Giving out personal information
So I started an Rp with a member who I will not name.

He immeadiately began asking me about where in the UK I live, - I said England, He asked where, - I'm not really happy to pinpoint my exact location for privacy reasons so I tried to change the subject. He wouldn't let it drop so I gave him a false location.

He asked me what I do for a living, he asked about my family, he asked about what I look like...

I told him I had a sister who used to live in London, that i'm 5'0 brunette.

He asks me if i'm curvy...

This was all getting pretty creepy (to me anyway) I mean I like to get to know my regular rp friends as friends but I don't go asking them for all kinds of personal information and their exact location within the first ten minutes! It made me think - how many of you are willing to give out this kind of information to someone you don't know about this pregnancy interest of ours?

Some of you may think this is no big deal but for me it was creepy. I usually ask about hobbies, music taste, studies etc. Just to break the ice and then get to know more about them over time when there's a trust.

This guy nearly wanted my blood group.
Personally, I practically never give out any really personal information to anyone that I know only in an on-line capacity. I give out general information sometimes, but nothing too specific. I'm not trying to be rude by any means, but you never know who might be reading this stuff.
(11-05-2014, 01:21 PM)xHappyBumpx Wrote: So I started an Rp with a member who I will not name.

He immeadiately began asking me about where in the UK I live, - I said England, He asked where, - I'm not really happy to pinpoint my exact location for privacy reasons so I tried to change the subject. He wouldn't let it drop so I gave him a false location.

He asked me what I do for a living, he asked about my family, he asked about what I look like...

I told him I had a sister who used to live in London, that i'm 5'0 brunette.

He asks me if i'm curvy...

This was all getting pretty creepy (to me anyway) I mean I like to get to know my regular rp friends as friends but I don't go asking them for all kinds of personal information and their exact location within the first ten minutes! It made me think - how many of you are willing to give out this kind of information to someone you don't know about this pregnancy interest of ours?

Some of you may think this is no big deal but for me it was creepy. I usually ask about hobbies, music taste, studies etc. Just to break the ice and then get to know more about them over time when there's a trust.

This guy nearly wanted my blood group.

@xHappyBumpx, if I would have been asked, instead of you, the stuff that this person asked you, I would have gave him/her general inormation and, if he/she wanted more/very specific stuff, I would have made stuff up just to throw this person off. XD I mean, some personal information is okay to be given out if generalized (i.e., location), but more specific personal information....yeah. I would be uncomfortable giving it out as well. Would feel almost wannabe stalker-ish to me.

But anyway, normally I don't give out specific personal information to someone I met online unless I've known him/her for a while and chatted with him/her quite a bit. Otherwise, I prefer to give general information.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink personal ads pregnantscubasteve40 3 1,751 03-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Last Post: TheKicking