I'm just sayin...
(02-21-2014, 02:42 AM)mariah?! Wrote:
(02-21-2014, 02:40 AM)Kattan Wrote: Oh, so much same. I tend to put realism into my characters in the way of invisible disabilities and mental disorders (the kind that ISN'T RPed like a 14 year old on deviantart), things that make a character, but aren't easily seen.
So, keep your greasy mitts off my children, please.

i <3 this.

Thank you. I've been commended multiple times on how realistic I've RPed a character suffering from depression, mostly because I didn't portray him as a perpetually whining manchild, broadcasting his poopy moods to anyone and everyone around him.
I mean, I've seriously never met anyone with depression who acted like that, myself included, who the hell thought that was 'properly representing' mental disorders?
(02-21-2014, 02:36 AM)Kattan Wrote: Hell, even in fandom RP, I put elaborate headcanon into my muses, and they're still of my own thoughts and design.

You ever have your headcanon sorta become real? Transformers Prime is one of my favorite shows in the world, and something I speculated about one of the characters since late spring came to pass (not in the way my headcanon dictated, of course) in the last episode at the end of July.

It just...kind of validated A LOT of my reasoning for the backstory I created for him |3

Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
(02-21-2014, 02:50 AM)Buggy Girl Wrote:
(02-21-2014, 02:36 AM)Kattan Wrote: Hell, even in fandom RP, I put elaborate headcanon into my muses, and they're still of my own thoughts and design.

You ever have your headcanon sorta become real? Transformers Prime is one of my favorite shows in the world, and something I speculated about one of the characters since late spring came to pass (not in the way my headcanon dictated, of course) in the last episode at the end of July.

It just...kind of validated A LOT of my reasoning for the backstory I created for him |3

Oddly enough, yes. And once, it came in the form of one of my crackship OTPs. I about pooped in my pants and flipped for joy.
I doodled fanart of a character stabbed in the chest with an arrow, and the comic updated with the same character, STABBED IN THE CHEST.
Later, I doodled another character having gone insane for a New Year's update, and after New Year's, THE CHARACTER WENT INSANE.
It was a strange time, many looked upon me as the prophet.

my personal experience with topics such as self-injury, depression and mental illness is often the driving force behind whatever i write. i've found that even as a child, for all of social awkwardness, i was rather adept at putting my feelings into words and i think that if i hadn't been, i would've probably committed suicide.
[Image: c9o2.png]
yes, my lesbian lover makes pretty art. want some? here.
personal property of pmsingtiger,
please return me if found wandering the forums for pregnant ass.
thanks in advance, yo.
(02-21-2014, 02:55 AM)mariah?! Wrote:
my personal experience with topics such as self-injury, depression and mental illness is often the driving force behind whatever i write. i've found that even as a child, for all of social awkwardness, i was rather adept at putting my feelings into words and i think that if i hadn't been, i would've probably committed suicide.

That's how I am with art. I put in earbuds, turn it at max volume, and open up Sai.
I think music has saved my life more than art or writing, to be honest, but mixing the mediums has turned into a more healthy outlet for me.
yeah.

omg, when other writers look down on you for having standards. pisses me off ._.
[Image: c9o2.png]
yes, my lesbian lover makes pretty art. want some? here.
personal property of pmsingtiger,
please return me if found wandering the forums for pregnant ass.
thanks in advance, yo.
Oh, oh I love all you gloriously literate people! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I never post ads for rping, but I respond to them a lot and often it's "so, I saw you were looking to RP, what do you want to do?" and they're like "Uh....IDK. whatever you want."

....uh, no. You're advertising, you should have some idea. I should not have to do your thinking for you. And on that note, if I give you a paragraph, I expect one in return.

I LOVE to RP and have been doing it for years, but I cannot handle teh dumb. I just can't. Who wants to RP NOT via chat but via gdocs or email? Somewhere where we can have plot and space and time? I have Thoughts and Ideas. I also have grammar, understanding of POV, and pacing.