Bisexuality
Just curious...does anyone think/feel that it is more acceptable to be homosexual than bisexual?

Just wondering because I came across an article headline a few weeks ago (didn't read it, though) that stated bisexual characters in TV and films are still very rare. Also, just thought back to comments I've heard/read in the past of how people don't believe in bisexuality/ agree with it.

I'm a straight female. I believe bisexuality exists. However, based off observations, I think society is more acceptable of homosexuality than bisexuality...even though homosexuality still has a ways to go to be fully accepted.
Most folks are more tolerant of homosexuality than bisexuality.
Homosexuality is more toleranted than Bisexuality. I really think it's because People have that idea you can only have one or the other not both that so many of our parents put on us as little kids.
(05-05-2015, 06:56 AM)Craddenali Wrote: Homosexuality is more toleranted than Bisexuality. I really think it's because People have that idea you can only have one or the other not both that so many of our parents put on us as little kids.

As a bisexual I can say that we act like gays when we are in a gay barĀ  or any gay place, and act as heterosexuals when we are surrounded by heterosexual people, So in my opinion to be bisexual it's a preference and not a culture around a preference like it occurs with gays
I agree that bisexuality is easily dismissed. Most people, straight or gay, typically acknowledge a person's sexuality with higher regard if the person has "picked a lane". For myself personally, I don't view myself have bisexual. I don't particularly court someone based on which gender I feel attracted to at the moment, I am more attracted to personalities than I am to biological factors such as what's between someone's legs. And I feel like that's a valid stance to have.
I'm not a bad driver. I just drive drive better at an altitude of 3,500 feet where I'm not surrounded by morons.
(07-16-2018, 09:00 AM)xiao2 Wrote: As a bisexual I can say that we act like gays when we are in a gay barĀ  or any gay place, and act as heterosexuals when we are surrounded by heterosexual people, So in my opinion to be bisexual it's a preference and not a culture around a preference like it occurs with gays

I get what you're saying, but I don't think this is a great scenario to use the word we. It's true I act way more gay in homosexual scenarios; even when I am with straight people though, I still act pretty gay. I'm attracted to men and women pretty much equally, but I still have pretty feminine traits. Sexuality doesn't always dictate how we act.

I definitely agree it's harder to form a culture and community. Unless you've seen someone in multiple relationships with different genders or they flat out say it, you really have no way of knowing and connecting on that level. I think having a bisexual community is important and needs more recognition. That's why I am quite vocal about it amongst my peers.
No you're right. When I came out to me my gay friend. All he said was "oh you're just greedy" jerk.
I've been told point blank that I am gay, just not committed to admitting I am gay. I am engaged to a man, and everyone I know is aware. Some people just don't believe it is real or that you should be able to like more than one sex.
When it seems like no one else loves you, remember that I do.