MUSIC!!!
I gotta know, what kind of music does everyone here listen to???

Me? Wellll for someone so maternal, I'm WAAAAY into Industrial/Dark Electro, Black Metal, and DUBSTEP!
Lots and lots of DUBSTEP!

[one tough momma, lol!]

Bands:

Dawn of Ashes
Psyclon Nine
Cradle of Filth
Deathstars
KMFDM
Dimmu Borgir

And as for all of the Dubstep, thats just any remix or beat that tickles my fancy!

Some Skrillex
Some Deadmau5
Ephixa
Speedy
Filthorime
Heart ☣️ Heart ☣️ Heart
I have too much music to actually narrow down my preference to just one or two genres... It really depends on my mood and the time of day.

If I had to choose one genre that I can't live without, it would be movie scores. I love them. I listen to them all the time. The score can really push me over to one side of the fence or the other when it comes to movies. I went to see "The da Vinci Code" because of the score. I own the scores from all three LOTR movies, plus the extended scores for all three.

It's not just movies though. I love video game scores/soundtracks as well. I never really gave them much thought until Assassin's Creed 2 came out. Then I was doomed... Mmmm...

I despise the radio. The same 20 songs on the same 20 channels. No thank you.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
I really have absolutely positively no preference to any music genre at all. Which is why I like Pandora Radio so much. I can make one radio station with one artist's name and it will play other artists in the same genre. And if you type in a movie score (like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen movie score), it will play scores from all types of movies plus video games (mainly the Halo games--at least as far as I know). I mainly use classical music for studying and movie scores for inspiration for when I write. All the other genres I use for everyday listening.
I have a movie score station on my Pandora app too. I fall asleep to it when I'm too lazy to plug in my iPod.
---            

If you have an issue, I can help! PM me or email me here--> thekicking@gmail.com
Metal all the way
(06-05-2012, 07:45 AM)thegreatbanksy Wrote: Metal all the way

:3 Which artists?
Heart ☣️ Heart ☣️ Heart
Me i been big into bands like evanesence (doubt i spelled that right), lacuna coil, nightwish, and the fallen lately. And if anyone knows the movie Repo: the genetic opera...thats been big on my playlist too.
(05-07-2012, 06:57 PM)Visser5 Wrote: Dimmu Borgir

I don't care what old fags say, ABRAHADABRA is a great album. Not that the old stuff wasn't amazing; I spent many a school bus ride listening to Godless Savage Garden or For All Tid on replay.

I used to a huge metal junkie when I was young. Dimmu, Gloomy Grim, Cannibal Corpse, Lordi, and DETHKLOK. Still am today, but I have broadened my musical tastes.

Bands (not mentioned above)
The Birthday Massacre
Mindless Self Indulgence
Mickey & Sylvia
The Beatles
Caribou
Crystal Castles
Javelin
Oh No! Oh My!
Foster the People
Class Actress
Kyle Andrews
Booty Thrill
Passion Pit
Scissor Sisters
MGMT
M83
Natalia Kills
Lady Gaga
Illinois
Aphex Twins

I also look up game OST when I need a fix. Digital Devil Saga having the best OST I have encountered thus far.

Tangerine Queen and Archduchess of all Citrus
(06-08-2012, 06:06 PM)TangerineTitillation Wrote: I don't care what old fags say, ABRAHADABRA is a great album. Not that the old stuff wasn't amazing; I spent many a school bus ride listening to Godless Savage Garden or For All Tid on replay.

I didn't get into Dimmu until Death Cult Armageddon - [Progenies of the Great Apocalypse, FTW!], but I did my reasearch, and enjoy everything by them! ABRADAHABRA thoroughly kicked my ass! So much so that I had to go see them the last time they came to Houston [this was like November of 2010]! Twas the most epic show evar!
Heart ☣️ Heart ☣️ Heart
(06-10-2012, 10:31 PM)Visser5 Wrote: I didn't get into Dimmu until Death Cult Armageddon - [Progenies of the Great Apocalypse, FTW!], but I did my reasearch, and enjoy everything by them! ABRADAHABRA thoroughly kicked my ass! So much so that I had to go see them the last time they came to Houston [this was like November of 2010]! Twas the most epic show evar!

I didn't know about Dimmu until I was around maybe 14 or 15 years of age. So the first album I got into was In Sorte Diaboli. Once I got my grubby hands on that album I set out on a feverish quest to listen to ALL of their albums. In that journey I encountered a lot of fans from 1994 that had a bad case of butthurt, saying that their music isn't the same anymore, and that it was too processed. Why complain when a good band is still producing really good music? People will find any reason to bitch and moan I guess.

