. (Closed with BandOfMisfits.) SilentFeather 20 4,112 11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SilentFeather
  The Strip Club (Open to All) tentaclehell 256 32,275 10-06-2019, 12:16 PM
Last Post: paulaenlaluna
  O Detective Conan X PKMN (Mpreg rp CLOSED w/Anime Ninshin-chan) Bloobloobedoo27 46 7,732 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Ninshinluvr
  C Arranged or destiny (closed w/AegonAustin) bhdire8 161 23,937 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: AegonAustin
  True love. (Closed with bhdire8.) SilentFeather 786 89,075 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: SilentFeather