RP Advice
So one of the absolute basics to improvisation or storytelling is not to block each other, to always leave your partner a channel, a way to reply, something to work with. I've been working on an IVF rp lately and I keep getting closed statements, I am having to find more and more and more ways to create an open channel of conversation that leaves us something to build on and it's getting irritating. Now for this particular person he did tell me he's not very experienced so I'm trying to help but I thought I should write something up here to help those with not much experience to understand improv.

So for example

"I've been shot! Call an ambulance!" - "oh my gosh! Ok 999 I need an ambulance my friend's been shot! Hang on Sam they're coming! - Please hurry he looks bad, Sam what happened?"

But look what happens when you block your partner.

"I've been shot! Help me, call an ambulance!" - "ok" *I call ambulance*
.... You see you're not giving your partner much to respond to and you're really blocking the flow of communication.

Hope this helps.
I would also like to point out god modding. Usually in rps, you create your own little universe. But sometimes, your ep partner will try to change the rp to their liking without your consent. One example was where the main character was literally pregnant with a goddess but the rp partner tried to change everything to make it about them, even though the rp was about the guy pregnant with the goddess.
Exclamation 
Yes! Freaking god modding is a sure way to get me at least to drop a RP, closed replies as well.
Its a two way street.
Also for many, script (example: "speech" *action*) is not a true roleplay style. It is a sad, lazy excuse for writing and a clever godmod method.
Also, I want to reiterate leaving your partner some wiggle room.
A basic grasp of how pregnancy works is handy as well. Oh, and a basic grasp of spelling and grammar as well.
If you're approaching someone in a pm about rp and you want to ask to rp, do it right out. Do not just dick around and talk about wanting filled with babies. That's a no-no. Bad, I'll slap your grimy paws and try to teach you how to ask.
Also, as cruel as this sounds, rp within your league. If you're obviously a newb, who still uses script, don't ask to rp with me, or anyone else who does strictly third-person. If you're a newb who can manage a decent paragraph reply (five sentances at least) you might have a shot! A good shot!
Also, you can't piss and moan if someone says no to rp. No is no, and persisitant bothering and harassment can get your reported to admins!
 No longer RP Active 
Going straight down to hell when I die. 

I'm willing to help newbs but please when I give you advice, TAKE IT. I'm not really a fan of " " and * * but I'll admit I do it because I don't know how to explain to someone what I mean by first person only. It's a role play not a book. If you want to say *I touch your firm warm baby bump* well why not just write wow your bump feels so firm, I didn't think you'd start showing this soon. (Or whatever.)
I also hate it when someone doesn't use proper grammar and won't use quotations. It's really hard for some people to distinguish between a sentence or a statement without proper quotes.
And to go along with the proper grammar/proper spelling thing, do not use text speech in an RP. Save it for it texts, IM's, etc. Text Speech has no place in an RP. That and it's annoying seeing it in an RP too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need some advice... sailorofbeauty 3 1,752 04-22-2018, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Sazzy
Shocked Got my husband pregnant, any advice for a first time daddy? SilentBreeder 2 3,785 09-17-2017, 05:57 AM
Last Post: user.incognito1234
Rainbow Advice on Supply and Demand in the Mpreg Community InkingIncubus 0 3,271 11-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Last Post: InkingIncubus