And I'm so jelly that you got to see their concert D: The only concerts that come to my area is Country Music bands ...
Tangerine Queen and Archduchess of all Citrus

My favorite is folk music of any kind. 60s, 70s, appalachian, Celtic, etc.

Artists I like are:

Jack White
Ani Difranco
Bob Dylan
Enya
Brandi Carlile
Tracy Chapman
The Bastard Fairies
Alanis Morrissette
Sublime
Jefferson Airplane
John Denver
Josh Groban
Regina Spektor
Cage the Elephant
Adele
Aerosmith
Paula Cole
The Beatles
Fleetwood Mac
etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....
As bad as I am, I am proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem
(05-07-2012, 07:11 PM)Jesse Wrote: I have too much music to actually narrow down my preference to just one or two genres... It really depends on my mood and the time of day.

If I had to choose one genre that I can't live without, it would be movie scores. I love them. I listen to them all the time. The score can really push me over to one side of the fence or the other when it comes to movies. I went to see "The da Vinci Code" because of the score. I own the scores from all three LOTR movies, plus the extended scores for all three.

It's not just movies though. I love video game scores/soundtracks as well. I never really gave them much thought until Assassin's Creed 2 came out. Then I was doomed... Mmmm...

I despise the radio. The same 20 songs on the same 20 channels. No thank you.

Oh my God I thought I was the only one. My Ipod has over 23 GB on music on it and I'd say over 80% of it is all Movie and Video Game Soundtrack stuff. My brother never thought too highly of my musical tastes because of it.
Kilix stockpiled 3!
DUBSTEP!
That and Rock music!
Good, hard rock music.
I like:
DEADMAU5 ( listening to professional greifers at the time of writing.)
Boston ( For the win!)
Rush ( Awwwww yeah, Neil Peart!)
Some Journey, and don't forget Weird Al!

I am also part of the OST crowd, Portal 2 having THE BEST soundtrack EVER

( On a second note... MYST soundtrack anyone? )

This space intentionally left blank*

hmm for me:

The Beatles
Florence + The Machine
Metallica
John Williams (All of his compositions are beautiful and epic!)
Howard Shore
Danny Elfman
Rob Zombie
Enya
Loreena McKennett
Utada Hikaru

and many more lol
[Image: tumblr_m2ozkjMvwa1r3wn4bo4_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_m5ud4lT8rY1r3jzod.gif]
Well I told u in the message that I like punk and rock so here some bands

Weezer
The beatles
Rise againsts
Red hot chili pepper
Sugercult
Hey Monday
fall out boys
My chemical romance
Foo fighters
Peral jam
The adolescents
fenix tx
The misfits
New found glory
Paramore
And alot more lol
i love my preggo belly. dont u? lol
(09-22-2012, 06:30 AM)Mr.pregnantboy612 Wrote: The misfits

Indeed!
And a couple addendums to my favs;
AFI
HIM

Heart ☣️ Heart ☣️ Heart
Too many to name, but Azealia Banks and Lana Del Rey are my current favorites
I'm complex because of the wide verity of music I listen to. I can listen to almost anything but I can't stand Rap, R&B, heavy mental or soul but anything I could. Oh also can't stand Red solo cup and somebody that I use to know
I listen to both kinds - rock and roll :P

I'm sort of all over the place within it though and sometimes outside of it.

I love Gregorian chant and symphony music.

bands:
Def Leppard
David Bowie
Led Zepplin
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Florence and the Machine
Adele
Frank Ocean
Vienna Teng
Boomtown Rats
Green Day
Queen
Maroon 5
Jason Mraz
Billy Joel
Young the Giant
The Black Crows
Counting Crows
Shawn Mullins
The Black Keys
Grace Potter
Elvis Costello

....and the list just keeps going. Very eclectic. Not much Gaga.

And I love GLEE!!!
I like a lot of bands, so I think I can come up with a fairly decent list. Lemme see here: I enjoy listening to Aerosmith, Smash Mouth, Counting Crows, AC/DC, Evanescence, Nightwish, Led Zepplin, Def Leppard, anything from Tim Burton and John Williams, Blue Oyster Cult, Creed, Cascada, Foreigner, Lynard Skynyrd, Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac, Linkin Park, Nickleback, ZzTop,and Collective Soul.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clothes Shopping Vs Music Shopping. Plutexian Mpregger 7 3,919 06-10-2014, 01:57 AM
Last Post: preglovergreg
  music shuffle game tetrisbelly 2 2,307 07-29-2013, 03:07 AM
Last Post: BabyDaddy
  Music Fever: Steam Powered Giraffe BaronVonCroydlypants 1 1,793 01-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Last Post: darkfanboy