Shelf life?
Hey guys - I've noticed a lot of you use punch-ball balloons for simulation. Specifically, one punch-ball balloon inside of another, with the inner one filled with water. Does anyone know how long this balloon can stay good (unlikely of popping, leaking, and not smelling) before you have to make a new one?
Kilix stockpiled 3!
Depends on how often you use it. If you keep it clean and such they can last several months at a time. This was and is my preferred method of sim. Storage can be another problem warm dry areas will cause the outer balloon and stems to dry rot faster than the inner ones.
And I'd imagine keeping them somewhere wet causes them to smell faster?

But also note that I'm talking about leaving the balloons with the water inside of them, because the inner balloon will just be tied sealed to the point where you can't undo it without popping it, so there's no draining it to wash it.
Kilix stockpiled 3!
As am I, if you tend to sweat a lot or you have humidity problems it will still occur.
Has anyone tried putting about a half a cup of Corn Starch inside the outer balloon to stop the two sticking ? Corn Starch is made to absorb moisture ?..... Other powders will only clump when moist....
When water and corn starch mix it becomes very sticky - I have a recipe with them I regularly use. Plus, because of how thick corn starch is naturally, I'd imagine getting it inside such a restricting balloon as a punch-ball balloon could be very difficult. I just wouldn't risk it. Besides, one of the primary functions of the outer balloon is to prevent anything from spilling out should it burst (i.e. an added layer of protection). Putting anything inside of it other than the internal balloon would kind of defeat the point.
Kilix stockpiled 3!