incest????
okay, i know incest is not allowed in this forum but i think this thread wont violated any rules, but if it so, just feel free to delete this thread.

so okay, like what i quote from this page rule "Incest is described as sexual intercourse between two closely-related people."
or from wikipedia "Incest is sexual activity between family members or close relatives."
or from oxford dictionary "Sexual relations between people classed as being too closely related to marry each other."
but actually, how close it should be to be called incest?? first cousin?? third cousin??
what you guys think?
Scientist say the third cousin is far enough away that there won't be any effects done to (if they wanted) children
If you're talking about rules for the forum, that's for the mods to decide, not me.

If you're talking scientifically there is actually something called the coefficient of relationship, that's used to classify consanguinity in an official sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coefficient...lationship

Probably worth noting from the article: "Most legally prohibited degree of kinship regarding incestuous relationships concern relations of r = 25% or higher (3 or 4 degrees of relationship or lower), while most permit unions of individuals with r = 12.5% or lower. An exception are a number of US states where cousin marriage is prohibited. Also, most legislations make no provision for the rare case of marriage between double first cousins.

It should also be noted that incest laws also include prohibitions of unions between biologically unrelated individuals if there is a close legal relationship such as adoption or affinity. It also covers relationships though there is no likelihood of birth of children."

Again, this probably does not describe site rules, but it's worth noting on a scientific and legal basis.
The Pregnant Man of Essex County
I would guess that the mods would say something about the intentions of the post.
As bad as I am, I am proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem
Our admin defines incest as sexual relations between blood related individuals. Any and all stories, RPs, and blogs containing this type of material must be either changed or deleted.

We also reserve the right to censor any content we feel flirts too closely with the line, so to speak. This type of stuff usually gets voted on by all the mods first.

If you want my personal opinion, incest involves 2nd cousins or closer, adopted/step siblings, and in-laws.

Incest is one of those tricky things. You think that it's absolutely wrong and taboo until you realize that most (if not all) of the existing European monarchies/nobility are all related in some fashion, and that it was actively encouraged during certain points in history.

Arwen and Aragorn from LOTR are closely related. Actually, a lot of elvish unions in that franchise were between cousins, although never as close as first cousins or siblings.

Franklin Roosevelt married his fifth cousin Eleanore. She didn't have to change her name since her maiden name was Roosevelt. Woody Allen married his own stepdaughter. Actually, that last one is kinda creepy...
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
I was wondering if it would be possible for the admin to officially define the concept of incest a little more clearly. While I don't have anything in particular planned for any stories, I'm sure others might, and would appreciate the clarity. "Blood related individuals" is, in my humble opinion, a bit vague; how far apart do two individuals have to be before one stops considering them to be "blood related"? For example, 3rd cousins (same great-great-grandparents)? 4th (same 3 greats grandparents)? More? And then, as has been brought up in a couple of other posts you have step/adopted family members - who are "related" in the legal sense, even though they may not be "related" in the biological sense.

And just to add a bit of unusual marriages - Author and poet Edgar Allen Poe married a first cousin (same grandparents). They never had any children, and some suggest that their relationship was more like siblings than spouses since there is some evidence to suggest that the marriage may not have ever been consummated. (A Poe biographer, Kenneth Silverman, contends that though their first cousin marriage was not unusual, her young age was - he was 27, she was 13.)

Rock'n'Roll singer Jerry Lee Lewis's third wife was his first cousin once removed (his grandparents were her great-grandparents); they had two children together. (There was also a bit of scandal once reports of the marriage came out, not only for the incestuous nature but also of her age at the time; while the two of them and his management team all insisted that she was 15 at the time, records indicate that she was 13.)

I'm also something of a fan of advice collums, and several years ago read about a case where a guy married a woman who had several children from a previous marriage. The two then had several biological kids of their own before divorcing. The guy then married his oldest ex-stepdaughter - who by that point was of legal age - and had several biological kids with her. (The writer was asking about how the biological kids from the guy's first marriage were related to the biological kids from his second marriage.)
You might have to use some common sense, Mark. If it's incest in your state/country, then it's incest on our forums. And I can tell you right now that any story containing incest between first cousins or closer will be deleted.

Anything else, including step-siblings and adopted siblings, in-laws, ect., will be flagged and reviewed by the mods. As I said, we reserve the right to remove content we feel flirts too close with the line.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
When it comes to the step sibling thing, I personally find that there's a big difference between two people who were raised from a young age as siblings and two people who's parents met and married when they were older teens or adults.

It would seem more like incest to me in the first situation, when they step-sibs went through their whole life together and grew as a family.

In the latter situation, they would basically be strangers at an age where they are interested in love and romance. To me, that's less likely to be incest.

But that's just my two cents on it.
Sometimes, the world is cruel to shiny things...
I am reminded of a story.

There was a trucking company that was looking to hire new drivers. Many people applied, and at last the time came to interview the various folks who had the most impressive resumes. The hiring manager asked a variety of questions to each of the applicants, but one question stayed the same - the last question of the interview:

"One of our company's chief priorities is the safety of our cargo. So consider this scenario: Suppose you're driving down a road by the side of a cliff and the guard rails are out. How close to the edge do you estimate you could drive, without worrying about tipping over the side and spilling the contents of your truck?"

The answers varied - some applicants said six inches, some one foot, some said that it varied depending on the weather and other driving conditions.

One applicant replied, "I can't say as I'd try to find out. I'd rather not risk losing any cargo."

Who do you suppose got hired?