a helpping hand
Wink 
So I have a friend that wanted to get pregnant and asked me to help her. I did help her and got her pregnant. The thing is I don't really feel like I did anything special now. I didn't really feel anything when she told me, I just kind of acknowledged it and moved on.
Also now my simulations just aren't doing anything for me now, I just don't get that joy I used too. what gives?
drop a line anytime you have questions or drop by for a belly rub.
This has been a fear of mine for a very long time now. Sometimes I almost feel cheated being born in a body that can't produce offspring, and all I can do biologically speaking is contribute some small gametes... aaaaaaaaand that's it. I'm afraid afterwards I'll just be like, "... is that really it? Is that all I get to do?" George Carlin put it best in his book When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops. Here's the excerpt;

"I think that the overriding problem for men is that in life's main event - reproduction - they're left out. Women do all the work. What do men contribute? Generally they're just looking for a quick parking space for some sperm. A couple of hits of hot jizzum and the volume on the TV goes right back up. "

I've feared situations such as yours even more though. It's one thing if it's my wife that gets pregnant, because then it would be "my job" at least to take care of her every need, even if that's not the "side" of a pregnancy I wanted to be on. Even then though, I'd still fear people teasing me about her pregnancy, not realizing how much they're hurting my feelings since I was the one that wanted to carry the child, let alone the jealousy I'd feel watching my wife experience what I've always wanted and the guilt for having "inflicted" the less enjoyable parts of pregnancy upon her.

If it's a friend or a surrogate, however, I wouldn't even get to support her; that would be the job of her actual spouse, partner, or friends. I would be contributing nothing aside from a tiny vial full of cells that take approximately two or three minutes to generate and that's it, all while still burdened with the jealousy, not to mention potential legal obligations.

I know what I've said here isn't exactly the most helpful or uplifting, but just know that you're not alone. I'd never stopped to think that impregnating someone else may sour my disposition on simulations, at least for a little while, but I can easily see that happening. Feel free to private message me if you need to talk it out some, or just talk *at* someone about it for a little while.
Kilix stockpiled 3!
Thank you Kilix that was helpful and that is the best way to describe how I feel.
Part of me has always wanted to have a support group for males like us, or even a support group open to anyone who was born in any way that renders them unable to carry children that desperately wishes too. I mean, this site is great and all, but it would be nice if such support groups existed.

Maybe we should start one?
Kilix stockpiled 3!
Kilix a support group sounds like a great idea but where do we base it out of and who is the leader of the group?
That's a good question. I've been thinking about writing a "my story" blog entry that tells... everything... including my desire to have a baby on my public website. If ever I did that, it would be a good opportunity to create such a group somewhere so I could just take a snippet of it to explain what the group is supposed to be. I guess we could for now at least create a thread somewhere on this website. If we coordinate it could take off. Would you be interested? We can continue this conversation in PM if you'd rather.
Kilix stockpiled 3!