Calder's Guide to Simulation
I remember when I first started simulating - it looked pretty awful. So I'm compiling a list of methods of simulation for anyone else looking for new methods to try.

Vests and Beach Ball
A personal favourite, you'll need 3 vests and a beach ball. Put two vests on as usual, but for the third, step into the arm holes of the vest and bring it all the way up to the top of your thighs. Let one of the vests on your torso stay flat to your own tummy, use the vest on your thighs to hold the beach ball, and then put a vest over your beach ball belly and lower beach ball. So you have.. Body, vest, beach ball, thigh vest, vest.

Scarves or Bandages with Pillow
Get a small couch cushion, those squares ones, and place it over your chest. Now wrap around your scarf/scarves or bandages to hold it in place and shape it.

Tight T-shirts
Layer up some tight t-shirts with a beach ball or a pillow and you're good to go!

Feel free to reply with more methods~
Birth lover!
Love to RP with pics & short videos
On discord @zlastname
This could be a great thread. I'd also love to know of other people's simulation methods. You never know, we could end up giving each other tips or ideas! 

I have to be honest, my simulation methods are still fairly crude purely down to the lack of time and the lack of funds. If I had my own place, I could save some money and buy proper empathy bellies and the likes. Items in which I could store away without risk of them being found. I'd also find more private time in order to simulate properly. 

The only time I can go to such lengths as simulating properly, albeit with whatever materials are available to me, is when I'm home alone for at least an hour or perhaps when I’m away in a hotel room. As things stand, I can pretty much count those occasions on one hand in any given year these days...

Anyway, enough of that and onto simulating...! 

I'm familiar with the square couch cushion method. That’s probably my most common one, actually. I have four on my bed. Two of which are just about perfect in terms of size and width to fit under a vest or small t-shirt to simulate a realistic(ish) looking pregnancy if you have an extra five minutes or so to manipulate the shape correctly. Surprisingly, thinner cushions tend to achieve more realistic-looking results from my experience. They don't push out the t-shirt/vest ridiculously far and gives your belly a reasonable 6/7/8 month looking belly - pending on the cushion thickness, of course.

Something else I used to do along similar lines, which is probably a little odd, is to actually use that cushion but stuff it up the t-shirt/vest but behind your back, rather than your front. Locate it just above your bottom. Now, leave the shirt up at the front so your belly remains bare and try and squeeze into a pair of trousers. You can probably see where this is going... Stand in front of a mirror and you'll see a simulation of a classic pregnancy shot of opened trousers which can't possibly be buttoned up e.t.c... It works much better if you've just had a big meal and can push your belly out further than usual to give it that 'pregnant' look.

Still using this cushion, I have another simulation trick which can work well. Lie on your back (preferably on the bed) and put the cushion under your back, beneath your belly. Now push your belly out (or up, rather) as far as you can. The cushion underneath means your back is likely to be a few inches higher than it should and in effect, your belly looks as if it's rising into a larger 'arc' or 'dome' than it really is. I remember taking a few Polaroid pictures of myself when I was younger whilst doing this on one occasion as I'd just ate about an hour earlier. When I looked at the pictures (took a few from different angles with my arms at full stretch), on some of them I did genuinely look about six months pregnant!

Quite a number of years ago I used to lurk around another (now defunct) forum where one member commented on how to make a realistic looking popped out belly button. All it takes is toilet tissue. Tear off a small piece, scrunch it up (i.e - to belly button size) and just dip it under a running tap. Allow it to dry and it goes pretty hard - almost like paper mache. Place it carefully under an already stuffed t-shirt/vest and admire! The only issue is that if the shirt is too tight already, or the tissue hasn’t quite dried, it will crush. Sometimes this looks better (pending on the look you're going for), but usually it'll crush more or less flat where it's not even noticeable under the t-shirt/vest. Personally, I wet the toilet tissue and then push it into my own belly button. After drying, tease it out and you should then have the near-perfect shape of your own belly button. Obviously in a real pregnancy it would stretch and distort whilst inverting but it would be the shape of it inverted it it simply 'popped'. I find it a bit more realistic when in reality, the likelihood is that it wouldn’t be...if you get my drift!

I'm looking forward to seeing other people's methods using materials and items available to them from the house.
can I just say, THANK YOU. Honestly I can't stand it when u can see the "Wilson" logo on a volleyball thru a guys t-shirt. that's why I always dig the earlier months in a simulated pregnancy, because it looks more real when someone just eats too much and bloats himself out a bit. I may be a loser at fantasy and too much of a realist, but party-people, ya gotta agree...it's a LOT more fun when it looks right lol
I'm not a bad driver. I just drive drive better at an altitude of 3,500 feet where I'm not surrounded by morons.
I love simulating and have done since i was little.  Started off in the usual stuffing a pillow under a top but when i started working i improved my technique.  Changed the bump to a balloon, but it never looked right.  The way i got round this was by using shapewear.  It compressed the balloon onto my abdomen and made it more pregnant like but it never gave the full girth of my frame so looked odd from the front.  

Now what i use is a giant ballon under a maternity spandex shape dress, then a normal shapewear on top of that and then another maternity shape dress.  I think it give a nice realistic bump but i tend to over inflate the ballon so its like a multiply bump.  When i get the inflate correct it looks great.  Recently bought some actual maternity clothes and its amazing.  Just spent the last 6-7 hours waddling round my empty shared flat like this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-13-2015, 09:56 PM)Minipreggo Wrote: I love simulating and have done since i was little.  Started off in the usual stuffing a pillow under a top but when i started working i improved my technique.  Changed the bump to a balloon, but it never looked right.  The way i got round this was by using shapewear.  It compressed the balloon onto my abdomen and made it more pregnant like but it never gave the full girth of my frame so looked odd from the front.  

Now what i use is a giant ballon under a maternity spandex shape dress, then a normal shapewear on top of that and then another maternity shape dress.  I think it give a nice realistic bump but i tend to over inflate the ballon so its like a multiply bump.  When i get the inflate correct it looks great.  Recently bought some actual maternity clothes and its amazing.  Just spent the last 6-7 hours waddling round my empty shared flat like this.

Those are some impressive results! You should start up your own thread and post some more pictures. :)

What kind of shapewear dress exactly do you use? Could you maybe link to one on a store website or something? I've been looking for something along those lines.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Public simulation Minipreggo 23 12,549 03-14-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: saty
  Simulation Frequency AepiScorch 18 4,544 10-30-2021, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Belly Button
Lightbulb Integrated Multi-Sensory Mpreg Simulation: Silicone Belly, TENS, Vibrating Butt Plug johnqsocial 14 18,911 09-21-2021, 05:20 PM
Last Post: johnqsocial
  birth simulation preggster 30 26,135 07-26-2019, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Chicken man
  Wubble Simulation Twi 7 3,110 08-30-2018, 03:48 AM
Last Post: piecheese10
  Baby simulation Pregnantmand2 3 2,944 08-22-2018, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Pregnantmand2
  Heavy set simulation mpregisamazing 2 2,181 03-23-2018, 02:58 AM
Last Post: WolfgangD
  Is this the ultimate EMS for conraction simulation? joshlg_uk 4 2,735 01-28-2018, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Midwife
  Need belly simulation tips zacklovesmpreg 4 6,493 12-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Last Post: joshlg_uk
  Realistic/enjoyable birth simulation Junk 9 13,652 07-15-2016, 03:36 AM
Last Post: HollyWd